Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by urdoc88 View Post
    Thank you for the all the input. Is any of the Florida ports considered high need?? Allistar how long have you been waiting in the process??
    No problem. I initially took the test in Aug. 09, had my medical done and started BI also in '09, unfortunately had to stop the process for personal reasons. I reapplied in Sept. of 2010, didn't take the test just faxed in some forms to update my info. Got a TO somewhere in Nov. Took the oral in Jan. 2011, and did the medicals last week. After reading the forums the wait begins after your TSU, so I'm not trying to get all excited right now, but one step completed is one step closer. To be honest I didn't realize that there were so many people in TSU from '09 and even '10.


    U.S. Border Patrol
    EOD - 10/2011 SW, TX



    Comment


    • Originally posted by Allistar View Post
      No problem. I initially took the test in Aug. 09, had my medical done and started BI also in '09, unfortunately had to stop the process for personal reasons. I reapplied in Sept. of 2010, didn't take the test just faxed in some forms to update my info. Got a TO somewhere in Nov. Took the oral in Jan. 2011, and did the medicals last week. After reading the forums the wait begins after your TSU, so I'm not trying to get all excited right now, but one step completed is one step closer. To be honest I didn't realize that there were so many people in TSU from '09 and even '10.

      and '08!
      CBPO
      TO - 05/08 JFK
      EOD - 12/05/2011

      Comment


      • Ya don't forget us folks that tested in 08.

        Comment


        • Just passed part 1 of the FIT test! woo!
          CBPO
          Exam: Retook exam: 11/2010
          TO: 2/2011
          Medical: 3/22/2011
          PT Test: 3/22/2011
          VBT: 3/2011
          Background: 3/2011
          Drug Test: 4/2011
          Referred to TSU: 5/2011
          PT Test 2: TBD
          FLETC: Good Question lol
          CBP Officer:

          USMS- Region 8
          Info Session 9/2009
          Interview 3/2010
          COE 5/2010
          Medical 5/2010
          Fit/Background 7/2010
          All clear as of 11/2010
          FCIP Over, all applicants scrapped. (GAME OVER) 3/2011 :'(

          Comment


          • Odd email

            I received an email today stating that my medical/fitness test has expired (figured that seeing my CASS went back to pending a little bit ago).

            Then the email goes on to say "If you are not contacted to schedule your appointment by March 22, 2011 please email us."

            Odd they send this email on the very deadline for being contacted. I haven't heard anything from anyone so I sent it right back.....

            I'm thinking maybe this 3rd party that is supposed to contact me couldn't reach me (not sure why but...) on time and went back to CBP stating their issue?

            Comment


            • It's my understanding that the medical department that contacts you is from Customs, and once contact is made, they then give you information as to when and where you are to show up for your medical/fitness- or they personally transfer you to a medical office closest to you for scheduling. There is no 3rd party that contacts you. It's Customs that contacts you for everything.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by psygenix View Post
                It's my understanding that the medical department that contacts you is from Customs, and once contact is made, they then give you information as to when and where you are to show up for your medical/fitness- or they personally transfer you to a medical office closest to you for scheduling. There is no 3rd party that contacts you. It's Customs that contacts you for everything.
                You are mistaken. I was contacted by a 3rd party coordinator and scheduled by that individual. Beecy, stay on top of MHC on this one, email, fax and call.
                Le gra'sta De' a Theim.
                Galic: By The Grace Of God Go I.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Beecy View Post
                  I received an email today stating that my medical/fitness test has expired (figured that seeing my CASS went back to pending a little bit ago).

                  Then the email goes on to say "If you are not contacted to schedule your appointment by March 22, 2011 please email us."

                  Odd they send this email on the very deadline for being contacted. I haven't heard anything from anyone so I sent it right back.....

                  I'm thinking maybe this 3rd party that is supposed to contact me couldn't reach me (not sure why but...) on time and went back to CBP stating their issue?
                  I received email from MHC and call from Comprehensive Health Services same day. As suggested above give MHC a call.

                  Comment


                  • After having my background sent to IA in the security office two weeks ago and my preemployment forms turn to pending last week due to the Probationary Period Agreement, both are now showing as completed on the hotline.

                    Good to see things are still moving behind the scenes and refreshing as they expire. Keep your heads up.

                    Comment


                    • Yesterday I received my selection letter and I report on the 28th. I called the supervisor that I will be working with and she mentioned that the dress code is business casual. I've read on a few other forums that on the first day you should wear a suit. For those that have gone through this, should i wear a suit, or stick to business casual? There really no harm in overdressing, but I also don't want to stick out like a sore thumb. My gut tells me to wear a suit and impress on the first day.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Thoughtless View Post
                        After having my background sent to IA in the security office two weeks ago and my preemployment forms turn to pending last week due to the Probationary Period Agreement, both are now showing as completed on the hotline.

                        Good to see things are still moving behind the scenes and refreshing as they expire. Keep your heads up.
                        Did you even meet with your investigator, or was this an update on you BI?
                        CBPO
                        Written: 08/29/2007
                        EOD: July 11, 2011

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by yoda View Post
                          Did you even meet with your investigator, or was this an update on you BI?
                          Update of my BI even though it wasn't due for an update until September 2011. MHC stated it was sent to IA for some reason.

                          Comment


                          • It's been over 7 months and my 2nd BI is still pending. Does it take that long? I don't even have anything to update.
                            TSU - 8/28/09
                            TO - 3/2009
                            On the job

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by sr20 View Post
                              It's been over 7 months and my 2nd BI is still pending. Does it take that long? I don't even have anything to update.
                              I placed a call on monday to see what was going on with mine, it was just sitting in the system waiting for the adjudicator to get to it since December... The person I spoke to finally assigned it to a different adjudicator, so we'll see if it'll move along finally this time around!
                              You might be in the same spot mine was... just sitting there in the system waiting, although if you had previously been in TSU and not near age 37, you should be OK.
                              CBPO
                              Written: 08/29/2007
                              EOD: July 11, 2011

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by yoda View Post
                                I placed a call on monday to see what was going on with mine, it was just sitting in the system waiting for the adjudicator to get to it since December... The person I spoke to finally assigned it to a different adjudicator, so we'll see if it'll move along finally this time around!
                                You might be in the same spot mine was... just sitting there in the system waiting, although if you had previously been in TSU and not near age 37, you should be OK.
                                I don't know if any adjudicator was assigned to my file, but my credit was pulled on Feb by them.
                                Last edited by sr20; 03-23-2011, 03:09 PM.
                                TSU - 8/28/09
                                TO - 3/2009
                                On the job

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 9400 users online. 533 members and 8867 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X