X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thek9,Thanks for the advice.
    Originally posted by Thek9 View Post
    Kat01,

Start with walking at a brisk pace for 20 - 40 minutes every day. See your Doctor and discuss your desire and make sure you are physically A.O.K. Ask yourself do you really want this job.

Comment

• Thanks Yoda, I just got out of the Gym now. I will keep on working on them.

Comment

• Originally posted by kat01 View Post
        Thanks Yoda, I just got out of the Gym now. I will keep on working on them.
        Check out this site and program. http://hundredpushups.com/ I had my fiance use this to improve her pushups for her air force pt test.(she's also a current cbpo). They also have a program for sit ups. Try it out, it starts you off slow then builds you.

Comment

• Originally posted by BiggyWannaBGman View Post
          Yes there is a lateral transfer program from BPA to CBPO. I have seen it done. Contact your local HR contact if you are already employed by CBP. Merlin, can you chime in please?

I work for CBP!
          I do not work for CBP. A lateral transfer to me means no test, no academy just moving from one position to another. I am by no means an expert on CBP or BP but this would be the first I have heard of this type of arrangement. Until recently these were two completely separate agencies. I am sure i'll never be a BPA but I'd like to hear how that process would work.
          CBPO
          TO - 05/08 JFK
          EOD - 12/05/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by kat01 View Post
            Thanks Yoda, I just got out of the Gym now. I will keep on working on them.
            Also remember there is a 5 min step test on the PFT1. It is harder than it sounds and the beat is fast on to a 12in step.
            CBPO
            TO - 05/08 JFK
            EOD - 12/05/2011

Comment

• Posted by Merlin on **********

"Merlin
              02-01-09, 08:51 AM
              As was said...you'd have to up and apply like any outside hire.

PA's used to be able to move internally into the legacy II position, but that's an option that's been closed for years now.

Good luck."
              CBPO
              TO - 05/08 JFK
              EOD - 12/05/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by BiggyWannaBGman View Post
                Yes there is a lateral transfer program from BPA to CBPO. I have seen it done. Contact your local HR contact if you are already employed by CBP. Merlin, can you chime in please?

I work for CBP!
                Unless you know of something I'm unaware of, there's no current lateral transfers between BPA and CBPO...in either direction. The only exception I can think of off the top of my head would occur with someone who had previously graduated from a CBP/OFO academy. Even then, I'm not sure that's currently true. The last of the old CBPI classes ended in 2009. The current FOOBT classes are more in depth, expansive and run longer than the old course.

Now, if you're talking history...legacy PAs could move in and out of legacy II positions with little effort and no additional academy. The same was not true of II moving to Border Patrol.

Really, the way both current academies are set up, I don't see how they could currently have any BP laterals. BPAs learn very little customs-wise and their immigration is more focused toward criminal enforcement rather than toward the administrative end. Which isn't to say that I don't think a PA could not learn the job, hell, ex-PAs usually excel at certain parts of the job....only that he'd need crossing training to become proficient with the customs work and some other aspects of the job.

Comment

• Couch to 5K run plan...good for those who need to start running.

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

Prebuds fitness program from Honorfirst...get yourself to where you can handle their schedule II training and you should have little problem with the fitness program at FLETC.

http://www.honorfirst.com/prebuds.htm

I like couch to 5K.

Personally, I hate running...especially for distance. I'm also not good at motivating myself to run daily, weekly or even over the course of several months. What I end up doing is running the couch to 5K program every year or so, or whenever I feel I need it. In eight weeks or so I'm back to running 5K, which I keep it up with as long as I can.

Comment

• Graduated cbpi back in 08. There was a guy who came from bpa, he had to go through the process just like everyone else.

Comment

• Wow lucky you! Did you get a tentative offer yet? I applied for SFO/OAK and they couldn't change me because I was offered a position. Like many others I'm waiting for a FLETC call, desperately trying to get in. Go for it and hope you the best! I want LAX/LB

Originally posted by SFdude View Post
                      Hi first time poster from San Francisco. Passed the test in San Diego last fall got my NORS (1/25/11) and got a email today(4/16/11) from NHC DEU asking to change preference to southern location like Arizona, Texas Laredo...California Southwest Border. I initially put down San Francisco SFO as first choice.

My question to all of you guys is...since they have such a higher demand for officers, and it seems nobody wants to go down there, I was thinking maybe change my Geographical location to California Southwest, get in early then transfer back to SFO after couple years. Is this possible?? Does anybody recommend working down there? I applied for the customs officers position, so I'm wondering if this is a border patrol position as opposed to working customs at a port of entry?

12/10/10 San Diego tested
                      1/25/11 Nors passed
                      Cbpo:
                      Exam date: 12/08
                      TO: 01/09 NOR: 94
                      Geo: SF/Oakland
                      Med & Drug: 03/09 CLEAR
                      VBT: 04/09 CLEAR
                      Background: 05/09 CLEAR
                      TSU: 06/09.......
                      Bi: renewal 06/10 Clear
                      Drug: CLEAR 04/11
                      BACKGROUND: 03/11 CLEAR

Comment

• Question, what is DEU?
                        Cbpo:
                        Exam date: 12/08
                        TO: 01/09 NOR: 94
                        Geo: SF/Oakland
                        Med & Drug: 03/09 CLEAR
                        VBT: 04/09 CLEAR
                        Background: 05/09 CLEAR
                        TSU: 06/09.......
                        Bi: renewal 06/10 Clear
                        Drug: CLEAR 04/11
                        BACKGROUND: 03/11 CLEAR

Comment

• Originally posted by Beecy View Post
                          Background went back to completed today in CASS. The only thing I did since it went back to pending is redo my medical and pass. Medical and DT still pending though...
                          Weird. Now my background is pending again but my DT is complete. I didn't even retake the DT yet!!

Comment

• There's a gentleman in my pre-academy class who came over from BP. He has to go through the same exact training like the rest of us.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tvonline View Post
                              Question, what is DEU?

Delegated Examining Unit.

The people who deal with pre-TO issues like test scores, location preferences, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by jfire13 View Post
                                Well after 3 years of waiting I was finally offered a job in Blaine, WA with a start date of April 25th, then back to Georgia for the class starting on May 5th. I still have to go to South Carolina to take the PFT2 but I do not see that being a big problem. Long drive bust shouldn't be anything that I am not use too. I normally wouldn't have posted but I want everyone to know that hiring is happening and not to get discouraged.

I was offered Port Roberts or Blaine so for you folks waiting on Washington Northern Border a call may be coming your way.
                                Any word if your academy date of May 5 is set in stone? Those of us who EOD'd on April 11 have had our academy date go from "it's definitely on April 26" to "it's been changed to May 5" back to April 26 and now currently "your class has been canceled and we don't know when it is." This confusion has to have some sort of scheduling conflict with those set to EOD right after us. Until the FLETC scheduling staff gets this sorted, we have no academy date and are just standing by.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11907 users online. 450 members and 11457 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X