300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Thoughtless View Post
    I understand your optimism and don't fault you for it. But it's a hard pill to swallow considering I will be already leaving my pregnant wife alone for five months at the academy with a good possibility of missing our first child's birth. This gap in unemployment will have an affect on our prenatal health care for as long as the budget is in limbo now that I am no longer working. I understand this is just another small hurdle in the process. A hurdle which may have dire consequences toward my family's livelihood.
    We have a guy in our class right now that has a wife that is 8 months pregnant right now. He will definitely miss his wife's childbirth. The academy will only be 4 months long (16 weeks if i'm not mistaken), so maybe you will miss it, or maybe you won't- but you took the job knowing the length of the academy before the budget issue came rolling in.

Also, regarding the budget. I'm no fortune-teller, but I can tell you with certainty that they won't sit on this too long. If it doesn't pass tomorrow, or at least get extended- it was most likely get passed within a week or two. If it doesn't pass soon after Friday, the financial institutions (stock market) will lose faith in the government and the state of the economy- and they'll have a bigger problems on their hand.

It's a lot you have to deal with right now, but stressing over things out of your control will not help the matter.

Comment

• CHeck out this news link: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42061290..._news-americas
      It's a shame some people sacrifice this job for $10,000

Comment

• I didn't do a thing. I left a message to the internal affairs office and waited for about 2 weeks. MHC got tired of my emails and phone calls so I just stop contacting them.. From 08-now I have done a full BI, then 09 did that whole credit check which cleared me again.
        Then in 2010 around oct, I just contacted IA. And this time I called again to IA. Only thing pending is my drug test.
        Originally posted by Thek9 View Post
        Originally Posted by Tvonline
        Background back from pending yay! 3 years of waiting.3 times being cleared and counting... Put me back in TSU! EOD me already!

Tvonline, Did you have a 3rd full B.I.???
        Cbpo:
        Exam date: 12/08
        TO: 01/09 NOR: 94
        Geo: SF/Oakland
        Med & Drug: 03/09 CLEAR
        VBT: 04/09 CLEAR
        Background: 05/09 CLEAR
        TSU: 06/09.......
        Bi: renewal 06/10 Clear
        Drug: CLEAR 04/11
        BACKGROUND: 03/11 CLEAR

Comment

• When you someday get on board with CBP, you will see a whole lot of people pending charges due to some illegal activity with CBPO. They have this thing on the internet. I forget what its called but its like a wall of shame. All cbp officers who violated their integrity and trust to the agency. It as shows their charges and their crime committed. Such a sad thing! Veteran cbpos getting busted!
          Originally posted by urdoc88 View Post
          CHeck out this news link: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42061290..._news-americas
          It's a shame some people sacrifice this job for $10,000
          Cbpo:

Comment

• Originally posted by Tvonline View Post
            When you someday get on board with CBP, you will see a whole lot of people pending charges due to some illegal activity with CBPO. They have this thing on the internet. I forget what its called but its like a wall of shame. All cbp officers who violated their integrity and trust to the agency. It as shows their charges and their crime committed. Such a sad thing! Veteran cbpos getting busted!
            The 'wall of shame' lists criminal activity agency-wide. Many of those making the 'wall' were employed in positions other than a CBPO.

Comment

• There are cartels working for CBP.

Comment

• Tvonline, what's taking you so long to start training? What's your geo?

Comment

• Originally posted by Daking0fqueens View Post
                  There are cartels working for CBP.
                  Huh?

Care to explain?

Comment

• They pay native born americans to apply to CBP to aid them in their dirty work.
                    Its pretty obvious.

Comment

• background investigation

Hey guys,
                      About a month ago my BI went from completed to pending with: "Your case is in the security office."
                      So from the security office its still pending and now it says:
                      "We have not received the background investigation documentation which is required to begin your investigation."
                      I was wondering if anyone knew what this ment as far as the process coming along?
                      Are they refreshing my BI becuase it probably is expiring soon? Are they doing a credit check again? Will I have to start the BI process over again and meet with the investigator ?
                      Anyone have any idea?

Thanks
                      Tested: 8/2008
                      TO: 12/2008
                      GEO: LAX/LB
                      1st TSU: 3/5/09
                      2nd Medical: 6/1/11
                      Cleared 6/22/11
                      2nd BI: met 7/14/11
                      Cleared 9/29/11
                      2nd TSU:
                      Referred to Schedule EOD: 9/23/2011

The Call: 10/24/11
                      EOD: 11/21/11 (LAX)
                      Fletc: 12/30 - 5/7/12

PFT2: 11/4/11 (passed)
                      Final EOD letter: 11/7/11

Comment

• They've probably sent you out the e-quip docs.
                        CBPO
                        GEO - NY/JFK
                        TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
                        PE Forms - Completed
                        Fitness - Completed
                        VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                        Drug Screen - Completed
                        Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                        B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                        Medical - 05/09 - Completed
                        TSU

EOD: ???
                        FLETC: ???

Comment

• Hey guys,
                          About a month ago my BI went from completed to pending with: "Your case is in the security office."
                          So from the security office its still pending and now it says:
                          "We have not received the background investigation documentation which is required to begin your investigation."
                          I was wondering if anyone knew what this ment as far as the process coming along?
                          Are they refreshing my BI becuase it probably is expiring soon? Are they doing a credit check again? Will I have to start the BI process over again and meet with the investigator ?
                          Anyone have any idea?

Thanks

It likely means your background expired and you will get those forms to fill out again. I had to re-do those forms back in October & I just got called for my 2nd background interview. I would anticipate meeting with another investigator but it's not a guarantee. I've heard of others just filling out credit update forms, some like myself had to fill out everything again, some got polygraphed & met with another investigator, some just met with an investigator, some didn't meet with one. Well.......I think you get what I'm saying.

Comment

• Originally posted by rbakous1 View Post
                            Thanks, at least they are looking at my application again, I guess thats a good sign. haha

It likely means your background expired and you will get those forms to fill out again. I had to re-do those forms back in October & I just got called for my 2nd background interview. I would anticipate meeting with another investigator but it's not a guarantee. I've heard of others just filling out credit update forms, some like myself had to fill out everything again, some got polygraphed & met with another investigator, some just met with an investigator, some didn't meet with one. Well.......I think you get what I'm saying.
                            Cleared 6/22/11
                            Cleared 9/29/11
                            2nd TSU:

Comment

• ^^
                              Thanks, at least they are looking at my application again, I guess thats a good sign. haha
                              Cleared 6/22/11
                              Cleared 9/29/11
                              2nd TSU:

Comment

• No budget and my geo is for california. They are hiring south west border at the moment. Still waiting for budget to get funded.. I'm not the only one waiting. 08 dec testers were also held back due to the FCIP lawsuit which no longer affects us which is a good thing. Come on TSU! Pick me up already!
                                Originally posted by Daking0fqueens View Post
                                Tvonline, what's taking you so long to start training? What's your geo?
                                Cbpo:

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5819 users online. 256 members and 5563 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X