300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dubgirl2low View Post
    is the written test only valid for one year? if so would i be better off changing my location to the southwest border? and would i still be able to after the email was sent to change before the 20th of this month? my geo is MI
    You can change your geo at any time before they send you a TO, after that you'd have to wait for another open period with the geo location you want offered...
    Test scores can be extended for another year...
    Last edited by yoda; 04-23-2011, 03:17 PM.
    CBPO
    Written: 08/29/2007
    EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• For those who have had a second interview, what does the Investigator ask or need from you? and why do they conduct a 2nd interview?

Comment

• Originally posted by SDCBP View Post
        For those who have had a second interview, what does the Investigator ask or need from you? and why do they conduct a 2nd interview?
        It's the same as the first meeting with a BI... I figure the reason being that the 1st investigation expires, so they conduct a 2nd one.
        CBPO

Comment

• When were you notified of the change? I was told that I was to begin on the 5th. I'm already at the port waiting to head off to the academy. See you at FLETC.

Comment

• Originally posted by Daking0fqueens View Post
            Damn I never received any sort of electronic background investigation package.
            Neither did I. They did schedule me for the Medical (TB) and Fitness test.

Speaking of this, my appointment is on Thursday for those two tests. The testing center said they would Fedex me a package in the mail and I'm to bring that filled out with me to the appointment. I just wanted to know what the Fitness test consists of? The recording said I should dress in sneakers and gym shorts?

Comment

• http://cbp.gov/xp/cgov/careers/custo...r/cbp_officer/

situps, pushups, side step, lower lift

as many pushups and situps you can do in under a min. if you can do 20 for each, you'll be fine.

if you are in decent shape you'll be fine, i just had mine the other week.

wear shorts and sneakers.
              CBPO
              Exam: Retook exam: 11/2010
              TO: 2/2011
              Medical: 3/22/2011
              PT Test: 3/22/2011
              VBT: 3/2011
              Background: 3/2011
              Drug Test: 4/2011
              Referred to TSU: 5/2011
              PT Test 2: TBD
              FLETC: Good Question lol
              CBP Officer:

USMS- Region 8
              Info Session 9/2009
              Interview 3/2010
              COE 5/2010
              Medical 5/2010
              Fit/Background 7/2010
              All clear as of 11/2010
              FCIP Over, all applicants scrapped. (GAME OVER) 3/2011 :'(

Comment

• Originally posted by BiggyWannaBGman View Post
                http://cbp.gov/xp/cgov/careers/custo...r/cbp_officer/

situps, pushups, side step, lower lift

as many pushups and situps you can do in under a min. if you can do 20 for each, you'll be fine.

if you are in decent shape you'll be fine, i just had mine the other week.

wear shorts and sneakers.

Thank you for the quick reply!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jasko View Post

Speaking of this, my appointment is on Thursday for those two tests. The testing center said they would Fedex me a package in the mail and I'm to bring that filled out with me to the appointment. I just wanted to know what the Fitness test consists of? The recording said I should dress in sneakers and gym shorts?
                  When was your TO? Are you a recent tester? When did they call you to set up your appointment? I still haven't heard anything....

Your first PT test will consist of push ups, sit ups, lift lower test, and a side step test. Check out CBP.GOV and you can get further details as well as the score table there. You need to get 80 cumulative points but you can't get a zero on any aspect.... After that part the second part is the step test, 12 in, 120 beats per minute. I tried to find the narrated cbp fit test but I couldn't, so I found the border patrol one and I use the cadence on that one to practice....... I hope that helps; Good Luck!!

Comment

• BI just finished his 'work' on Friday. Hopefully hear something within the month. I chose San Diego as my GEO
                    Waiting...I would rather be snowboarding

Comment

• Originally posted by Jasko View Post

That's cool. I wasn't scheduled for those 2 tests but I just received an email with a TSL packet to file out and return. Looks like they are moving along one way or the other.

Comment

• Originally posted by dcsnoboard22 View Post
                        BI just finished his 'work' on Friday. Hopefully hear something within the month. I chose San Diego as my GEO
                        How long did it take the BI to finish your background?

Comment

• Originally posted by Beecy View Post
                          Grounsize - What is the location for your PFT2?
                          It is in Sterling Heights on April 27th at the Best Western Sterling Inn.

Comment

• Originally posted by delvalle242 View Post
                            When were you notified of the change? I was told that I was to begin on the 5th. I'm already at the port waiting to head off to the academy. See you at FLETC.
                            Delvalle were you live in PR? I'm also from PR.
                            CBPO
                            Exam: 12/2010
                            GEO: Texas West/N Mexico
                            NOR: Jan 2011
                            TO VRA: 3/2011 El Paso
                            TO: 4/2011 El Paso
                            Pre emp : Completed
                            Qualifications: Completed
                            PT Test: 4/2011 Completed
                            Drug Screening: not required
                            Medical: 4/2011 Completed
                            BI met w/ investigator 7/14 Completed 8/16
                            VBI: 08/12/2011 letter received 8/27 Passed
                            Change GEO,- Southeast 6/08
                            TSU 8/18/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Grounsize View Post
                              It is in Sterling Heights on April 27th at the Best Western Sterling Inn.
                              Thanks...that's decently close...let us know how it goes.

Comment

• Originally posted by ee78 View Post
                                How long did it take the BI to finish your background?
                                It takes an Investigator about a 1-2 weeks to complete a report. Once he's done it's up to IA to adjudicate it, and that could take anywhere from 1-6 months, depending on their work load and how complicated you BI is.

In reality the whole thing shouldn't take more than a month to complete, but we are but numbers, and we sit on their desks until they get to us. Mine took 2 BI's and almost 3.5 years (from Dec 2007 to April 2011), 2 adjudicators, and plenty of calls on my part for them to get it done...
                                This part of the process is a complete crap shoot, some get cleared without even meeting an investigator and others (like myself) take an eternity! There has been an additional step added to the BI, the Poly, and this should limit the amount of people getting "interim" clearances... Since theoretically they have to PASS it before they are cleared.

I hope this gives some insight to those of you just starting the process, never expect anything to go fast and smooth, especially during this final hurdle...
                                CBPO

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7839 users online. 372 members and 7467 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X