Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LIL_VET_WIFE View Post
    Hey all,

K I tested in Dec 2010, April 2011 TO (got a 98) no vet points. My background and drug test are cleared on CASS. (My hubby is the exact same thing, except hes a vet and he got a 110)
    My guess is that you had most steps cleared for BPA prior to taking the test for CBPO, in any case you should be up for BPA quicker than for CBPO. Even though there is some hiring going on in the SWB, there are way fewer spots than there would be for BPA, not to mention you just received your TO this month.

Best of Luck!
    CBPO
    Written: 08/29/2007
    EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by 2g2gn View Post
      Typically how long does a "second" BI takes???
      It really shouldn't take that long. After the investigator sends everything in, it takes an adjudicator a few days to write it up and submit it, of course it will depend on any complexities they might run into... That being said, our files are on a pile until someone gets to it, simple as that.
      I should add that according to the Sup I spoke with in IA, POLY's are the next step after a BI, so those that haven't done it... it's coming!
      CBPO

Comment

• 2012 budget

would this be a good sign for them to start hiring again?
        http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/defa...s/homeland.pdf
        Customs and Border Protection: is getting 10,380( in millions of dollars) for 2012 budget
        Tested: 8/2008
        TO: 12/2008
        GEO: LAX/LB
        1st TSU: 3/5/09
        2nd Medical: 6/1/11
        Cleared 6/22/11
        2nd BI: met 7/14/11
        Cleared 9/29/11
        2nd TSU:
        Referred to Schedule EOD: 9/23/2011

The Call: 10/24/11
        EOD: 11/21/11 (LAX)
        Fletc: 12/30 - 5/7/12

PFT2: 11/4/11 (passed)
        Final EOD letter: 11/7/11

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
          My guess is that you had most steps cleared for BPA prior to taking the test for CBPO, in any case you should be up for BPA quicker than for CBPO. Even though there is some hiring going on in the SWB, there are way fewer spots than there would be for BPA, not to mention you just received your TO this month.

Best of Luck!
          I'm already with bp, and I just had two co-workers take off, they got their TO in Nov 10 and left in April. BUT, this was for southwest tx.... My other co-workers that took the test with me put in for south tx and they haven't gotten anything. I don't know if its because of their score or they haven't reached TX yet, though............

Comment

• Congrats Yoda. Way to hang in there. Silly question but.......are you going to take the job?

Comment

I was 32 when I tested in 2007... Never imagined it would take this long, that I would be nearing my cut off age limit, by the time I had passed all steps!
              I fall under expert status on this subject. Your T.O. was prior to July 2008, thus you are "Grandfathered" under your announcement. If they don't wipe the register clean you could be theoretically hired 10 years from now, you cannot age out. Of course I hope we are at our POE's looong before that.

Thek9,
              Le gra'sta De' a Theim.
              Galic: By The Grace Of God Go I.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thek9 View Post
                I fall under expert status on this subject. Your T.O. was prior to July 2008, thus you are "Grandfathered" under your announcement. If they don't wipe the register clean you could be theoretically hired 10 years from now, you cannot age out. Of course I hope we are at our POE's looong before that.

Thek9,
                Well,
                My 1st TO was from 2007, and that was cancelled when I went for the geo change in 2008 and I got the new TO in Dec 2008... So, I would guess that the age cap would affect me since the 1st one was taken off... I think I still have the 2007 TO in my papers if that helps my case, but with my luck... Who knows!
                CBPO

Comment

Well,
                  My 1st TO was from 2007, and that was cancelled when I went for the geo change in 2008 and I got the new TO in Dec 2008... So, I would guess that the age cap would affect me since the 1st one was taken off... I think I still have the 2007 TO in my papers if that helps my case, but with my luck... Who knows!

Comment

• Hello all,

I am new here. I tested in Dec 2010 and scored only 84%. My GEO is Illinois. I am thinking to change my GEO to SW border (Texas, Arizona). Please advice where is most likely to hire me faster. I will be 37 in 3 years. Thanks in advance for your help

Comment

• Originally posted by garymc View Post
                      Hello all,

I am new here. I tested in Dec 2010 and scored only 84%. My GEO is Illinois. I am thinking to change my GEO to SW border (Texas, Arizona). Please advice where is most likely to hire me faster. I will be 37 in 3 years. Thanks in advance for your help
                      Your best bet is to change your GEO to the SWB, and expect the process to take at least 2 years if not longer... but it will all depend on when you receive your TO.
                      CBPO

Comment

• Originally posted by garymc View Post
                        Hello all,

West Texas is sending out TOs more than any other state. FYI.

Comment

• Anyone else get this email.

We are writing to you in reference to your geographic location for the position of Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Officer position, GS-1895-5/7 with U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP). According to our records you recently took and passed the CBP Officer written examination and are currently waiting for consideration for a CBP Officer position.

Due to a critical need to fill CBP Officer positions along the southwest border of the United States, we are inviting applicants to change their current geographic location to one of the following locations:

203- Arizona

265-Texas-Laredo

266-Texas-All Other Southwest Border Locations

267-Texas- West/New Mexico

270-California-Calexico/Andrade

271-California-Southwest Border

CBP anticipates filling approximately 500 positions along the southwest border, therefore, opportunities for tentative selection consideration are expected to be higher in one of these geographic locations.

P.S. Congrats Yoda, sheesh finally!

Comment

• yes i just got it too
                            where would be the best location to work at??? and why?

Originally posted by imlikeaninja View Post
                            Anyone else get this email.

We are writing to you in reference to your geographic location for the position of Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Officer position, GS-1895-5/7 with U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP). According to our records you recently took and passed the CBP Officer written examination and are currently waiting for consideration for a CBP Officer position.

Due to a critical need to fill CBP Officer positions along the southwest border of the United States, we are inviting applicants to change their current geographic location to one of the following locations:

203- Arizona

265-Texas-Laredo

CBP anticipates filling approximately 500 positions along the southwest border, therefore, opportunities for tentative selection consideration are expected to be higher in one of these geographic locations.

P.S. Congrats Yoda, sheesh finally!

Comment

• hey can u please tell me where would be the next location, and why??

203- Arizona

265-Texas-Laredo

Originally posted by Daking0fqueens View Post
                              West Texas is sending out TOs more than any other state. FYI.

Comment

• hey can u please tell me where would be the next location, and why??

203- Arizona

265-Texas-Laredo

Originally posted by garymc View Post
                                Hello all,

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9304 users online. 321 members and 8983 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X