Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello I took my test in Dec also. I scored a 100%. I also put in for western Florida. I have not heard anything yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by ten30code01 View Post
      Hello I took my test in Dec also. I scored a 100%. I also put in for western Florida. I have not heard anything yet.
      thats because hiring is slow right now......and there are hundreds of cleared candidates just waiting for the final call once funding for you location is available. Expect to wait for a few years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Daking0fqueens View Post
        I selected west Texas/new Mexico for my geo. What city/town are the most likely to assign me to?
        For most people, El Paso.

In your case, with your admitted past extensive use of cocaine and marihuana within the last 10 years, I doubt you'll get far enough along in the process to see an offer of an assigned port.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
          For most people, El Paso.

In your case, with your admitted past extensive use of cocaine and marihuana within the last 10 years, I doubt you'll get far enough along in the process to see an offer of an assigned port.
          wow!

Comment

• double post.
            Last edited by merlin436; 04-11-2011, 07:16 PM. Reason: double post

Comment

• Originally posted by TopGunn View Post
              wow!
              From the PA thread...

Originally posted by Daking0fqueens View Post
              Will I be automatically disqualified from employment if I admit to using marijuana and cocaine when I was younger?
              I did it like 5 times in high school. I just took about 3-4 lines each time I did it.
              And I did it about 6 times after high school. I currently work for TSA and admitted to doing drugs and they still hired me after 2 drug tests of course.
              I was wondering if this was the same with CBP. People learn and change as they grow and I don't think one's immature actions should deter them from achieving a great career.
              I'd say marijuana has more of an immediate and short term effect compared to cocaine. I did that over 50 times as a kid (7-8 years ago). So now I should start looking for another career?

Comment

• Originally posted by TopGunn View Post
                wow!
                Wow indeed! The word "cocaine" seems to be more serious by itself...
                TO: 4/09/09
                Background: Met with BI on 6/18/09
                TSU: 6/11/09

Comment

• As soon as the Feds start focusing on the rampant influx of Canadians through Detroit, I'll be all set!

Comment

• Holy crap 50 times!? well there is probably more than a few CBPOs and other law enforcement personnel that have been able to just flat out lie about past indiscretions, drugs or otherwise and still get on the job.

On another note I just completed the e85 eqip forms online and it seemed shorter that the initial forms I did several years ago. I remember there being a long list of questions about ... were you ever in some organization that was against the government... or something along those lines. I didn't see any of those questions at the end. Maybe because it was an update?
                    CBPO
                    TO - 05/08 JFK
                    EOD - 12/05/2011

Comment

• Wow... I cant imagine what he'll go through with the poly exam..
                      TSU - 8/28/09
                      TO - 3/2009
                      On the job

Comment

• Originally posted by Khue View Post
                        Wow indeed! The word "cocaine" seems to be more serious by itself...
                        Not as serious as methamphetamine.

Comment

Last edited by waitingny; 11-21-2011, 10:50 AM. Reason: deleted

Comment

• Originally posted by Tvonline View Post
                            As a follow up to the e-mail we sent on February 22, 2011, the hiring
                            authority we used to fill the Customs and Border Protection Officer (CBPO), the
                            Federal Career Intern Program (FCIP) as been abolished. Now the CBPO will be
                            hired under the competitive process and required to service a one-year
                            probationary period rather than the two-year probationary period previous
                            required under the FCIP.*
                            Attached is a Probationary Period Agreement, which replaces the FCIP
                            Agreement you previously completed. Please review, sign and date the form.
                            The Minneapolis
                            HiringCenter
                            is committed to protecting your personally identifiable information (PII);
                            therefore, we suggest that you return the form via fax (using the attached
                            coversheet) at (612) 725-1720; or regular mail postmarked by March 21, 2011.
                            Our mailing address is:
                            U.S. Customs and Border Protection
                            Minneapolis Hiring Center
                            Attention: OFO - Entry
                            level CBPO Unit
                            Federal Building, 1 Federal Drive, Room 400
                            Fort
                            Snelling,
                            MN 55111-4054
                            If your form is not returned directly to the MinneapolisHiring Center
                            by the deadline given, we will assume you are no longer interested in the
                            position and your offer will be withdrawn without further notice.
                            We appreciate your continued interest in employment
                            with U. S. Customs and Border Protection.
                            Hey Guys!
                            I just received the email with the probationary form to fill out. I am missing the fax "coversheet" in my email. Does any of you still has the coversheet you can email me? I emailed MHC, but I know you guys reply faster than they do. PM me if you do and I will give you my email address. Thanks!

Comment

Last edited by sr20; 04-12-2011, 01:00 PM.
                              TSU - 8/28/09
                              TO - 3/2009
                              On the job

Comment

• Originally posted by sr20 View Post
                                Khue,

i sent you a pm.
                                Thanks again!
                                Last edited by Khue; 04-12-2011, 01:16 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4926 users online. 202 members and 4724 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X