300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gbeck422 View Post
    I have a trip planned to South America this summer, bought tickets... want to go see Machu Picchu and Easter Island... I've been in TSU for over 2 years. With a possible hiring spree coming up this year... say I get a call... would CBP be open to letting me continue on with my trip and then starting upon my return?? Considering my life has been on hold essentially with this process for more than 2 years... I think it seems a little unfair to call someone up and expect them to drop everything and show up for an EOD a few days later. The office in MN has also told me to continue on with life as I normally would do and not to put anything on hold... so I planned my trip... on their advice... so what do you guys think???
    They might give a short-term deferment.

Do you have a name or email for the person at MHC who told you to
    live life as usual?

If you do, document it.

An "I booked and left on vacation because 'Jim' at MHC emailed/told me it was OK" is only going to help
    your argument, if MHC takes issue in the future.

Comment

• trip

Originally posted by Daking0fqueens View Post
      Gbeck what's your geo and how long is the vaca?
      My geo preference is St. Thomas in the USVI... and I was planning on 3 weeks. I mean, with all due respect, do they seriously expect me to sit around for 2.5 years without doing anything and sitting by the phone? It's not realistic. If I got the call, I'd would accept a deal... something like I'd move up my trip ASAP, take it, and then devote all of my time to this career as opposed to taking the vacation as planned. I believe I was also told that as long as I had standing tickets, CBP would usually allow the person to continue with the trip as long as it wasn't many months out. But, you know how it is... I get different answers from different people. Someone suggested I get the name of the person who told me to "live as I normally would" and I think I will call today or tomorrow and inquire again... and then document it. And to the guy from NYC... yeah, I do want it... but I've been "on hold" for 2.5 years... I have a life to live... things to do... places to see... life to experience. If you think I'm going to sit by my phone for close to 3 years and miss out on all these different opportunities for a job/call that I may or may not get... think again. And, at this point, I would even consider turning the job down at this point if it came down to "show up for EOD next Friday or else."

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
        They might give a short-term deferment.

Do you have a name or email for the person at MHC who told you to
        live life as usual?

If you do, document it.

An "I booked and left on vacation because 'Jim' at MHC emailed/told me it was OK" is only going to help
        your argument, if MHC takes issue in the future.
        Thanks, Merlin. Yeah, I will call today or tomorrow and get "documentation." Thanks for the advice.

Comment

• Hey Jasko,

Did they notify you before sending the Fedex package or you recived it by surprise?

Originally posted by Jasko View Post
          I got my medical packet in the mail yesterday via Fedex. The packet indicated that I need to do a minimum of 20 pushups and 25 situps in under a minute. Pushups, I have no problem with. I can probably bust out a good 30 - 35 under a minute. Situps, on the other hand, have always been my weakness. I can probably get about 15 - 18 in under a minute. I was wondering if you get more pushups than situps, could they compensate for the other?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jasko View Post
            I got my medical packet in the mail yesterday via Fedex. The packet indicated that I need to do a minimum of 20 pushups and 25 situps in under a minute. Pushups, I have no problem with. I can probably bust out a good 30 - 35 under a minute. Situps, on the other hand, have always been my weakness. I can probably get about 15 - 18 in under a minute. I was wondering if you get more pushups than situps, could they compensate for the other?
            Yeah I believe so, look at the chart and scale online at that website. It tells you.
            CBPO
            Exam: Retook exam: 11/2010
            TO: 2/2011
            Medical: 3/22/2011
            PT Test: 3/22/2011
            VBT: 3/2011
            Background: 3/2011
            Drug Test: 4/2011
            Referred to TSU: 5/2011
            PT Test 2: TBD
            FLETC: Good Question lol
            CBP Officer:

USMS- Region 8
            Info Session 9/2009
            Interview 3/2010
            COE 5/2010
            Medical 5/2010
            Fit/Background 7/2010
            All clear as of 11/2010
            FCIP Over, all applicants scrapped. (GAME OVER) 3/2011 :'(

Comment

• Originally posted by BiggyWannaBGman View Post
              Yeah I believe so, look at the chart and scale online at that website. It tells you.
              Yah. I checked out the information on the website and it says for the fitness test, just complete as many pushups / situps as you can do in under a minute.

For the actual packet I got via FedEx, for where the physician fills in, it states that if you score between 0 - 19 situps, I will not get any points for that, but will get points for 20 and above. Minimum of 20 pushups / 25 situps.

I just joined a gym about a month ago and have been working out since then. Nothing hardcore or anything since I haven't heard anything back from CBP. This test came out of the blue really. My fault for not being prepared, but I was just wondering everyone's experience.

Comment

• This E Qip shyt is confusing! I can't even log in lol

Comment

• to jasko. do situps daily.. do like 5 today... then 10 tomorrow.. little increases each time.

also do the elliptical machine at that gym, which is like a bike. You will have to do the STEP test for 5 mins straight, its like marching, and practicing with the elliptical will help.

to Daking0fQueens. Call them if you cant log in because they are SUPPOSE to set it up so you can get in. I had to do it for multiple agencies and it would not work unless that agency sent them a request.
                  CBPO
                  CBP Officer:

USMS- Region 8
                  Info Session 9/2009
                  Interview 3/2010
                  COE 5/2010
                  Medical 5/2010
                  Fit/Background 7/2010
                  All clear as of 11/2010

Comment

to jasko. do situps daily.. do like 5 today... then 10 tomorrow.. little increases each time.

also do the elliptical machine at that gym, which is like a bike. You will have to do the STEP test for 5 mins straight, its like marching, and practicing with the elliptical will help.

to Daking0fQueens. Call them if you cant log in because they are SUPPOSE to set it up so you can get in. I had to do it for multiple agencies and it would not work unless that agency sent them a request.
                    yeah I just called her she said she resetted my questions and extended my due date. She said inwont be able to log in until tomorrow morning.

Comment

No they do not. You have to do a minimum of 20 push-ups, 25 sit-ups, a side step test, the bench step test and lift and lower a box.

Not to be obtuse or anything. But if you can't do 25 sit-ups how are you gonna finish the five minute step test let alone run 1.5 miles before you leave and expect to make it in the academy?

Comment

No one does not compensate for the other, they are both either pass or fail. Here's a tip for situps tho, works for me... Right before you start, take a deep breath and hold that breath while you knock out as many sit-ups as you can. Usually by the time I need to take another breath in, i'm past 25 sit-ups. Try this and see if it helps you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Daking0fqueens View Post
                          yeah I just called her she said she resetted my questions and extended my due date. She said inwont be able to log in until tomorrow morning.
                          Hey Queens,

If you were to have posted that comment on the Delphi Border Patrol forum you would have been crucified for your diction and syntax.
                          Le gra'sta De' a Theim.
                          Galic: By The Grace Of God Go I.

Comment

to jasko. do situps daily.. do like 5 today... then 10 tomorrow.. little increases each time.

Thanks for the response. I've been doing the elliptical a lot, but just haven't been doing situps. A little late for me I guess considering my exam is tomorrow. I just left them a message to try to reschedule my appointment for a later date.. see how that works out. Waiting on a call back.

Originally posted by ee78 View Post
                            No they do not. You have to do a minimum of 20 push-ups, 25 sit-ups, a side step test, the bench step test and lift and lower a box.

Not to be obtuse or anything. But if you can't do 25 sit-ups how are you gonna finish the five minute step test let alone run 1.5 miles before you leave and expect to make it in the academy?
                            I'm confident I can do the step test / run. Those don't primarily depend on my core strength. I've been gyming a lot with the elliptical / bicycle so I feel good about those tests.

Originally posted by castroman59 View Post
                            No one does not compensate for the other, they are both either pass or fail. Here's a tip for situps tho, works for me... Right before you start, take a deep breath and hold that breath while you knock out as many sit-ups as you can. Usually by the time I need to take another breath in, i'm past 25 sit-ups. Try this and see if it helps you.
                            lol, if they allow me to reschedule my appointment, I will definitely try this method at home first. I wouldn't want to pass out with the examiner at my feet!

Comment

lol, if they allow me to reschedule my appointment, I will definitely try this method at home first. I wouldn't want to pass out with the examiner at my feet!
                              That's what I meant, try it at home first, so you can see if you like it and get used to it.

Comment

• You'll do fine, do not stress Jasko. Just be yourself, REMEMBER TO BE CALM ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY DO YOUR EKG, or you might have to redo it like I did. No biggy if you have to.

Let us know how it goes. Good luck.
                                CBPO
                                CBP Officer:

USMS- Region 8
                                Info Session 9/2009
                                Interview 3/2010
                                COE 5/2010
                                Medical 5/2010
                                Fit/Background 7/2010
                                All clear as of 11/2010

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7655 users online. 446 members and 7209 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X