300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jasko View Post
    Thanks for the response. I've been doing the elliptical a lot, but just haven't been doing situps. A little late for me I guess considering my exam is tomorrow. I just left them a message to try to reschedule my appointment for a later date.. see how that works out. Waiting on a call back.

Riding the elliptical or the bike have nothing to to do with running 1.5 miles. I've been a bike rider for years and compete, believe me that does not match up to running.

All of you that do the elliptical or the bike at the gym, get of your lazy behinds and instead run on the treadmill 1.5 miles at least 4 times a week. There is no need for you to lift weights. You should be doing sit-ups, push-ups, pull-ups and running at least 1.5 miles. And if you haven't started doing that I suggest you begin now.

I'm confident I can do the step test / run. Those don't primarily depend on my core strength. I've been gyming a lot with the elliptical / bicycle so I feel good about those tests.

lol, if they allow me to reschedule my appointment, I will definitely try this method at home first. I wouldn't want to pass out with the examiner at my feet!

Comment

• It's time you all started running 1.5 miles at least 4 times a week. Get off the elliptical and bike if your going to the gym and get on the treadmill. And even the treadmill is not like running on the track sucking dirty air.

Do push-ups, sit-ups, pull-ups and run. Forget about everything else until your able to run at least 1.5 miles without stopping.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jasko View Post
        Yah. I checked out the information on the website and it says for the fitness test, just complete as many pushups / situps as you can do in under a minute.

For the actual packet I got via FedEx, for where the physician fills in, it states that if you score between 0 - 19 situps, I will not get any points for that, but will get points for 20 and above. Minimum of 20 pushups / 25 situps.

I just joined a gym about a month ago and have been working out since then. Nothing hardcore or anything since I haven't heard anything back from CBP. This test came out of the blue really. My fault for not being prepared, but I was just wondering everyone's experience.
        Took the Fitness April 2011

Push ups 40 = 34 pts
        Sit ups 34 = 29 pts
        Lift test/8 cycles 41 sec= 31 pts
        Side steps 10 sec 13 touches = 36 pts
        steps= completed 5 min
        and I'm 41 yrs / vet
        For all you pending for FT1 you better practice the steps, not an easy task even if you run. after you finish your thighs will feel like they 're going to explode!!!!
        CBPO
        Exam: 12/2010
        GEO: Texas West/N Mexico
        NOR: Jan 2011
        TO VRA: 3/2011 El Paso
        TO: 4/2011 El Paso
        Pre emp : Completed
        Qualifications: Completed
        PT Test: 4/2011 Completed
        Drug Screening: not required
        Medical: 4/2011 Completed
        BI met w/ investigator 7/14 Completed 8/16
        VBI: 08/12/2011 letter received 8/27 Passed
        Change GEO,- Southeast 6/08
        TSU 8/18/2011

Comment

• williburns!

I hated the STEP test.. I felt a pull in my leg while doing it and was like.. eh.. not going to be fun tomorrow. I had to ice my leg the next couple of days.

BTW how do you not have to take a drug test?
          CBPO
          Exam: Retook exam: 11/2010
          TO: 2/2011
          Medical: 3/22/2011
          PT Test: 3/22/2011
          VBT: 3/2011
          Background: 3/2011
          Drug Test: 4/2011
          Referred to TSU: 5/2011
          PT Test 2: TBD
          FLETC: Good Question lol
          CBP Officer:

USMS- Region 8
          Info Session 9/2009
          Interview 3/2010
          COE 5/2010
          Medical 5/2010
          Fit/Background 7/2010
          All clear as of 11/2010
          FCIP Over, all applicants scrapped. (GAME OVER) 3/2011 :'(

Comment

• Originally posted by BiggyWannaBGman View Post
            williburns!

I hated the STEP test.. I felt a pull in my leg while doing it and was like.. eh.. not going to be fun tomorrow. I had to ice my leg the next couple of days.

BTW how do you not have to take a drug test?

Not sure, probably is because I had one last year for CBPT. Also just received ee-mail with BI docs, e-qip, etc. I had to verify my mail for the Fingerprint cards
            CBPO
            TSU 8/18/2011

Comment

• Logged onto CASS this evening to find my fitness and structured interview now say not applicable.
              Last edited by Walla183; 04-27-2011, 08:30 PM.

Comment

• Mine said "requirement met." Though my 2nd BI was pending yesterday.
                TO: 4/09/09
                Background: Met with BI on 6/18/09
                TSU: 6/11/09

Comment

• Originally posted by Walla183 View Post
                  Logged onto CASS this evening to find my medical and structured interview now say not applicable.

If you applied prior Nov 2010 you do not have to take the SI, only the VBI
                  After Nov 2010 you will have to do both
                  CBPO
                  TSU 8/18/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by williburns View Post
                    If you applied prior Nov 2010 you do not have to take the SI, only the VBI
                    After Nov 2010 you will have to do both
                    Interesting. It was the SI and fitness that went to not applicable. Not that I am complaining...

Comment

• Originally posted by Beecy View Post
                      Background went back to completed today in CASS. The only thing I did since it went back to pending is redo my medical and pass. Medical and DT still pending though...
                      Background back to pending again. MHC says they are waiting for my credit check to come back. Medical back to completed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Walla183 View Post
                        Logged onto CASS this evening to find my fitness and structured interview now say not applicable.
                        My Cass shows all Not Applicable... =\
                        TSU - 8/28/09
                        TO - 3/2009
                        On the job

Comment

• After seeing all this stuff about CASS showing different things I logged in to see that my BI went back to "pending"... I mean it was just cleared 2 weeks ago!... BTW earlier to day it showed it was cleared.
                          CBPO
                          Written: 08/29/2007
                          EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Pre-employment forms went back to completed. Waiting on my BI to call me now and set up the 2nd interview. Everything else is green checked. No "non applicable", not sure what that's about. Havn't heard of that yet in CASS.
                            Geo: Illinois
                            Test Score: 94
                            Quals: GS-7
                            T.O.: 8/7/2007
                            Referred to Schedule EOD

"Theirs not to make reply, Theirs not to reason why, Theirs but to do and die"

Comment

• I got a call earlier this morning to schedule a poly test. I had originally had it scheduled for next wednesday but i got another call about half hour later saying that i'd get a call back around may 18th to schedule another one. I'm in TSU for Buffalo NY. Just curious what to expect? how long it lasts? I originally entered TSU 6/29/2009

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuckb88 View Post
                                I got a call earlier this morning to schedule a poly test. I had originally had it scheduled for next wednesday but i got another call about half hour later saying that i'd get a call back around may 18th to schedule another one. I'm in TSU for Buffalo NY. Just curious what to expect? how long it lasts? I originally entered TSU 6/29/2009
                                Go well rested and with a good breakfast that morning (maybe a snack for the break)...it'll take about 4 hours. We are not at liberty to discuss how the test is conducted or what types of questions are asked, just tell the truth and you'll be good!
                                CBPO
                                Written: 08/29/2007
                                EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4538 users online. 250 members and 4288 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X