300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• williburns,

no way you are a Technician too!?!?! Maybe we'll be in the academy together!
    CBPO
    Exam: Retook exam: 11/2010
    TO: 2/2011
    Medical: 3/22/2011
    PT Test: 3/22/2011
    VBT: 3/2011
    Background: 3/2011
    Drug Test: 4/2011
    Referred to TSU: 5/2011
    PT Test 2: TBD
    FLETC: Good Question lol
    CBP Officer:

USMS- Region 8
    Info Session 9/2009
    Interview 3/2010
    COE 5/2010
    Medical 5/2010
    Fit/Background 7/2010
    All clear as of 11/2010
    FCIP Over, all applicants scrapped. (GAME OVER) 3/2011 :'(

Comment

• Hey msaid0625, congrads man.

do u work in sfo now?

yeah, im a single guy but some border town might not be for me either. But I'm gonna email them and ask them where I would be stationed. I read from an entry from 2006 i think saying he worked at a booth at the southern Cali border where thousands of cars come thru. Cars and illegals bum rush thru and officers get written up for chasing them down. 8hrs in a booth and they wont let him leave to free whilly. Also if you're getting assaulted some officers don't even rush to help you according to him. Just made me wonder...hmmmm? "Born in East LA...."
      CBP exam in SD 12/15/10
      NOR passed 1/25/11
      Changed GEO to SWB 6/25/11
      Fingerprint cards 11/12/11
      PFT1 12/15/11
      VBT/SI 1/26/12
      VBT/SI result eligible 1/31/12
      LASIK surgery 1/31/12
      Met BI investigator 3/13/12
      Qualifications cleared 5/11/12
      Drug test 7/18/12

Comment

• Sfdude

Yeah I currently work in the East Bay. I sent an email to the hiring center to see if I could choose to work in a specfic location rather than working at the point of entry. I would want to be placed in the airport instead or even the sea port, but the port of entry. I got a wife and a kid, so I'm not going to gamble.
        Originally posted by SFdude View Post
        Hey msaid0625, congrads man.

do u work in sfo now?

yeah, im a single guy but some border town might not be for me either. But I'm gonna email them and ask them where I would be stationed. I read from an entry from 2006 i think saying he worked at a booth at the southern Cali border where thousands of cars come thru. Cars and illegals bum rush thru and officers get written up for chasing them down. 8hrs in a booth and they wont let him leave to free whilly. Also if you're getting assaulted some officers don't even rush to help you according to him. Just made me wonder...hmmmm? "Born in East LA...."

Comment

• I don't have nothing yet. The only thing I got was my NOR and the latest email of choosing if I want to move or not. Are you kiding me? 2 or 3 years wait, wow, I might as well continue my education and get my masters. I'm hoping the economy starts to pick up and they make the process faster, you never know, some people are more fortunate than others. Are you a CBP Officer or waiting like the rest of us????
          Originally posted by TopGunn View Post
          Do you have a tentative offer yet?....if not a "call" is going to be a long time from now. There are people that are totally cleared of all processes waiting for a final job offer for your location. 2-3 year wait most likely. Stay positive

Comment

• I don't know the chances of being killed, but you're talking about the border. It's reckless over there. There's a previous post that said if you want a lot of "ACTION" then go to the SW border.
            Originally posted by Daking0fqueens View Post
            Too dangerous? What are your chances on being murdered?

Comment

• Originally posted by msaid0625 View Post
              I don't have nothing yet. The only thing I got was my NOR and the latest email of choosing if I want to move or not. Are you kiding me? 2 or 3 years wait, wow, I might as well continue my education and get my masters. I'm hoping the economy starts to pick up and they make the process faster, you never know, some people are more fortunate than others. Are you a CBP Officer or waiting like the rest of us????
              Im a former CBPO but back in process.

Comment

• Originally posted by msaid0625 View Post
                I don't have nothing yet. The only thing I got was my NOR and the latest email of choosing if I want to move or not. Are you kiding me? 2 or 3 years wait, wow, I might as well continue my education and get my masters. I'm hoping the economy starts to pick up and they make the process faster, you never know, some people are more fortunate than others. Are you a CBP Officer or waiting like the rest of us????
                Your previous post referring to "getting an offer" is what was wrong. You were given an "option" to change you GEO to have a better chance of being picked up "quicker"... but if you really want to see how long this process is, take a good look at my sig. I tested in 2007, and after 2 BI just recently cleared the last hurdle. This is by no means a "quick" process, the average time from testing to hire is 2-3 years, with the exception of the frenzy that happened in 07-08 where people where getting picked up in 3 months in some cases! There are a few actual CBPO's that post here, but the rest of us are all applicants playing the waiting game. Best advice I can give you is to live your life as if you never applied, if you get a TO then complete the steps as they come by, but by no means place anything else on hold...
                Best of Luck!
                CBPO
                Written: 08/29/2007
                EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Got the "call" last week, took the PFT2 this past friday... PASSED IT, orientation april 25th, Academy May 5th-Sep 9th

Comment

• nms51,

Congratulations. So no more cronic forum posting I guess for you. Just Kidding. Let us know how it goes.
                    Le gra'sta De' a Theim.
                    Galic: By The Grace Of God Go I.

Comment

• Originally posted by nms51 View Post
                      Got the "call" last week, took the PFT2 this past friday... PASSED IT, orientation april 25th, Academy May 5th-Sep 9th
                      Congrats! Are you going to the swb?
                      CBPO
                      Exam: Retook exam: 11/2010
                      TO: 2/2011
                      Medical: 3/22/2011
                      PT Test: 3/22/2011
                      VBT: 3/2011
                      Background: 3/2011
                      Drug Test: 4/2011
                      Referred to TSU: 5/2011
                      PT Test 2: TBD
                      FLETC: Good Question lol
                      CBP Officer:

USMS- Region 8
                      Info Session 9/2009
                      Interview 3/2010
                      COE 5/2010
                      Medical 5/2010
                      Fit/Background 7/2010
                      All clear as of 11/2010
                      FCIP Over, all applicants scrapped. (GAME OVER) 3/2011 :'(

Comment

• Congratulations. Can you please tell us more about about the PFT 2 ? In what order the tests were given ? And what was your experience ?

Comment

• for those following the "I got the call" posts, at what rate have they been running a class at fletc this year? Is it 1 per month?

Comment

• It has been at least a couple of years since that was a reality. CBP-OFO does have a reinstatement program if you were a CBPO before but it has become very restrictive in the past several years. It is not an automatic lateral transfer from BPA to CBPO anymore. This is because of the Title 19 requirements. Title 19 is not covered in any depth in the BPA academy. This may change in the future. There are some rumblings of a combined academy but the are many hurdles to overcome so I would say that is years away.

I too work for CBP and have for quite awhile. Long enough to know that what was going on last year may not be true next year.

FB

Comment

• Originally posted by LIL_VET_WIFE View Post
                              keep in mind Border patrol has no law enforcement authority in the state of tx.... they don't really work together here.
                              CBPO's are not local law enforcement. CBPO are Federal Law Enforcement officer's and have the same authority as BPA. In many places on the southern border including Texas CBPO's and BPA'a will work joint operations.

FB

Comment

• For those of you who may be aware of how CBP works with military reservist folks, what if you deploy during the hiring process?

I am highly considering changing my Geo Location to the SW border, and if they do bump up the hiring process, I am scheduled to deploy sometime at the end of this year for 9-12 months. Does any know how this works or am I just going to have to accept the fact that I have to take my name out of the pool? Thanks!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 14648 users online. 465 members and 14183 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X