Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shawal16
    Forum Member
    • Mar 2008

Has anyone that received a TO in May 08, had their background investigation initiated? Whether they contact you, your friends or pulled your credit... I am just curious.

Comment

• jbsm1013
      Forum Member
      • Mar 2008

I received a TO in late April and met with a BI a week ago. My local references have already been interviewed; however, I've lived in different regions of the country over the course of the past ten years, which I suspect will delay the investigation.

Comment

• barnaj
        Forum Member
        • Jan 2007

Originally posted by shawal16
        Has anyone that received a TO in May 08, had their background investigation initiated? Whether they contact you, your friends or pulled your credit... I am just curious.
        You can use your yearly free credit report to check your credit and see if its been pulled by the govt. That would give you a clear idea that it's been started at least

Comment

• jwm0516
          CBPO
          • Jul 2006

Which things are correlary for the BPA that you do for CBPO? I've completed all of the steps except the BI for CBPO so I was thinking of putting another iron in the fire.

Comment

• gms632
            Forum Member
            • May 2008

Originally posted by shawal16
            To the best of my knowledge my BI has not started yet. I got my Tenative Offer 5/19.

Comment

• audi0xpl0de
              Forum Member
              • Jan 2002

I know this is a little off-topic so if you want to pm me if you have details I'd appreciate it. I was wondering what the hiring procedure is for the management and program analyst positions with CBP? How often are these positions filled? I just got a NOR with a 97 rating for the grade 11, so it's definitely something I'd consider.

Comment

• shawal16
                Forum Member
                • Mar 2008

Nevermind...
                Last edited by shawal16; 07-03-2008, 06:03 PM.

Comment

• yoda
                  2LT ARNG
                  • Jun 2008

Bi

shawal16:

When ever you log on to CASS, and on your BI it says " Your case is in the security office" ... That's when you'll know your process has begun.

BTW,
                  You'll love seeing those words over and over for months...
                  CBPO
                  Written: 08/29/2007
                  EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• merlin436
                    Forum Member
                    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by jwm0516
                    Which things are correlary for the BPA that you do for CBPO? I've completed all of the steps except the BI for CBPO so I was thinking of putting another iron in the fire.

The BI, physical and drug test are interchangeable between the two positions. They'll carry over in either direction. The exam, interview, and fitness test are different...they won't carry over.

Comment

• jwm0516
                      CBPO
                      • Jul 2006

Originally posted by merlin436
                      The BI, physical and drug test are interchangeable between the two positions. They'll carry over in either direction. The exam, interview, and fitness test are different...they won't carry over.
                      Got it, thanks.

Comment

• shawal16
                        Forum Member
                        • Mar 2008

Now that CBPO is covered, will officers being jumping ship as often?

Comment

• Gabbanelli911
                          Forum Member
                          • Jun 2008

Originally posted by barnaj
                          You can use your yearly free credit report to check your credit and see if its been pulled by the govt. That would give you a clear idea that it's been started at least
                          I checked my credit report and it was checked by "EMPL - CBC" on 06/03/08. Is this the message that you received when you checked your credit report and found out that your credit had been checked by the government?

I'm finished with everything except for the BI and I began the application process on 03/07/08, hopefully this means they have already started my BI!
                          I know they need a lot of people here in Arizona.

For those of you that already went through the academy, do they let you use a recorder in class? What kind of classes are they? What about defensive tactics? When I went to the law enforcement academy to be a police officer, red men KILLED us!!! What are defensive tactics like in FLETC for a cbp officer?

Thanks for your replies.

Comment

• yoda
                            2LT ARNG
                            • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Gabbanelli911
                            I'm finished with everything except for the BI and I began the application process on 03/07/08, hopefully this means they have already started my BI!
                            I know they need a lot of people here in Arizona.
                            Dude... I've been in the process since Sept.07'... You might want to take a chill pill
                            Seriously... sit back, relax and prepare yourself to wait. From what I've seen on the forum, some people go through the process really quick, and some like myself have been waiting for quite a while. As for the training, I think everyone has the same Basic Training at FLETC, the only difference would be in the classroom where you go into details for your Program (CBPO). Anyone who attended feel free to correct me on this one...
                            Good Luck
                            CBPO
                            Written: 08/29/2007
                            EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• weeddog
                              Forum Member
                              • Jun 2008

If you are new to Federal LEO process.................do not think for one minute that they care about how long ago you applied, tested or started your BI...........I suggest not thinking or worrying about it and "the call" will come when you are not thinking about it.
                              sigpic

Comment

• M.E. Inv.
                                Forum Member
                                • May 2008

Yeah...... i have been told to forget about it too but it's kinda hard to forget about it, especially when you live in a border town and see CBPO's driving around all over the place.... but it should be worth the wait...when it's time, it's time, so we should at least be ready, just run every day and try not to eat junk food all the time.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12242 users online. 75 members and 12167 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...