300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kat01 View Post
    I tested in Dec 2010 and scored 93 without Vet points. My GEO is SW border. I am 26 and just got my second child. For people who know what I am talking about, it's really tough on me now. I can barely make 1 push up/Sit up. I am fine with running but I am not fit at all. I don't know how to work on this. I am trying everyday but I am afraid that I won't be ready if they call me now. What can I do if I f I get the offer and not ready? Please advice!Thanks in advance for your help

ok..... girl to girl you are going to have to step it up..... look on cbp.gov and get the fact sheets for the first fitness test. It is going to consist of pushups, situps, lift lower (50lbs), a side step step, and then the 5 min step test (12 in). You will get 1 min to do the pu and su and 10 sec for the side step, and you will need to do 8 lift lowers and they will time you (least amount of time gets more points). They have a score chart there, you need to accumulate 80 points to pass, but you cannot get a 0 on any aspect of the test. You need to practice these religiously. I couldn't find the narrated customs test but I use the border patrol one for the step test (the cadence is on there). Practice, practice, practice. Run through the test procedures once and then move on to twice a day. After you run through like you actually took it, practice on the things you need help on. For example me: pushups. I can run through the test and pass so at this point I'm just improving my overall fitness. Now don't think thats all you need to do. When you get comfortable start doing especially cardio and incorporate other workouts. The first fitness test is what's hard and once you get that passed you are good to go. But after you need to improve your OVERALL fitness. You cannot go to the academy and expect to get in shape there. They do not expect beginers there and as a female you will have a lot more to prove.

Comment

• I haven't heard of just transferring. I've seen agents transfer and they still went through the whole process and attended the academy. I know we transfer over and we don't lose our EOD date with government service, and all your benefits and stuff stay the same. So I honestly don't know anything as far as a lateral transfer would go.

Comment

• kat01,

Start out doing like 5 pushups and sit ups a day. And each day increase that amount. The same thing with the running.

Pace yourself and run/jog the furthest you can. Its not all about speed, its about distance. Then increase that distance every other week.

You'll get there, dont give up.
        CBPO
        Exam: Retook exam: 11/2010
        TO: 2/2011
        Medical: 3/22/2011
        PT Test: 3/22/2011
        VBT: 3/2011
        Background: 3/2011
        Drug Test: 4/2011
        Referred to TSU: 5/2011
        PT Test 2: TBD
        FLETC: Good Question lol
        CBP Officer:

USMS- Region 8
        Info Session 9/2009
        Interview 3/2010
        COE 5/2010
        Medical 5/2010
        Fit/Background 7/2010
        All clear as of 11/2010
        FCIP Over, all applicants scrapped. (GAME OVER) 3/2011 :'(

Comment

• You know, I got the samething too. They said I have to respond by Wednesday, but I think I'm just going to wait until SF/OAK starts hiring because you have to consider the level of danger that exists over there, just saying. I wonder if you could pick the location where you can work (e.g. the airport versus the entry port).
          Originally posted by SFdude View Post
          Hi first time poster from San Francisco. Passed the test in San Diego last fall got my NORS (1/25/11) and got a email today(4/16/11) from NHC DEU asking to change preference to southern location like Arizona, Texas Laredo...California Southwest Border. I initially put down San Francisco SFO as first choice.

My question to all of you guys is...since they have such a higher demand for officers, and it seems nobody wants to go down there, I was thinking maybe change my Geographical location to California Southwest, get in early then transfer back to SFO after couple years. Is this possible?? Does anybody recommend working down there? I applied for the customs officers position, so I'm wondering if this is a border patrol position as opposed to working customs at a port of entry?

12/10/10 San Diego tested
          1/25/11 Nors passed

Comment

• I applied for SF/OAK as well. I have been waiting for four months now and still nothing. I got an offer to go to the SW Border of CALI, but I'm not dragging my family all the way down there. Too dangerous, no thanks! I didn't score great, but I passed w/o veterans points. They sure do take a long time, but hopefully they start calling us from SF/OAK.
            Originally posted by Tvonline View Post
            I am SFO/OAK..

Comment

• Originally posted by msaid0625 View Post
              I applied for SF/OAK as well. I have been waiting for four months now and still nothing. I got an offer to go to the SW Border of CALI, but I'm not dragging my family all the way down there. Too dangerous, no thanks! I didn't score great, but I passed w/o veterans points. They sure do take a long time, but hopefully they start calling us from SF/OAK.
              Too dangerous? What are your chances on being murdered?

Comment

• Originally posted by Daking0fqueens View Post
                He mentioned "Family", nuff said.
                Le gra'sta De' a Theim.
                Galic: By The Grace Of God Go I.

Comment

• Originally posted by Daking0fqueens View Post
                  Its not just the actual place of employment you need to worry about. Some of these border cities literally are 5 feet from the river. There's a very high amount of theft and in some cities aliens are dangerous because they are desperate. They will break in or try to take your vehicles etc. Also border violence is getting bad and is starting to spill over into some cities. Don't forget like he mentioned "family" if this implies kids you need to think of the poor quality of schools they might attending. The commuting cities I live next to have big issues with many illegal children attending and the classrooms speaking in spanish etc, it has to do with states getting funding for esl.

Comment

• got a email to change my geo preference to SWB...I figured oh well and changed to Cali!
                    “I'm glad to hear that the Chief (of Police) is a personal friend of yours. So you know someone who can post your bail.”

Comment

• good luck. what part of Cali? Calexico?
                      CBPO
                      TO - 05/08 JFK
                      EOD - 12/05/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by msaid0625 View Post
                        I applied for SF/OAK as well. I have been waiting for four months now and still nothing. I got an offer to go to the SW Border of CALI, but I'm not dragging my family all the way down there. Too dangerous, no thanks! I didn't score great, but I passed w/o veterans points. They sure do take a long time, but hopefully they start calling us from SF/OAK.
                        Do you have a tentative offer yet?....if not a "call" is going to be a long time from now. There are people that are totally cleared of all processes waiting for a final job offer for your location. 2-3 year wait most likely. Stay positive

Comment

• As I recall, the last two CBPOs murdered were in Afghanistan and Queens, NY.

Comment

• thanks, I picked southern cali I think.
                            “I'm glad to hear that the Chief (of Police) is a personal friend of yours. So you know someone who can post your bail.”

Comment

• I took the CBPO test in Puerto Rico:
                              Test Dec 10
                              NOR-Jan 11 score 94 + 5 vet= 99 GEO TexasWest
                              TO/ PE VRA -Mar 11 El Paso
                              TO/PE- Apr 11 El Paso
                              Med/Fitness- Apr 11
                              As per prior replies, for 2012 Budget CBP plans to hire 300 CBPO's plus 250 that are supposed to get hire in 2011

Hopes are high!!!!!!!
                              CBPO
                              Exam: 12/2010
                              GEO: Texas West/N Mexico
                              NOR: Jan 2011
                              TO VRA: 3/2011 El Paso
                              TO: 4/2011 El Paso
                              Pre emp : Completed
                              Qualifications: Completed
                              PT Test: 4/2011 Completed
                              Drug Screening: not required
                              Medical: 4/2011 Completed
                              BI met w/ investigator 7/14 Completed 8/16
                              VBI: 08/12/2011 letter received 8/27 Passed
                              Change GEO,- Southeast 6/08
                              TSU 8/18/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by LIcoastie View Post
                                I do not work for CBP. A lateral transfer to me means no test, no academy just moving from one position to another. I am by no means an expert on CBP or BP but this would be the first I have heard of this type of arrangement. Until recently these were two completely separate agencies. I am sure i'll never be a BPA but I'd like to hear how that process would work.
                                There 's no lateral from BPA to CBPO, from BPA you can try for ICE
                                CBPO
                                Exam: 12/2010
                                GEO: Texas West/N Mexico
                                NOR: Jan 2011
                                TO VRA: 3/2011 El Paso
                                TO: 4/2011 El Paso
                                Pre emp : Completed
                                Qualifications: Completed
                                PT Test: 4/2011 Completed
                                Drug Screening: not required
                                Medical: 4/2011 Completed
                                BI met w/ investigator 7/14 Completed 8/16
                                VBI: 08/12/2011 letter received 8/27 Passed
                                Change GEO,- Southeast 6/08
                                TSU 8/18/2011

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12218 users online. 430 members and 11788 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X