300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
    The number was PM'd to me today from a member, thanks for the insight though...
    no problem, if you could let me know if you hear anything different. I have green check marks going for about 2 weeks. thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by TopGunn View Post
      I specifically asked someone at TSU if I would be passed up on an offer with all green checks and not in "TSU". She told me they would not and could see Im cleared of all processes. Also I pm one of the recent "I got the call" guys.....and he got the call with one process showing pending and he was not in TSU.
      Did he/she tell you what type of pending it was? I can see pre-employment form, but I can't see it for BI pending. Thanks for your the info. though.
      Last edited by Khue; 04-26-2011, 03:40 PM.
      TO: 4/09/09
      Background: Met with BI on 6/18/09
      TSU: 6/11/09

Comment

• Originally posted by Khue View Post
        Did he/she tell you what type of pending it was? I can see pre-employment form, but I can't see it for BI pending. Thanks for your the info. though.
        Medical......more than likely it was cleared but they didnt update it in the system until they were gonna give that person his/her calll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ee78 View Post
          How long did it take the BI to finish your background?
          About a week start to finish. Including meeting me, interviewing friends, old jobs and finalizing all paperwork he had asked me to gather.
          Waiting...I would rather be snowboarding

Comment

Medical......more than likely it was cleared but they didnt update it in the system until they were gonna give that person his/her calll.
            Went through my PMs and realized you were referring to me. My background was the only step that had been pending for two weeks when I discovered through contacting MHC that my file had been sent to IA (security office) even though my file was not due to expire September 2011. CASS still showed my background to be pending when I received the call to EOD. My background went straight from pending to CASS saying "You have an EOD date of 4/11/11." CASS never had me back into TSU. Long story short, CASS is not up to date nor reliable and sometimes misses steps in between.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thoughtless View Post
              Went through my PMs and realized you were referring to me. My background was the only step that had been pending for two weeks when I discovered through contacting MHC that my file had been sent to IA (security office) even though my file was not due to expire September 2011. CASS still showed my background to be pending when I received the call to EOD. My background went straight from pending to CASS saying "You have an EOD date of 4/11/11." CASS never had me back into TSU. Long story short, CASS is not up to date nor reliable and sometimes misses steps in between.
              Thank you for the follow up. That's very good news to hear. Yeah, my background is not expired till June, but it is currently in pending.
              TO: 4/09/09
              Background: Met with BI on 6/18/09
              TSU: 6/11/09

Comment

• What does it mean when your background is in the "security office?"

Comment

• Would they DQ you if you disclosed that you had a medical issue (cardiovascular) but your medical exam, EKG to be specific turned out OK?
                  CBP Officer:
                  TO: 01/2009 (LAX/LGB)
                  EOD: 05/23/2011

Comment

• Dogz777.

I had to redo my ekg with my personal physician later on after my medical. They give you the ability to clear things up and do a follow up. And your doctor writes a report if you have to be on medicine for that condition, or need blah blah. So it will be okay.
                    CBPO
                    Exam: Retook exam: 11/2010
                    TO: 2/2011
                    Medical: 3/22/2011
                    PT Test: 3/22/2011
                    VBT: 3/2011
                    Background: 3/2011
                    Drug Test: 4/2011
                    Referred to TSU: 5/2011
                    PT Test 2: TBD
                    FLETC: Good Question lol
                    CBP Officer:

USMS- Region 8
                    Info Session 9/2009
                    Interview 3/2010
                    COE 5/2010
                    Medical 5/2010
                    Fit/Background 7/2010
                    All clear as of 11/2010
                    FCIP Over, all applicants scrapped. (GAME OVER) 3/2011 :'(

Comment

• vacation

I have a trip planned to South America this summer, bought tickets... want to go see Machu Picchu and Easter Island... I've been in TSU for over 2 years. With a possible hiring spree coming up this year... say I get a call... would CBP be open to letting me continue on with my trip and then starting upon my return?? Considering my life has been on hold essentially with this process for more than 2 years... I think it seems a little unfair to call someone up and expect them to drop everything and show up for an EOD a few days later. The office in MN has also told me to continue on with life as I normally would do and not to put anything on hold... so I planned my trip... on their advice... so what do you guys think???

Comment

no problem, if you could let me know if you hear anything different. I have green check marks going for about 2 weeks. thanks
                        I had green checks for about 2 months and nothing then my background went to pending then cleared about a month later. It also states im missing a form ive send it in lets see what happens.

Comment

• Its either you want it or not there's no hold on i wanna take a vacation.

Comment

• Gbeck what's your geo and how long is the vaca?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gbeck422 View Post
                              I have a trip planned to South America this summer, bought tickets... want to go see Machu Picchu and Easter Island... I've been in TSU for over 2 years. With a possible hiring spree coming up this year... say I get a call... would CBP be open to letting me continue on with my trip and then starting upon my return?? Considering my life has been on hold essentially with this process for more than 2 years... I think it seems a little unfair to call someone up and expect them to drop everything and show up for an EOD a few days later. The office in MN has also told me to continue on with life as I normally would do and not to put anything on hold... so I planned my trip... on their advice... so what do you guys think???
                              If you get offered the job and cannot accept, you will be dropped from further consideration. I believe only exception is if you are a military reservist currently deployed. Some one correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by BiggyWannaBGman View Post
                                http://cbp.gov/xp/cgov/careers/custo...r/cbp_officer/

situps, pushups, side step, lower lift

as many pushups and situps you can do in under a min. if you can do 20 for each, you'll be fine.

if you are in decent shape you'll be fine, i just had mine the other week.

wear shorts and sneakers.

I got my medical packet in the mail yesterday via Fedex. The packet indicated that I need to do a minimum of 20 pushups and 25 situps in under a minute. Pushups, I have no problem with. I can probably bust out a good 30 - 35 under a minute. Situps, on the other hand, have always been my weakness. I can probably get about 15 - 18 in under a minute. I was wondering if you get more pushups than situps, could they compensate for the other?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7879 users online. 429 members and 7450 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X