300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BiggyWannaBGman View Post
    It seems as if they are having a class at FLETC every other month for CBP.. it seems certain we WILL get the call...

But.. how many people are in a CBP class? Anyone have the class schedule of when they are having classes? We could make a better prediction if we knew that!
    I haven't seen a class schedule for FY11. It would mean little if I did, as they cancel any class they wish to cancel.
    There are two classes scheduled for April.(12th and 26th)
    Typically, CBPI(2003-2010)classes consisted of 48 people. I don't know many people are in the new FOOBT(2010-present) classes.

My guess...if Congress get around to passing an official budget any time soon, expect 800 hires...give or take.

Comment

• I have a question for you guys that have been around for awhile. I just received my second packet for my BI, my first one was back in 08. I got a NOPA after my interview with my investigator that I subsequently won.

My question is should I send in information regarding the NOPA, or should I only send in what they asked me for? It seems as if they aren't asking me to submit half the items I had to submit the first time. Can someone chime in on this? Will I have to have another interview? Am I getting ahead of myself in thinking that this time around, things are going to go much quicker with this second packet? Sorry if this has been discussed recently.
      Last edited by CMUnupe; 03-28-2011, 04:35 PM.
      Written Test: 3/08
      NOR: 4/08
      TO: 4/08
      Medical: 4/08
      Fitness: 6/08
      VBT: 6/08
      Met with investigator: 10/08
      Received NOPA: 11/08
      Won appeal: 3/09
      TSU: 4/23/09 (Michigan) pulled in May for fitness
      New fitness: 7/28/09
      Back in TSU: 8/3/09

Comment

• Originally posted by CMUnupe View Post
        I have a question for you guys that have been around for awhile. I just received my second packet for my BI, my first one was back in 08. I got a NOPA after my interview with my investigator that I subsequently won.

My question is should I send in information regarding the NOPA, or should I only send in what they asked me for? It seems as if they aren't asking me to submit half the items I had to submit the first time. Can someone chime in on this? Will I have to have another interview? Am I getting ahead of myself in thinking that this time around, things are going to go much quicker with this second packet? Sorry if this has been discussed recently.
        I'm a NOPA survivor. I would answer to the best of my honest ability all questions asked. Plan on a second interview. Volunteering non pertinent information will confuse the matter. Facts, stick to the facts. On a bright note my second interview was two hours shorter than my first, it was only four hours.
        Le gra'sta De' a Theim.
        Galic: By The Grace Of God Go I.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beecy View Post
          So..all is well. MHC sent me the telephone number for CHS and told me to call them this afternoon.
          I am now scheduled for my 2nd medical exam on Monday 3/28. Thanks for all the help.
          Exam went well today. There was one other guy there in front of me that applied for CBP. The doctor was surprised that I didn't have to do the PFT (1) while I was there too. I explained that I am waiting for the PFT2 and he said that is not the norm for the people that have been coming in there lately for CBP. They usually do the PFT (1) immediately after. I'm hoping that is a good sign for us Michiganders that have been around for a while.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beecy View Post
            Exam went well today. There was one other guy there in front of me that applied for CBP. The doctor was surprised that I didn't have to do the PFT (1) while I was there too. I explained that I am waiting for the PFT2 and he said that is not the norm for the people that have been coming in there lately for CBP. They usually do the PFT (1) immediately after. I'm hoping that is a good sign for us Michiganders that have been around for a while.
            I also hope something happens soon for all us Michigan guys. I have been in TSU since Aug 09. Feels like something going to happen soon with all the activity around MHC.

Comment

• Originally posted by SDfed619 View Post
              3 new CBPO interns at my port today...they're coming SWB applicants!
              Thanks for the update. I know there are a few others on this forum that will be starting at San Ysidro soon.

Comment

• Congrats!! I also got the call with EOD of 4/11 and academy 4/26 - 8/30 (Laredo, TX)

Comment

• I'm trying not to read too much into this, but I've been asked to Pee into a cup tomorrow, a.k.a. urinalysis. Had my 3rd medical last week.
                  Le gra'sta De' a Theim.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thek9 View Post
                    I'm trying not to read too much into this, but I've been asked to Pee into a cup tomorrow, a.k.a. urinalysis. Had my 3rd medical last week.
                    k9, did you have to re-do the PFT1?

When I went to do my second medical a few weeks ago the staff at the clinic was really surprised that I was doing medical only. Apparently I was the first medical without fitness that they had seen. That made me a little uneasy...

Comment

• Originally posted by Thek9 View Post
                      I'm trying not to read too much into this, but I've been asked to Pee into a cup tomorrow, a.k.a. urinalysis. Had my 3rd medical last week.
                      I just got the call to pee in a cup too!
                      CBPO
                      Exam: Retook exam: 11/2010
                      TO: 2/2011
                      Medical: 3/22/2011
                      PT Test: 3/22/2011
                      VBT: 3/2011
                      Background: 3/2011
                      Drug Test: 4/2011
                      Referred to TSU: 5/2011
                      PT Test 2: TBD
                      FLETC: Good Question lol
                      CBP Officer:

USMS- Region 8
                      Info Session 9/2009
                      Interview 3/2010
                      COE 5/2010
                      Medical 5/2010
                      Fit/Background 7/2010
                      All clear as of 11/2010
                      FCIP Over, all applicants scrapped. (GAME OVER) 3/2011 :'(

Comment

• Originally posted by Bolts56 View Post

When I went to do my second medical a few weeks ago the staff at the clinic was really surprised that I was doing medical only. Apparently I was the first medical without fitness that they had seen. That made me a little uneasy...
                        I had my 3rd medical on monday. No PFT test. Don't sweat it.

Comment

• Originally posted by imlikeaninja View Post
                          I had my 3rd medical on monday. No PFT test. Don't sweat it.
                          Right on. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bolts56 View Post

Bolts,
                            Keep cool, seems they are not doing both for repeat performers at this time. I hope to do a PFT2 soon though.
                            Last edited by Thek9; 03-30-2011, 01:00 PM. Reason: No so good speller.
                            Le gra'sta De' a Theim.

Comment

• Just checked when I made my first post on this thread. Page 33 LMAO. It's a race now between me getting the job and page 1000.
                              Geo: Illinois
                              Test Score: 94
                              Quals: GS-7
                              T.O.: 8/7/2007
                              Referred to Schedule EOD

"Theirs not to make reply, Theirs not to reason why, Theirs but to do and die"

Comment

• Just passed my PFT2. EODing in San Ysidro on 4/11.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4381 users online. 171 members and 4210 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X