300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TopGunn View Post
    For you too who just got that email, is your background currently pending? Also did that email include e-qip or forms?
    My background went back to pending and I sent in the e-quip forms last week. E-mail only stated the above, no forms or attachments.
    Geo: Illinois
    Test Score: 94
    Quals: GS-7
    T.O.: 8/7/2007
    Referred to Schedule EOD

"Theirs not to make reply, Theirs not to reason why, Theirs but to do and die"

Comment

For you too who just got that email, is your background currently pending? Also did that email include e-qip or forms?
      I go the email too. And no one saw this coming. I don't think it is just for the SWB because every other statement issued by CBP has specifically stated that they were looking for people to go to the SWB and this one does not. It just says significant hiring. Plus there have been more than a few EODs on this board that were not for the SWB. Other ports need bodies too just not in the same number as the SWB.

The previous number for hiring for this FY was 300. Does significant mean more than that? I would like some clarification really. Because this email give me some hope for being hired this FY or at least early next FY. I would really like it if they would just have targeted those that actually have a chance because if I don't get hired soon MHC needs to stop messing with me. I've jumped through all of the hoops as required for about three years now.

"Please submit all required paperwork, to include your electronic Background Investigation package, and schedule/attend all required appointments as soon as possible"

Whats the point of that statement? Why wouldn't I or anyone else be doing that anyway.

Also as of last week my BI and preemployment forms are pending, however I received and email stating that they were received.
      My drug test has also been pending for over a month now with no call to schedule.
      CBPO
      TO - 05/08 JFK
      EOD - 12/05/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyHoyle View Post
        I got the same thing. When I read it, I thought to myself "Yeah, for the SWB". Oh well, maybe a few of will sneak in with the rest.
        Well you sig says you have a really old TO and you already have an EOD date so you should be good sometime soon anyway.
        What date did they give you for EOD?
        CBPO
        TO - 05/08 JFK
        EOD - 12/05/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by LIcoastie View Post
          The previous number for hiring for this FY was 300.
          Said who?

I'll go out on a limb and suggest that the actual number of new hires will be far closer to 1000 than 300.

I wouldn't put too much importance in what anybody says about hiring projections, including myself. One, I doubt most poeple have that much of a clue, to include a lot of people associated with hiring. Two, we're dealing with projections. Projections change on a whim.

Comment

for those following the "I got the call" posts, at what rate have they been running a class at fletc this year? Is it 1 per month?
            The last class began on 4/12 and the one for 4/26 was canceled due to the government shutdown scare. The next class has a date of 5/5. Word has it that those who were scheduled to attend the 4/26 class (34 of us) will be squeezed into the 5/5 class with the remaining room consisting of people who just got the call to EOD (such as nms51).

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
              Said who?

I'll go out on a limb and suggest that the actual number of new hires will be far closer to 1000 than 300.

I wouldn't put too much importance in what anybody says about hiring projections, including myself. One, I doubt most poeple have that much of a clue, to include a lot of people associated with hiring. Two, we're dealing with projections. Projections change on a whim.
              I dont remember if I saw it in a budget report, or an email, or just a rumor i read on here. I hope it is a lot more and it continues to next FY too. You are right I don't think anyone really knows whats going on. like I said in the post no one say this type of email coming.

The email just got me a little excited. But I am not as worried as a was a few moths ago. I have since started working and have a BOP medical scheduled for thursday so I can wait a while for CBP to come in I just hope its sooner than later.
              CBPO
              TO - 05/08 JFK
              EOD - 12/05/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by ee78 View Post
                I just received this email about 2 hours ago:

Customs and Border Protection (CBP) is currently experiencing a significant hiring surge for your position through the coming months. Please submit all required paperwork, to include your electronic Background Investigation package, and schedule/attend all required appointments as soon as possible. Your prompt submission of paperwork and attendance at scheduled appointments is critical and will ensure your pre-employment processing is expedited.

If you have questions regarding your Background Investigation EQIP submission, please contact us at (612) 467-7014.

All other questions can be directed to (612) 467-7010 (BPA) or (612) 467-7032 (CBPO).

Thank you.
                I Just received this email aswell, but I did not receive any electronic package to send back or anything? Anyone else received this email but gotten attachments to send back?
                Tested: 8/2008
                TO: 12/2008
                GEO: LAX/LB
                1st TSU: 3/5/09
                2nd Medical: 6/1/11
                Cleared 6/22/11
                2nd BI: met 7/14/11
                Cleared 9/29/11
                2nd TSU:
                Referred to Schedule EOD: 9/23/2011

The Call: 10/24/11
                EOD: 11/21/11 (LAX)
                Fletc: 12/30 - 5/7/12

PFT2: 11/4/11 (passed)
                Final EOD letter: 11/7/11

Comment

• no attachments on mine
                  CBPO
                  TO - 05/08 JFK
                  EOD - 12/05/2011

Comment

• I got the same email with no attachments. My background went to pending last week stating my background forms have not been received. I haven't received anything through email or mail besides the probation form that everyone received. I redid my medical and drug test about 3 weeks ago. N.O.R was 3/07. I have a T.O of 10/08 for Georgia. I hope this is good news for non swb people.
                    CBPO
                    Geo Pref:Georgia
                    NOR:3/07
                    T.O:10/08
                    1st TSU:6/09
                    2nd Fitness test:11/09
                    Credit pulled:4/10
                    2nd TSU:5/10
                    2nd Medical and 2nd drug test:3/11
                    2nd E-Quip and fingerprints:4/11
                    2nd Background Investigator:6/6/11
                    All green checks in Cass except background:in security office

Comment

• There are 300 additional CBPOs to be hired under the 2012 budget. Maybe that's what you saw.

As far as hiring this year goes, I'd pay attention to what the hiring center is telling(or not telling) you.

If you get an email suggesting a location change to the SWB, then you're probably not going to see much hiring in your current location...at least not until those priority SWB slots are filled. Likewise, if you get an email telling of a hiring surge not limited to the SWB, be ready for one...in your location.

Comment

• Yeah I didn't get the email asking if I wanted to switch, and I don't want to anyway. So ill see what unfolds in the next couple of months. I am not going to believe anything until I am at the port filling out paperwork.
                        CBPO
                        TO - 05/08 JFK
                        EOD - 12/05/2011

Comment

• All signs are pointing to hiring about to pick up at all locations. A lot of us with old T.O.s have had processes expire a while ago and not asked to update them in almost 2 years......that is because the hiring center seen all the money getting wasted for nothing ...knowing we were not going to fletc anytime soon. but now there is anticipated hiring not just swb so thats why people are being asked to update their processes.

Comment

All signs are pointing to hiring about to pick up at all locations. A lot of us with old T.O.s have had processes expire a while ago and not asked to update them in almost 2 years......that is because the hiring center seen all the money getting wasted for nothing ...knowing we were not going to fletc anytime soon. but now there is anticipated hiring not just swb so thats why people are being asked to update their processes.
                            Thats what I was thinking most of my stuff has been expired for a long time and there was no point in updating if there they didn't have a spot for me. That is until recently.
                            CBPO
                            TO - 05/08 JFK
                            EOD - 12/05/2011

Comment

• Calexico, yes on the poly. time lime from what I remember:
                              I had previously applied so I didnt have to take the VBT again
                              Test 11/ 2008
                              Medical/PFT- 4/2009
                              background 5/ 2009
                              TSU 10/2009
                              polygraph 5/2010
                              Medical 3/2011
                              call 4/2011

then got tired of waiting, didnt check CASS for a while so I don't know how it all went from there.

CBPO's there were 6 of them, but there was BP as well. rate 1/6

Comment

• I applied in nov 08 and tested in dec of 08 everything clear yet no call.... So sad!!!! I'm suffering from seeing all new agents come in and I'm a 5yr old contracted Employee still doing contract... Lots of ICE new hires. For the past months... As for me nothing from CBP.

Originally posted by nms51 View Post
                                Calexico, yes on the poly. time lime from what I remember:
                                I had previously applied so I didnt have to take the VBT again
                                Test 11/ 2008
                                Medical/PFT- 4/2009
                                background 5/ 2009
                                TSU 10/2009
                                polygraph 5/2010
                                Medical 3/2011
                                call 4/2011

then got tired of waiting, didnt check CASS for a while so I don't know how it all went from there.

CBPO's there were 6 of them, but there was BP as well. rate 1/6
                                Cbpo:
                                Exam date: 12/08
                                TO: 01/09 NOR: 94
                                Geo: SF/Oakland
                                Med & Drug: 03/09 CLEAR
                                VBT: 04/09 CLEAR
                                Background: 05/09 CLEAR
                                TSU: 06/09.......
                                Bi: renewal 06/10 Clear
                                Drug: CLEAR 04/11
                                BACKGROUND: 03/11 CLEAR

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4613 users online. 268 members and 4345 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X