300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rshen11 View Post
    Mailed out the Probationary Period Agreement few days ago.. but also tried the fax. every time i try to Fax it seems to be busy.. anyone else have this problem?
    I had the same problem. Tried faxing a couple of days in a row and eventually got through..

Comment

• Originally posted by mackabo View Post
      Too true. I remember that I started reading at page 585. That was around when I got my TO in February 2009. And like many of you, I've read EVERY PAGE since, like an addict. I'm also a recovering CASS-aholic. Finally got the call earlier this month for a BPA spot in AZ but the CBPO file is still active. It will be fun to see how long it takes until I get the call for that spot in Maine. Jake--take care, I'll shoot you an email from Artesia.
      You too brother. I look forward to future war stories and debates on who has better looking uniforms

Comment

• Originally posted by Tvonline View Post
        Hey where in california are you from. And was swb your original geo?
        I'm from Southern California, San Diego to be more specific- and yes, SWB was my original geo.

Comment

• I am a new applicant for CBP position. I got my NOR on January. I selected Illinois as my geographical preference. I am debating on switching my preferrence. Do you guys have any suggestions for which location to switch to besides SWB?? Are there any benefits to switching for another location??

Any help/advice appreciated.

Comment

• Originally posted by urdoc88 View Post
            I am a new applicant for CBP position. I got my NOR on January. I selected Illinois as my geographical preference. I am debating on switching my preferrence. Do you guys have any suggestions for which location to switch to besides SWB?? Are there any benefits to switching for another location??

You should have applied to any of the vacancies that stated they were high needs, ie. the southwest border ports. You are in for a long wait regardless, however if you stick with IL you may never get a TO. Your chances are much better on the SWB.

Comment

I am a new applicant for CBP position. I got my NOR on January. I selected Illinois as my geographical preference. I am debating on switching my preferrence. Do you guys have any suggestions for which location to switch to besides SWB?? Are there any benefits to switching for another location??

Like mentioned, u should change your location the SWB. Even with vacancies, you're going to wait at least a couple months now imagine IL which I assume only has a handful officers on hand, not worth it. I'm also from IL, and I knew immediately that if I want this position, I'm going to have to move south. BTW, just had the medical now waiting for my BI.

U.S. Border Patrol
              EOD - 10/2011 SW, TX

Comment

• Thank you for the all the input. Is any of the Florida ports considered high need?? Allistar how long have you been waiting in the process??

Comment

Thank you for the all the input. Is any of the Florida ports considered high need?? Allistar how long have you been waiting in the process??
                  I know of very few ports off the SWB considered high demand. You will get hired quicker if you go for Nogalas than Orlando. Lot of ports are needing people, but they won't get them till the SWB gets their numbers up. Nobody is complaining about illegal immigrants at Disney World!!
                  Life is what happens while you are waiting for something better to come along.

Comment

• Random question to anyone who may answer. I am currently in TSU since 2009 for SWC but of course stuff on CASS has expired and is currently being updated. I doubt I will be getting the call anytime soon. So I was just curious if anyone knew, if I get the call and I am pregnant at the time what would happen to my application. Obviously I would have to decline the offer but do you all think I will be taken off the hiring process and I would have to start over? or Maybe I would be able to get back on TSU after the pregnancy? Thanks an advance for those who could answer.

Comment

As you can see, I'm in the Illinois pool. No one I know that tested last round has recieved a T.O. And after you get the T.O., as you can see it's a long line. I have a '07 T.O. and I'm still waiting. I would say go SWB if it works for you, otherwise it will be a long wait.

Regards.
                      Geo: Illinois
                      Test Score: 94
                      Quals: GS-7
                      T.O.: 8/7/2007
                      Referred to Schedule EOD

"Theirs not to make reply, Theirs not to reason why, Theirs but to do and die"

Comment

• The way I have been told it by the friendly folks at MHC is that if you are awaiting your EOD and something expires in CASS. You will not lose your place in line. If the call is coming it will happen. Just jump through the hoops and everything will work out.

Comment

• Thanks for all the input!! I decided to switch it SWB.

Comment

• SDCBP. I say you just go on with your life. I've read through a lot of bitterness on the forums from people who put their lives on hold for CBP. You never know if- or when they will call.

Comment

• Originally posted by SDCBP View Post
                              Random question to anyone who may answer. I am currently in TSU since 2009 for SWC but of course stuff on CASS has expired and is currently being updated. I doubt I will be getting the call anytime soon. So I was just curious if anyone knew, if I get the call and I am pregnant at the time what would happen to my application. Obviously I would have to decline the offer but do you all think I will be taken off the hiring process and I would have to start over? or Maybe I would be able to get back on TSU after the pregnancy? Thanks an advance for those who could answer.
                              If you are pregnat, you need to let MHC know that is the reason for not being able to go to FLETC. Giving you a later start date would be a reasonable accomidation in hiring, and not require you to drop out and go through it all again.
                              Life is what happens while you are waiting for something better to come along.

Comment

• Somebody at MHC goofed up again, maybe unintentional but email addresses disclosed for the second time.
                                Last edited by 2g2gn; 03-21-2011, 07:24 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6538 users online. 349 members and 6189 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X