300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by *El Famoso 818* View Post
    bro ive been in the process since February 2007 for SWB u have a long long long JUST BE PATIENT
    What the! Are you serious? I thought SWB needed officers desperately? They are severly understaffed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Daking0fqueens View Post
      What the! Are you serious? I thought SWB needed officers desperately? They are severly understaffed.
      True, but there are hundreds of totally cleared candidates for swb waiting for the final job offer who have been waiting 2-3 years. So expect to do the same. This is not a quick process.

Comment

• Originally posted by *El Famoso 818* View Post
        bro ive been in the process since February 2007 for SWB u have a long long long JUST BE PATIENT
        You have been in the process longer than I have been... I thought I was by far the longest running on the board, and I stand corrected! Lets hope something happens real soon for us... This has been an excruciating process, almost never ending, at least on my part. I'm sure you feel the same way!
        CBPO
        Written: 08/29/2007
        EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• So it looks like the up coming FLETC class is from May 19th, - Sept 23rd. When do you guys think the next class will be? That way we can kind of gauge when some more people will be getting "the call" next?
          Tested: 8/2008
          TO: 12/2008
          GEO: LAX/LB
          1st TSU: 3/5/09
          2nd Medical: 6/1/11
          Cleared 6/22/11
          2nd BI: met 7/14/11
          Cleared 9/29/11
          2nd TSU:
          Referred to Schedule EOD: 9/23/2011

The Call: 10/24/11
          EOD: 11/21/11 (LAX)
          Fletc: 12/30 - 5/7/12

PFT2: 11/4/11 (passed)
          Final EOD letter: 11/7/11

Comment

• Originally posted by TopGunn View Post
            True, but there are hundreds of totally cleared candidates for swb waiting for the final job offer who have been waiting 2-3 years. So expect to do the same. This is not a quick process.
            If that's the case, why didn't I select my geo for the east coast (Florida, NY)?

Comment

• And why did CBP send a mass email talking about they need 500 SWB officers (which they sounded desperate to have by the end of this year)?

Comment

If that's the case, why didn't I select my geo for the east coast (Florida, NY)?
                Well swb will get you hired quicker, but not quick

Comment

And why did CBP send a mass email talking about they need 500 SWB officers (which they sounded desperate to have by the end of this year)?
                  You can think of it this way, the new testers are just back ups for those are processed and still waiting (SWB). And for those are still waiting probably went with another agency, got a better job, lose interest of the job etc etc...
                  TSU - 8/28/09
                  TO - 3/2009
                  On the job

Comment

• Originally posted by dannyw View Post
                    So it looks like the up coming FLETC class is from May 19th, - Sept 23rd. When do you guys think the next class will be? That way we can kind of gauge when some more people will be getting "the call" next?
                    If recent history is any indicator, with classes starting on 4/11, 5/5, and 5/19, it looks like one or two classes a month. But as you will quickly learn with the feds, expect the unexpected. Usually hiring slows to a crawl in the summer as funding for the fiscal year dwindles down.

Comment

And why did CBP send a mass email talking about they need 500 SWB officers (which they sounded desperate to have by the end of this year)?
                      Hiring is still occurring for the SWB, trust me. Just because it is not being reported here doesn't mean it is not happening. FOOBT-1110 which reports on May 5 has a full class of 48. Almost half of those 48 are for the SWB, CA alone. Hopefully, on Thursday I will be able to report (from FLETC) the makeup of the rest of our class to give you guys an indicator on non-SWB hiring.
                      Last edited by Thoughtless; 04-29-2011, 12:32 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thoughtless View Post
                        Hiring is still occurring for the SWB, trust me. Just because it is not being reported here doesn't mean it is not happening. FOOBT-1110 which reports on May 5 has a full class of 48. Almost half of those 48 are for the SWB, CA alone. Hopefully, on Thursday I will be able to report the makeup of the rest of our class to help give you guys an indicator on non-SWB hiring.
                        Thanks for posting, you must be busy huh? Try to give us some updates from the Academy and such too. Hope all is well.

As for me, I have this message in CASS for Medical:

"You have been sent a letter requesting additional medical information."

Everything was fine two years ago in my first medical and nothing has changed since so my money is on a faulty EKG... I hope that letter gets here soon and I can resolve the issue while SYS (hopefully) has vacancies!

Comment

• I am sure when your medical gets squared away, you will be the first one to get the call. I heard a class of 5 or so reported on Monday and I was wondering if you were one of them. Good luck, bro.

Comment

I am sure when your medical gets squared away, you will be the first one to get the call. I heard a class of 5 or so reported on Monday and I was wondering if you were one of them. Good luck, bro.
                            Thanks, appreciate it. I know you have a lot of resources at the Port with all of your new co-workers, classmates etc., but PM me if you need any insight or different perspective on places to live, eat, shop and all of that stuff when you're getting ready to move here permanently. Enjoy Georgia and hopefully we'll cross paths soon.

Comment

• Just stopping in to wish everybody some luck, I changed my geo code and am awaiting further info myself
                              CBPO
                              Test: 12/6/10

NOR: 1/25/11
                              T.O. 5/25/11
                              Geo: Laredo, TX
                              NYPD
                              Test: 2/2011
                              NOR: 5/4/11
                              List #: 1XX

Comment

Hiring is still occurring for the SWB, trust me. Just because it is not being reported here doesn't mean it is not happening. FOOBT-1110 which reports on May 5 has a full class of 48. Almost half of those 48 are for the SWB, CA alone. Hopefully, on Thursday I will be able to report (from FLETC) the makeup of the rest of our class to give you guys an indicator on non-SWB hiring.
                                I look forward to seeing you all Session 281. Session 280 just finished our 3rd week and we're still 24 strong. No one has left yet, and we hope it stays that way till the end.

Best of luck to all of you.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8934 users online. 414 members and 8520 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X