Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those of you who recently took the drug test for the 2nd time.. how long it it take to go from pending back to complete..

My BI expired like 2 weeks ago an now in the security office as well.

Never mind just called the hot line.. Drug test is complete..

But now my Pre-employment forms went to pending along with my BI...
    Last edited by Rshen11; 03-23-2011, 03:36 PM.
    CBPO
    GEO - NY/JFK
    TO - 01/29/09
    TSU - 05/05/09

Background cleared on 6/10/09
    Expired 6/10/11
    Met with BI for second Bi 10/30/2011

Comment

• I just called the Hotline too..

My pre-employment forms went pending also, but CASS says completed. I'm going to wait for another week or so to check again.
      TSU - 8/28/09
      TO - 3/2009
      On the job

Comment

• When I contacted MHC back in early February, I was given the impression that for some reason they triggered some things to renew before they were even due. For example, my drug test reverted to "Pending" approx 3 months early. I'm not sure why they would do this, unless they have funds sitting around from not doing much hiring last year. The budget didn't decrease, but obviously hiring dropped off. I'm assuming being an accountant for DHS/CBP must require certain magical powers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beecy View Post
          I received an email today stating that my medical/fitness test has expired (figured that seeing my CASS went back to pending a little bit ago).

Then the email goes on to say "If you are not contacted to schedule your appointment by March 22, 2011 please email us."

Odd they send this email on the very deadline for being contacted. I haven't heard anything from anyone so I sent it right back.....

I'm thinking maybe this 3rd party that is supposed to contact me couldn't reach me (not sure why but...) on time and went back to CBP stating their issue?
          So..all is well. MHC sent me the telephone number for CHS and told me to call them this afternoon.
          I am now scheduled for my 2nd medical exam on Monday 3/28. Thanks for all the help.

Comment

• Does anybody know how long is BP taking with the BI? I interview with my BI on 01/19/2011 and I havent heard anything yet. This was my last step of the application

Comment

• Originally posted by fernandez11 View Post
              Does anybody know how long is BP taking with the BI? I interview with my BI on 01/19/2011 and I havent heard anything yet. This was my last step of the application
              Wrong thread guy. Try the Border Patrol Agent thread BUT if I were to take a guess (being that I was offered a job with BPA earlier this month) I would say that your background is going to take anywhere from 3-6 months depending on your life, lifestyle, and information submitted. Good luck.

Comment

• My Medical and Drug have gone back to pending for the last 2 months or more. My BI has been pending for the last month. At what point do I call/email MHC?

Comment

• 1st Day

Originally posted by psygenix View Post
                  Yesterday I received my selection letter and I report on the 28th. I called the supervisor that I will be working with and she mentioned that the dress code is business casual. I've read on a few other forums that on the first day you should wear a suit. For those that have gone through this, should i wear a suit, or stick to business casual? There really no harm in overdressing, but I also don't want to stick out like a sore thumb. My gut tells me to wear a suit and impress on the first day.
                  Definately dress "business casual." My first day we had a tour of the port and it's not what you would call suit material. Ultimately, it's your choice so do whatever you would like. Congratulations in your selection and welcome to the CBP family. Good luck @ the academy..you will work hard but it's a great experience you will always remember.

Comment

• SDfed619, you mind if I shoot you a PM w/a question?

Comment

• Originally posted by psygenix View Post
                      Yesterday I received my selection letter and I report on the 28th. I called the supervisor that I will be working with and she mentioned that the dress code is business casual. I've read on a few other forums that on the first day you should wear a suit. For those that have gone through this, should i wear a suit, or stick to business casual? There really no harm in overdressing, but I also don't want to stick out like a sore thumb. My gut tells me to wear a suit and impress on the first day.
                      I remember an intern showed up on his first day with CBP and was getting sworn in along with officers... he came in with a suit however the others didnt have anything close. Some were wearing jeans and sweat pants. Comments were made and they were told for the remaining days before FLETC to dress more appropriately. So definitely dress to impress. Business casual thumbs up +

BTW Congrats!
                      Last edited by BiggyWannaBGman; 03-24-2011, 08:01 PM. Reason: forgot to say congrats
                      CBPO
                      Exam: Retook exam: 11/2010
                      TO: 2/2011
                      Medical: 3/22/2011
                      PT Test: 3/22/2011
                      VBT: 3/2011
                      Background: 3/2011
                      Drug Test: 4/2011
                      Referred to TSU: 5/2011
                      PT Test 2: TBD
                      FLETC: Good Question lol
                      CBP Officer:

USMS- Region 8
                      Info Session 9/2009
                      Interview 3/2010
                      COE 5/2010
                      Medical 5/2010
                      Fit/Background 7/2010
                      All clear as of 11/2010
                      FCIP Over, all applicants scrapped. (GAME OVER) 3/2011 :'(

Comment

• I'm sure he won't mind a PM with your questions. Go for it.

Comment

• Must be some new Gang members joining your neck of the words (blue jeans/sweat pants)(Glad you put your location just "USA"). They've already poisoned the military.
                          Last edited by bronze01; 03-24-2011, 08:07 PM. Reason: didn't quote the other officer

Comment

• Of course!

Comment

• Originally posted by 19USC View Post
                              SDfed619, you mind if I shoot you a PM w/a question?
                              Of course I do not mind!
                              Last edited by SDfed619; 03-24-2011, 09:32 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SDfed619 View Post
                                Of course I do not mind!
                                Thanks, msg sent.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8465 users online. 460 members and 8005 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X