Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • tigers2007:

    Why worry about a 6 day week at FLETC, all it means is that the 6th day is paid as OT and less time at the academy
    Plus the starting pay isn't that much for you to be wasting it on Plane tickets on the weekends... Hey at least you already have your offer, I'm still waiting on mine
    Have a good one...
    CBPO
    Written: 08/29/2007
    EOD: July 11, 2011

    Comment


    • Yoda,

      Don't get too down on yourself. Don't forget the saying, No news is good news. I've been waiting about the same time since my background, and I just got a NOPA letter. I spoke to the lady this morning, and she said to expect it to take about 6 to 8 weeks before they give me an answer. I may have to wait another 2 months just to find out they wont hire me. Although I feel like I have a pretty strong case for them to hire me. So my point is, if you have a clean background, you'll get called eventually. Besides, do you really want to be in Georgia for the hottest part of the summer?



      Originally posted by yoda View Post
      tigers2007:

      Why worry about a 6 day week at FLETC, all it means is that the 6th day is paid as OT and less time at the academy
      Plus the starting pay isn't that much for you to be wasting it on Plane tickets on the weekends... Hey at least you already have your offer, I'm still waiting on mine
      Have a good one...
      ICE IEA

      May 08 Written Test
      Feb 09 TO-Los Angeles
      March 09 Medical/PT/Drug Test
      July 09 Oral Board
      Background Started 11/16/09

      EOD 11/23/09 San Bernardino
      Academy class 006 12/03/09-04/13/10

      Comment


      • Originally posted by tigers2007 View Post
        Can I get a confirmation that CBPO FLETC is only 5 days a week? I was searching through some old posts and somone in April said that it was "back to 5 days a week". That sounded odd --- the 6 day weeks didn't work out?

        I'm interested in flying home on the some of the weekends; that would be a real pain in the *** if I only had Sunday's off
        The last 6 day class graduated 6/20. Every class since April has been 5 days. I also wouldn't worry too much about flying home just relax and enjoy your time at FLETC, it's not too bad.
        But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

        For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

        Comment


        • ..........
          Last edited by tigers2007; 04-17-2017, 07:13 PM.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by tigers2007 View Post
            Sounds good that its a 5 day class. I have a business to run so I will need to tend to things on some of the weekends.

            Has anyone here successfully changed from a GS-5 to a GS-7 while in the academy? I should be getting my bachelors very soon now and will definitely fit into the "Superior Academic Achievement" to get GS-7.

            I never heard of anyone successfully being changed to GS-7 after they EOD'ed. However, I am pretty sure you can apply for GS-7 as long as you were within 9 months of graduating. I would contact MHC before you EOD, and see if you would be able to change your grade.

            If you call please let me know the outcome.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
              Yes....and you'd be that much more desirable with future hires having attended both academies.
              Couldn't that backfire in a way?... trainning here, trainning there..... this guy doesn't know what he wants. You know what I mean?
              Last edited by jumbojack; 07-02-2008, 10:14 AM.

              BPA
              test: 04/08
              Results: Passed - 04/08
              COE Received - 05/08
              Medical/PFT: Passed 06/08
              Panel: 07/08: Passed
              BI: ?..
              CBPO
              test: 03/08
              Results: Passed - 04/08
              COE Received: 06/08
              Medical/PFT: Passed 07/08
              VBT: Passed 07/08
              BI: ???
              FBI
              Phase I: 05/08
              Results: Passed 05/08
              Language test (w/l): Passed 06/08
              Language test (o): Passed 07/08
              Panel: 10/08: ???
              PFT: 11/08: ???
              USSS
              TEA test: 08/07
              Panel: 02/08

              Comment


              • Originally posted by shawal16 View Post
                I never heard of anyone successfully being changed to GS-7 after they EOD'ed. However, I am pretty sure you can apply for GS-7 as long as you were within 9 months of graduating. I would contact MHC before you EOD, and see if you would be able to change your grade.

                If you call please let me know the outcome.
                Not likely. If you accepted a GS5 you're stuck with it.
                Don't tase me bro!!

                Comment


                • will0861:

                  I know that No News IS GOOD News, but at this point I rather hear something other than the " Your case is in the security office" for 6 months on CASS already
                  I do know that it takes longer for people that have lived in different locations, but what I don't get is that they began interviewing people that know me on those other locations a month before the investigator met with me. At this point I would like to hear a YES or NO, instead of nothing and waiting...
                  Right???
                  CBPO
                  Written: 08/29/2007
                  EOD: July 11, 2011

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by yoda View Post
                    will0861:

                    I know that No News IS GOOD News, but at this point I rather hear something other than the " Your case is in the security office" for 6 months on CASS already
                    I do know that it takes longer for people that have lived in different locations, but what I don't get is that they began interviewing people that know me on those other locations a month before the investigator met with me. At this point I would like to hear a YES or NO, instead of nothing and waiting...
                    Right???

                    I agree with you. I feel the same way, and I have a wife and two kids to worry about, so the waiting for me has been really tough.

                    I was just trying to cheer you up. I think you have to remember that this is the government and it doesn't make sense at times. You'll go nuts trying to figure it out. It doesn't make any sense that people get hired in 6 months, and some 24 months. Or that it took 6 months for them to send me the NOPA letter, and it will take another 2 months to give me a yes or no.

                    Hang in there. I think we're all here to help each other through the process.
                    ICE IEA

                    May 08 Written Test
                    Feb 09 TO-Los Angeles
                    March 09 Medical/PT/Drug Test
                    July 09 Oral Board
                    Background Started 11/16/09

                    EOD 11/23/09 San Bernardino
                    Academy class 006 12/03/09-04/13/10

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by jumbojack View Post
                      Couldn't that backfire in a way?... trainning here, trainning there..... this guy doesn't know what he wants. You know what I mean?
                      No...I don't think it'll backfire. At least not with Uncle Sugar.

                      The G could not care less if you jump from position to position, especially if you stay long enough to become reasonably competent in each job. Especially with entry-level jobs.(CBPO, BPA, etc.)

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by kc12 View Post
                        PT depends on your instructor. Our first session was brutal we had four people drop out to puke. The consensus of the class was the intent was to break us not train us. After the first day PT wasn't too bad we ran a lot and had several days in the gym where we did our own thing for the alloted time. The other side of our class didn't have a hard day in PT the entire time, but they did have a longer run than we did. I think they once ran 3 or 4 miles.

                        The DT was a blast. Make sure you pick someone you can work with for the DT test. It makes it a lot easier if you work with your partner. The only other advise I can give about DT is land on your fists, I sprained my wrist and almost had to go home because of it. It still hurts when I move it certain ways and I sprained it about a month and a half ago.

                        Our class coordinator said the time should drop, but she had not heard of anything official about it dropping.

                        Good info, thanks. So first PT day is smoked in the matt room, testing; bench press, stretch, illinois agility course, and the 1.5 mi run?

                        What happened to the four that dropped from the run?

                        Comment


                        • LOL! Nothing. After you puke you start running again.
                          Don't tase me bro!!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Ry greve View Post
                            Good info, thanks. So first PT day is smoked in the matt room, testing; bench press, stretch, illinois agility course, and the 1.5 mi run?

                            What happened to the four that dropped from the run?
                            My side of the class got smoked. The other had it easy. If you include the first PEB as a PT day then we were actually smoked on the second day. I don't count PEB days as PT days. As far as the people who puked, when they were done they jumped back in line and continued. Just because you puke doesn't mean your done for the day.
                            But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

                            For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by kc12 View Post
                              My side of the class got smoked. The other had it easy. If you include the first PEB as a PT day then we were actually smoked on the second day. I don't count PEB days as PT days. As far as the people who puked, when they were done they jumped back in line and continued. Just because you puke doesn't mean your done for the day.
                              I know that for the 1.5 mile you have to be able to do it in a certain time, do they test you at the beg. to make sure you can do it or do you have to do it at the end to graduate?? Another question as far as the bench press and other things that are involved in pt/dt are there any standards/tests like there is for the run??? I.E. do you have to bench 200 to graduate/stay in FLETC.

                              I ask because ive fine with running i can run 1.5 in a little over 11 mins. my strength is good as far as squats, curls, but ive always had trouble with bench, thats why im curious if you have to bench a certain amount

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Goosell View Post
                                I know that for the 1.5 mile you have to be able to do it in a certain time, do they test you at the beg. to make sure you can do it or do you have to do it at the end to graduate?? Another question as far as the bench press and other things that are involved in pt/dt are there any standards/tests like there is for the run??? I.E. do you have to bench 200 to graduate/stay in FLETC.

                                I ask because ive fine with running i can run 1.5 in a little over 11 mins. my strength is good as far as squats, curls, but ive always had trouble with bench, thats why im curious if you have to bench a certain amount
                                As far as the bench and all that goes, it's participation only. They would like for you to show improvement by the end of training but the only pass/fail thing is the 1.5. mile run

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 5239 users online. 222 members and 5017 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X