300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Arewethereyet View Post
    For those of you who may be aware of how CBP works with military reservist folks, what if you deploy during the hiring process?

I am highly considering changing my Geo Location to the SW border, and if they do bump up the hiring process, I am scheduled to deploy sometime at the end of this year for 9-12 months. Does any know how this works or am I just going to have to accept the fact that I have to take my name out of the pool? Thanks!
    Before you deploy, you can contact MHC and they'll probably ask for a copy of your orders, with this they'll place you on "hold" until your return...
    CBPO
    Written: 08/29/2007
    EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
      Before you deploy, you can contact MHC and they'll probably ask for a copy of your orders, with this they'll place you on "hold" until your return...
      Thanks! Now, if you get hired, and sent to FLETC (highly unlikely in less than 6 months), but IF it happens, and I'm in the academy and I get deployed, I'm good to go and I just have to wait for the next academy after that right?

Comment

Thanks! Now, if you get hired, and sent to FLETC (highly unlikely in less than 6 months), but IF it happens, and I'm in the academy and I get deployed, I'm good to go and I just have to wait for the next academy after that right?
        whats your tentative offer date?

Comment

That would be a hard one to figure out... Most that have been to the academy and have had to drop, for one reason or another, have had to reapply and go through the steps again. Being that you're a reserve member, I would dare to gamble that your civilian "job" (at that point CBPO academy) would come first. You need to clarify this with your chain of command, but in my case, hardship with my civilian job would hold off my deployment.
          CBPO
          Written: 08/29/2007
          EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Thanks. southern cali. Well the order was simple but it can be complicated if you are not in shape. You start with the 220yd/200 meters, then you do the sit ups, then push ups and the last part is the 1.5 miles.They warm you up before doing anything. I had to drive to san diego to take the test.

Comment

• They are currently hiring for Andrade, Calexico, LAX, and L.A area

Comment

• Originally posted by msaid0625 View Post
                I don't have nothing yet. The only thing I got was my NOR and the latest email of choosing if I want to move or not. Are you kiding me? 2 or 3 years wait, wow, I might as well continue my education and get my masters. I'm hoping the economy starts to pick up and they make the process faster, you never know, some people are more fortunate than others. Are you a CBP Officer or waiting like the rest of us????
                I'm waiting for SFO myself. I've been waiting since 08/09 took a semester off after I got my clearance, after those six months I tell you, went straight back to school working on my masters. Had I not waited would have been finished. But anyways I learned to move on with my fingers crossed. Not looking back.
                Test: November 2008
                TO: 12/26/08
                Qualifications: 1/09/09-completed
                VBT 1/21/09-completed
                Medical - 1/22/09 - cleared 3/09
                Fitness - 1/22/09 - completed
                Drug test - 7/1/2009 completed
                BI - 6/22/2009 Met with Investigator
                TSU- Referred to Schedule 12/1/2009

Geographic Location- San Francisco/Oakland Airport

Comment

• Originally posted by nms51 View Post
                  They are currently hiring for Andrade, Calexico, LAX, and L.A area

Nms51, where were you hired at? Were you poloy'd, and can I see your timeline? I am a Calexico applicant, with a TO of 04/09

Also how many CBPO’s were at the pft2, and what was the fail rate?

Comment

• I just received this email about 2 hours ago:

Customs and Border Protection (CBP) is currently experiencing a significant hiring surge for your position through the coming months. Please submit all required paperwork, to include your electronic Background Investigation package, and schedule/attend all required appointments as soon as possible. Your prompt submission of paperwork and attendance at scheduled appointments is critical and will ensure your pre-employment processing is expedited.

If you have questions regarding your Background Investigation EQIP submission, please contact us at (612) 467-7014.

All other questions can be directed to (612) 467-7010 (BPA) or (612) 467-7032 (CBPO).

Thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by ee78 View Post
                      I just received this email about 2 hours ago:

Customs and Border Protection (CBP) is currently experiencing a significant hiring surge for your position through the coming months. Please submit all required paperwork, to include your electronic Background Investigation package, and schedule/attend all required appointments as soon as possible. Your prompt submission of paperwork and attendance at scheduled appointments is critical and will ensure your pre-employment processing is expedited.

If you have questions regarding your Background Investigation EQIP submission, please contact us at (612) 467-7014.

All other questions can be directed to (612) 467-7010 (BPA) or (612) 467-7032 (CBPO).

Thank you.
                      I got the same thing. When I read it, I thought to myself "Yeah, for the SWB". Oh well, maybe a few of will sneak in with the rest.
                      Geo: Illinois
                      Test Score: 94
                      Quals: GS-7
                      T.O.: 8/7/2007
                      Referred to Schedule EOD

"Theirs not to make reply, Theirs not to reason why, Theirs but to do and die"

Comment

• For you too who just got that email, is your background currently pending? Also did that email include e-qip or forms?

Comment

• Have any of you new testers with a TO of April 2011 had your medical and PT test scheduled yet? My CASS says that I have been assigned to an office and will be called with an appointment, but I haven't heard anything yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by BiggyWannaBGman View Post
                            williburns,

no way you are a Technician too!?!?! Maybe we'll be in the academy together!
                            Yes I work for CBP
                            CBPO
                            Exam: 12/2010
                            GEO: Texas West/N Mexico
                            NOR: Jan 2011
                            TO VRA: 3/2011 El Paso
                            TO: 4/2011 El Paso
                            Pre emp : Completed
                            Qualifications: Completed
                            PT Test: 4/2011 Completed
                            Drug Screening: not required
                            Medical: 4/2011 Completed
                            BI met w/ investigator 7/14 Completed 8/16
                            VBI: 08/12/2011 letter received 8/27 Passed
                            Change GEO,- Southeast 6/08
                            TSU 8/18/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by LIL_VET_WIFE View Post
                              Have any of you new testers with a TO of April 2011 had your medical and PT test scheduled yet? My CASS says that I have been assigned to an office and will be called with an appointment, but I haven't heard anything yet.
                              I did the medical and PT1 done in April2011
                              CBPO
                              Exam: 12/2010
                              GEO: Texas West/N Mexico
                              NOR: Jan 2011
                              TO VRA: 3/2011 El Paso
                              TO: 4/2011 El Paso
                              Pre emp : Completed
                              Qualifications: Completed
                              PT Test: 4/2011 Completed
                              Drug Screening: not required
                              Medical: 4/2011 Completed
                              BI met w/ investigator 7/14 Completed 8/16
                              VBI: 08/12/2011 letter received 8/27 Passed
                              Change GEO,- Southeast 6/08
                              TSU 8/18/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by msaid0625 View Post
                                You know, I got the samething too. They said I have to respond by Wednesday, but I think I'm just going to wait until SF/OAK starts hiring because you have to consider the level of danger that exists over there, just saying. I wonder if you could pick the location where you can work (e.g. the airport versus the entry port).
                                You are joking right? Jobs at the Port are decided by job bid, and a new guy will only see the airport on his way to and from FLETC. The SWB is far from the end of the world, as a matter of fact when you start on the bridges and make it there, inland ports know that you will work and can handle yourself.

If you want to work, go to El Paso, Laredo of Calexico and you will do more in your first week than a lot of Officers will do in a 20 year career. Or you can stay home and complain about how slow the process is. Your choice.
                                Life is what happens while you are waiting for something better to come along.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5630 users online. 230 members and 5400 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X