Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want LAX/LB!! Anyone want to trade if we see each other at FLETC? Heard you cash swap if both office approves!
    Cbpo:
    Exam date: 12/08
    TO: 01/09 NOR: 94
    Geo: SF/Oakland
    Med & Drug: 03/09 CLEAR
    VBT: 04/09 CLEAR
    Background: 05/09 CLEAR
    TSU: 06/09.......
    Bi: renewal 06/10 Clear
    Drug: CLEAR 04/11
    BACKGROUND: 03/11 CLEAR

Comment

• Originally posted by biggdawgdaddy View Post
      You are joking right? Jobs at the Port are decided by job bid, and a new guy will only see the airport on his way to and from FLETC. The SWB is far from the end of the world, as a matter of fact when you start on the bridges and make it there, inland ports know that you will work and can handle yourself.

If you want to work, go to El Paso, Laredo of Calexico and you will do more in your first week than a lot of Officers will do in a 20 year career. Or you can stay home and complain about how slow the process is. Your choice.
      Really? I started my career in an airport and spent the first 6 years of that career in an airport. Not surprisingly so did the rest of the officers that worked in that airport. OFO is not like the Border Patrol in that all officers must start at the southern land border. The current hiring situation is such that right now the southern border is getting the most attention. It will not stay this way forever. The airports loss officers too. At some point those officers will have to be replaced and it will not be done by the SWB ports transferring their officers. The DFO's of those field offices will never allow it.

FB

Comment

• Originally posted by Tvonline View Post
        I applied in nov 08 and tested in dec of 08 everything clear yet no call.... So sad!!!! I'm suffering from seeing all new agents come in and I'm a 5yr old contracted Employee still doing contract... Lots of ICE new hires. For the past months... As for me nothing from CBP.
        Woe is me too! Always the groomsmen, Never the groom.
        Le gra'sta De' a Theim.
        Galic: By The Grace Of God Go I.

Comment

• I just got the email too. So after 2+years in TSU now they want me to hurry up and get my stuff together. Like I'm holding the process up.

My TO is for northern NY. I'm still waiting for a TO for JFK after reapplying to the last announcement.

"Customs and Border Protection (CBP) is currently experiencing a significant hiring surge for your position through the coming months. Please submit all required paperwork, to include your electronic Background Investigation package, and schedule/attend all required appointments as soon as possible. Your prompt submission of paperwork and attendance at scheduled appointments is critical and will ensure your pre-employment processing is expedited."

Comment

Last edited by waitingny; 11-21-2011, 10:50 AM. Reason: deleted

Comment

• I never got the Email--Drug Test, Background Pre-employment Forms all expired like 3 months ago..
              Everything recleared a week ago by its self this time.. I didnt have to send it anything..
              So if you backround is expired.. they may be just updating it themselves.. you dont have to necessarily send anything in..
              Hopefully this year.. i'll get picked up./.
              CBPO
              GEO - NY/JFK
              TO - 01/29/09
              TSU - 05/05/09

Background cleared on 6/10/09
              Expired 6/10/11
              Met with BI for second Bi 10/30/2011

Comment

• I received the same email yesterday:
                Customs and Border Protection (CBP) is currently experiencing a significant hiring surge for your position through the coming months. Please submit all required paperwork, to include your electronic Background Investigation package, and schedule/attend all required appointments as soon as possible. Your prompt submission of paperwork and attendance at scheduled appointments is critical and will ensure your pre-employment processing is expedited
                I didn't receive any packet or anything in regards to a BI, but I called them and the man that answered said that I'll be receiving it shortly via email. I didn't provide him my name or anything and he was quick to dissmiss me, so I'm assuming it's a generic answer and they're aware of the email that went out.

Comment

• So MHC's "generic" answer to any and all inquiries is from the email sent out... and the expected surge is for the SWB, something that has been known to all of us for quite some time, as for the rest of us waiting for other ports... we just have to keep playing the waiting game.
                  CBPO
                  Written: 08/29/2007
                  EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                    There are 300 additional CBPOs to be hired under the 2012 budget. Maybe that's what you saw.

As far as hiring this year goes, I'd pay attention to what the hiring center is telling(or not telling) you.

If you get an email suggesting a location change to the SWB, then you're probably not going to see much hiring in your current location...at least not until those priority SWB slots are filled. Likewise, if you get an email telling of a hiring surge not limited to the SWB, be ready for one...in your location.
                    My bet is if MHC ask to change GEO and you really want the job, with my eyes close!!!. I wait three years to come on board and now I'm trying to jump to CBPO. GS-12 in four years give me some!!!where can you beat that?
                    lot of airports will not see increase and or replace of officers due to the budget expense with the journeyman increase to GS-12 in 2010 so the new budget will go to strengh the SWB
                    CBPO
                    Exam: 12/2010
                    GEO: Texas West/N Mexico
                    NOR: Jan 2011
                    TO VRA: 3/2011 El Paso
                    TO: 4/2011 El Paso
                    Pre emp : Completed
                    Qualifications: Completed
                    PT Test: 4/2011 Completed
                    Drug Screening: not required
                    Medical: 4/2011 Completed
                    BI met w/ investigator 7/14 Completed 8/16
                    VBI: 08/12/2011 letter received 8/27 Passed
                    Change GEO,- Southeast 6/08
                    TSU 8/18/2011

Comment

• Just received my EOD date for Detroit. FLECTA May 19th -Sept 24th.

Paul

Comment

• Anyone know the fax number to send in signature forms for the eqip?

Comment

• Originally posted by Grounsize View Post
                          Just received my EOD date for Detroit. FLECTA May 19th -Sept 24th.

Paul
                          Congrats!...
                          When did you test or TO date?
                          CBPO
                          Written: 08/29/2007
                          EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• congrats man.....non swb........get your processes up they bout to start calling peeps.......Im all green....lets go!

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                              Congrats!...
                              When did you test or TO date?
                              I tested in July of 2008. TO date was January 2009

Comment

• Originally posted by Grounsize View Post
                                Just received my EOD date for Detroit. FLECTA May 19th -Sept 24th.

Paul
                                BigFatCongrats. It's been a long time since anyone posted here that they were hired for Detroit.

Best of Luck To You!
                                Last edited by Thek9; 04-19-2011, 08:00 PM.
                                Le gra'sta De' a Theim.
                                Galic: By The Grace Of God Go I.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6227 users online. 237 members and 5990 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X