300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Grounsize View Post
    Just received my EOD date for Detroit. FLECTA May 19th -Sept 24th.

Paul
    Congrats ill see you sometime this summer at FLETC!
    CBPO
    Exam: Retook exam: 11/2010
    TO: 2/2011
    Medical: 3/22/2011
    PT Test: 3/22/2011
    VBT: 3/2011
    Background: 3/2011
    Drug Test: 4/2011
    Referred to TSU: 5/2011
    PT Test 2: TBD
    FLETC: Good Question lol
    CBP Officer:

USMS- Region 8
    Info Session 9/2009
    Interview 3/2010
    COE 5/2010
    Medical 5/2010
    Fit/Background 7/2010
    All clear as of 11/2010
    FCIP Over, all applicants scrapped. (GAME OVER) 3/2011 :'(

Comment

I tested in July of 2008. TO date was January 2009
      Congrats, I have to think that the rest of us Michiganders are right around the corner. My dates are: test in Mar 08, and TO in May 08.
      Written Test: 3/08
      NOR: 4/08
      TO: 4/08
      Medical: 4/08
      Fitness: 6/08
      VBT: 6/08
      Met with investigator: 10/08
      Received NOPA: 11/08
      Won appeal: 3/09
      TSU: 4/23/09 (Michigan) pulled in May for fitness
      New fitness: 7/28/09
      Back in TSU: 8/3/09

Comment

• I was wondering if it is worth it to get hired at a south west cali location just to get into the CBP. I live in Buffalo NY and have been trying to get hired for the last 2-3 years but they have hired like zero people. I was wondering what the typical transfer period would be if I got hired for a location in Cali just to get into the CBP. Do you think it would be better for me to wait out the hiring process and hope for some jobs to open up in Buffalo? Or am I better off taking a job down south and doing my time then transferring back? Also how long do you think I would have to work down south before I could transfer back to Buffalo. Any advice would be very helpful thank you very much.

Comment

I tested in July of 2008. TO date was January 2009
          Congrats!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by CMUnupe View Post
            Congrats, I have to think that the rest of us Michiganders are right around the corner. My dates are: test in Mar 08, and TO in May 08.
            Let's hope buddy. Mine is April 08 and TO June 08.

Comment

• Nick..

I would say 50/50 either way you go.. I think you'd wait just as long to get a transfer back to buffalo compared to just waiting until a position comes available at that port in order to get hired.

It could be anywhere from a couple years to getting back to.. if they have a hiring surge pretty quickly. I would say around 5 years to get back, I am estimating.

You could be waiting quite awhile for buffalo.. but a person in detroit was just hired, so you never know.

If you really want the job and want to get hired soon.. pick swb otherwise if you have buffalo it will be awhile.
              Last edited by BiggyWannaBGman; 04-19-2011, 08:26 PM.
              CBPO
              Exam: Retook exam: 11/2010
              TO: 2/2011
              Medical: 3/22/2011
              PT Test: 3/22/2011
              VBT: 3/2011
              Background: 3/2011
              Drug Test: 4/2011
              Referred to TSU: 5/2011
              PT Test 2: TBD
              FLETC: Good Question lol
              CBP Officer:

USMS- Region 8
              Info Session 9/2009
              Interview 3/2010
              COE 5/2010
              Medical 5/2010
              Fit/Background 7/2010
              All clear as of 11/2010
              FCIP Over, all applicants scrapped. (GAME OVER) 3/2011 :'(

Comment

• Originally posted by nms51 View Post
                Calexico, yes on the poly. time lime from what I remember:
                I had previously applied so I didnt have to take the VBT again
                Test 11/ 2008
                Medical/PFT- 4/2009
                background 5/ 2009
                TSU 10/2009
                polygraph 5/2010
                Medical 3/2011
                call 4/2011

then got tired of waiting, didnt check CASS for a while so I don't know how it all went from there.

CBPO's there were 6 of them, but there was BP as well. rate 1/6
                Thank you for the reply sir. I have sent you a pm.

Comment

• i thot your test results are only valid for one year? is that true

Comment

• I called a recruiter today and asked about transfering from the SWB back to Michigan if I changed my Geo. location. She advised me it would be very tough. Lookin at 5 years min. That took some wind out of my sails so I decided to gut it our and keep my geo location to Michigan.

So, sad story for everyone. In 2008 my background was done. They needed to see proof that my back was OK from a car crash. Sent them a resume and letter from my police chief that said I was fine, can do all the necessary duties. Sent it out. Didnt hear back for weeks. Got booted cuz they said they didnt get it. Passed the test again and waiting...patiently. But I heard some very good news today though about some potential hiring here in the midwest......

Comment

• Originally posted by dubgirl2low View Post
                      i thot your test results are only valid for one year? is that true
                      VBT is valid for 3 years

Comment

• It's my 2nd medical exam tomorrow and my T.O. date was January '09. I really hope that this is a positive sign since I've been waiting for 2 years (1st TSU date was April '09). Good luck to all. My geo is LAX/LB by the way.
                        CBP Officer:
                        TO: 01/2009 (LAX/LGB)
                        EOD: 05/23/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Rshen11 View Post
                          I never got the Email--Drug Test, Background Pre-employment Forms all expired like 3 months ago..
                          Everything recleared a week ago by its self this time.. I didnt have to send it anything..
                          So if you backround is expired.. they may be just updating it themselves.. you dont have to necessarily send anything in..
                          Hopefully this year.. i'll get picked up./.
                          I have the same situation: Drug test came back to pending on Feb this year and background was pending last month. Last week, the drug test and background went back to "COMPLETED" without doing or sending back anything. There were no e-mails received as well. The following day, my medical expired and a few hours later, I got a call to schedule my 2nd medical exam.

Anybody here have the same situation?
                          CBP Officer:
                          TO: 01/2009 (LAX/LGB)
                          EOD: 05/23/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by dogz777 View Post
                            I have the same situation: Drug test came back to pending on Feb this year and background was pending last month. Last week, the drug test and background went back to "COMPLETED" without doing or sending back anything. There were no e-mails received as well. The following day, my medical expired and a few hours later, I got a call to schedule my 2nd medical exam.

nope. my drug test is still pending and I haven't been contacted to update it. My med and background went pending recently and I redid those already.
                            CBPO
                            TO - 05/08 JFK
                            EOD - 12/05/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by dogz777 View Post

Same here.. although i didnt do my Second Medical yet..
                              CBPO
                              GEO - NY/JFK
                              TO - 01/29/09
                              TSU - 05/05/09

Background cleared on 6/10/09
                              Expired 6/10/11
                              Met with BI for second Bi 10/30/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by nick27galante View Post
                                I was wondering if it is worth it to get hired at a south west cali location just to get into the CBP. I live in Buffalo NY and have been trying to get hired for the last 2-3 years but they have hired like zero people. I was wondering what the typical transfer period would be if I got hired for a location in Cali just to get into the CBP. Do you think it would be better for me to wait out the hiring process and hope for some jobs to open up in Buffalo? Or am I better off taking a job down south and doing my time then transferring back? Also how long do you think I would have to work down south before I could transfer back to Buffalo. Any advice would be very helpful thank you very much.
                                Nick-

Make your decision with the mindset that you won't get a transfer. Not saying it doesn't happen, but it could be a long time. I've seen too many guys and girls take the job in a location that isn't where they want to go and be completely miserable. I've seen the opposite too, but more often than not they are unhappy.

If you don't mind laying down roots in Cali and spending a few years there, then it shouldn't be a problem. Just don't assume that you are guaranteed a transfer after a couple of years. If you absolutely want the job, it obviously would benefit you to pick a location where there is more of a need. Just think long and hard if you could be happy living there.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7253 users online. 387 members and 6866 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X