Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just trying to refresh my memory. Is the fitness exam that they're giving out now is PFT2?

This was from the email I received in Feb 2010

The PFT 2 may consist of:

(1) Side Step – must complete 10 or more line touches/crosses in 10 seconds – two
    trials given – best score recorded
    (2) Sit-ups – 25 proper form must be completed in one minute or less
    (3) Push ups – 17 proper form must be completed in one minute or less
    (4) 1.5 mile run - must be completed in 17 minutes and 15 seconds or less
    You may also be required to complete a 220 yard run in 45 seconds or less.

No more step test and lift & lower test?
    TSU - 8/28/09
    TO - 3/2009
    On the job

Comment

• I just got a call to schedule my medical.The lady I spoke to said that it was just the medical and I would not be doing the fit test that day. Didn't sound right to me but I'm glad i don't have to bring gym clothes and get all sweaty and go back to work. Are they doing the med and fit separately now? Has anyone else just done the medical?

Comment

• Originally posted by sr20 View Post
        Just trying to refresh my memory. Is the fitness exam that they're giving out now is PFT2?

This was from the email I received in Feb 2010

The PFT 2 may consist of:

(1) Side Step – must complete 10 or more line touches/crosses in 10 seconds – two
        trials given – best score recorded
        (2) Sit-ups – 25 proper form must be completed in one minute or less
        (3) Push ups – 17 proper form must be completed in one minute or less
        (4) 1.5 mile run - must be completed in 17 minutes and 15 seconds or less
        You may also be required to complete a 220 yard run in 45 seconds or less.

No more step test and lift & lower test?
        As far as I know, the PFT 2 is done prior to EODing. PFT1 is during your medical the 1st time around.

Comment

• Originally posted by psygenix View Post
          As far as I know, the PFT 2 is done prior to EODing. PFT1 is during your medical the 1st time around.
          Things might've changed over the year. Feb 2010, MHC sent us an email in regards of the new PFT2 before EOD. My fitness was about to expire around that time. So I decided to shoot them an email and asked which one I'll be taking; PFT1 or PFT2
          The HR assistant from MHC said I'll be taking the PFT2 however, which what you said, it will not be taken until I receive EOD date and location.
          TSU - 8/28/09
          TO - 3/2009
          On the job

Comment

• Based on the information on the website the: PFT1 consisted of things you can do at the medical facility; step test, lift, sit ups, push ups, and the new side step test. While PFT2 was just the two runs, push ups, and sit ups- which is only done if you get the offer.

Comment

• Originally posted by sr20 View Post
              Is your GEO WA / Norther Borders?
              Yes it is.

Comment

• Has anyone had their med/fit done separately. Last time I did it they were done together at the same time.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2g2gn View Post
                  Yes it is.
                  Nice..same here, but you're way ahead of me. TO on March '09

good luck with your med/fit/drug test...
                  Last edited by sr20; 03-17-2011, 04:07 PM.
                  TSU - 8/28/09
                  TO - 3/2009
                  On the job

Comment

• Just got the call for the medical/FIT 1 next week.

Never mind, I believe psygenix is right.

What is everyones time line?
                    Last edited by BiggyWannaBGman; 03-17-2011, 05:15 PM. Reason: error
                    CBPO
                    Exam: Retook exam: 11/2010
                    TO: 2/2011
                    Medical: 3/22/2011
                    PT Test: 3/22/2011
                    VBT: 3/2011
                    Background: 3/2011
                    Drug Test: 4/2011
                    Referred to TSU: 5/2011
                    PT Test 2: TBD
                    FLETC: Good Question lol
                    CBP Officer:

USMS- Region 8
                    Info Session 9/2009
                    Interview 3/2010
                    COE 5/2010
                    Medical 5/2010
                    Fit/Background 7/2010
                    All clear as of 11/2010
                    FCIP Over, all applicants scrapped. (GAME OVER) 3/2011 :'(

Comment

• With so many people getting called for medicals lately, it makes you wonder what CBP has planned for the future. The best outlook would be those that are currently asked for an update of their medical and drug, will be picked up within the year, because why spend the budget on updating paperwork, when they can easily get it done within a few weeks prior to EODing.

At least that is what happened to a few of us before getting the call. A call for drug test out of the blue, then a few weeks later a call for a job offer. I guess only time will tell.

We're still looking at probably half a 4-5 more classes till the end of the fiscal year. 3 classes so far at an average of like 30~ people per class; with a budget of 250 additional officers, not including those that quit/die/fired which need to be filled.

Comment

• Originally posted by psygenix View Post
                        With so many people getting called for medicals lately, it makes you wonder what CBP has planned for the future. The best outlook would be those that are currently asked for an update of their medical and drug, will be picked up within the year, because why spend the budget on updating paperwork, when they can easily get it done within a few weeks prior to EODing.

At least that is what happened to a few of us before getting the call. A call for drug test out of the blue, then a few weeks later a call for a job offer. I guess only time will tell.

We're still looking at probably half a 4-5 more classes till the end of the fiscal year. 3 classes so far at an average of like 30~ people per class; with a budget of 250 additional officers, not including those that quit/die/fired which need to be filled.
                        5 years for most of us. Now I have to get 2 doctors notes again to clear me for another 2 years. Hopefully they won't be sore with me 2 years from now when I ask them for the third time. Plus, one of my doctors is away until the 25th.
                        CBPO
                        GEO - NY/JFK
                        TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
                        PE Forms - Completed
                        Fitness - Completed
                        VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                        Drug Screen - Completed
                        Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                        B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                        Medical - 05/09 - Completed
                        TSU

EOD: ???
                        FLETC: ???

Comment

• Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
                          5 years for most of us. Now I have to get 2 doctors notes again to clear me for another 2 years. Hopefully they won't be sore with me 2 years from now when I ask them for the third time. Plus, one of my doctors is away until the 25th.
                          Tuffstuff, I noticed you have been waiting for a while, which location did you choose?? I'm scheduled for my medical tomorrow. Had my oral in Jan. '11. NOR was last November. Wishful thinking but I hope it'll be done soon >6 months.

U.S. Border Patrol
                          EOD - 10/2011 SW, TX

Comment

• Can someone, anyone, forward me a copy of the Probationary Period Agreement form? I have made numerous attempts at contacting the MHC in regards to not receiving the email but they have yet to respond.

After waiting for so long I would hate to be dropped from consideration because they failed to respond to all of my inquiries. They usually respond within 24 hours but I haven't been able to get in touch with them.

Comment

• Hello Everyone,

I thought I would check in to see how everyone is doing and give everyone an update on my behalf.

March 3rd I was offered a position as a BPA trainee for the Tuscan Sector. I politely declined after a long grueling 24 hours of 'pros and cons' between myself and the boss. My heart and desire has been to work as a CBPO therefore I am going to wait it out since it's been almost 2 years in TSU for New York - Other.

I was also recently contacted to take ANOTHER medical exam. This will be my 3rd trip down to the medical clinic. I too do not have to do the physical fitness test. I am not sure why? I just did one not too long ago (maybe 7 months ago) for BPA but they are not the same -- so your guess is as good as mine.

As for speculating that there might be hiring sometime soon -- again, your guess is as good as mine. I am going to go about my day like nothing ever happened. One day if the phone rings and it's that lovely 'unknown' on my caller ID again... then I'll get excited

For those of you that took the last exam and keep asking "are they going to hire anytime soon?" You are just making yourself look silly. This is the 907th page. Read the last 300 pages or read other people's tags. You are in for a LONG wait unless there is MASS hiring. Just relax and take a seat in the back

Comment

• Originally posted by seeOH View Post
                                Hello Everyone,

I thought I would check in to see how everyone is doing and give everyone an update on my behalf.

March 3rd I was offered a position as a BPA trainee for the Tuscan Sector. I politely declined after a long grueling 24 hours of 'pros and cons' between myself and the boss. My heart and desire has been to work as a CBPO therefore I am going to wait it out since it's been almost 2 years in TSU for New York - Other.

I was also recently contacted to take ANOTHER medical exam. This will be my 3rd trip down to the medical clinic. I too do not have to do the physical fitness test. I am not sure why? I just did one not too long ago (maybe 7 months ago) for BPA but they are not the same -- so your guess is as good as mine.

As for speculating that there might be hiring sometime soon -- again, your guess is as good as mine. I am going to go about my day like nothing ever happened. One day if the phone rings and it's that lovely 'unknown' on my caller ID again... then I'll get excited

For those of you that took the last exam and keep asking "are they going to hire anytime soon?" You are just making yourself look silly. This is the 907th page. Read the last 300 pages or read other people's tags. You are in for a LONG wait unless there is MASS hiring. Just relax and take a seat in the back
                                Too true. I remember that I started reading at page 585. That was around when I got my TO in February 2009. And like many of you, I've read EVERY PAGE since, like an addict. I'm also a recovering CASS-aholic. Finally got the call earlier this month for a BPA spot in AZ but the CBPO file is still active. It will be fun to see how long it takes until I get the call for that spot in Maine. Jake--take care, I'll shoot you an email from Artesia.
                                CBPO
                                Written 08/08
                                TO 02/09
                                TSU 06/09
                                BI Expired 04/10
                                Polygraph 06/10--Passed
                                Met with 2nd BI--07/10
                                TSU 08/10

CBP BPA
                                Written 08/10
                                TO 09/10
                                TSU 11/10
                                THE CALL: 03/02/2011
                                FLETC: 04/04/2011--06/20/2011

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12939 users online. 485 members and 12454 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X