Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by JReidy3695 View Post
    I've got a question about the waiting process. I took the 12/10 CBPO exam and when I received my NOR, it said my eligibility expires in 12/11. If the wait to get a TO is as long as people are saying (Over 1 year) does that mean most of us will have to retest come the end of the year anyway?
    I don't know if it is similar to the ICE 1811's process I am currently in or not. According to them I 'expired' 8/2010. Since then I have had my background, medical, and received a spot on 'the list'. I tested 7/2009, interview 8/2010. I believe I interviewed the day before I 'expired' although no one seemed concerned I get in before that date, I think it was just a coincidence.

    Comment


    • My Background just went to Pending after 15 months in TSU. I guess I have to update the credit portion??!!

      Comment


      • Originally posted by JReidy3695 View Post
        I've got a question about the waiting process. I took the 12/10 CBPO exam and when I received my NOR, it said my eligibility expires in 12/11. If the wait to get a TO is as long as people are saying (Over 1 year) does that mean most of us will have to retest come the end of the year anyway?
        It depends. The hiring center will usually extend your score to a year at max, IF there is no new announcement for the position after your NOR expires. Or for example, if your NOR ends like you say on 12/11, and if they open up an announcement on 1/12. They will let it expire, and ask you retest, so they pick the best applicant possible for the position. If there isn't going to be a new announcement till late 12'/early 13', they will extend it.

        Comment


        • Had the drug test done on Friday. Today everything went back to green on CASS. Guess it's the waiting game again.

          Comment


          • New to the forum. I'm a GS-12 journeyman CBPO on the CA SWB border...if you got any questions that I could possibly answer, let me know!

            Comment


            • Originally posted by SDfed619 View Post
              New to the forum. I'm a GS-12 journeyman CBPO on the CA SWB border...if you got any questions that I could possibly answer, let me know!
              Do you know if your port put in a request to hire people yet? I'm still waiting since 09'.

              Comment


              • As of now, there have been no new-hires.
                Originally posted by psygenix View Post
                Do you know if your port put in a request to hire people yet? I'm still waiting since 09'.

                Comment


                • Theres a FLETC class starting next week so there are new hires. There's one of 48 that is there now.

                  Comment


                  • I'm from New Orleans and it's been since 1/25/11 since i got my test results. Has anyone heard about TO's in New Orleans or elsewhere in LA??

                    Comment


                    • I had my medical and fitness test in October 2008, drug test in November 2008. I've never had to re-do either and CASS has never shown them to be expired.

                      Comment


                      • My Background Expired today for the Second time on Cass
                        I did my Credit check few months ago.. what could this be?

                        I called the Hotline and it said the BI is Cleared...
                        Last edited by Rshen11; 03-10-2011, 10:35 AM.
                        CBPO
                        GEO - NY/JFK
                        TO - 01/29/09
                        TSU - 05/05/09

                        Background cleared on 6/10/09
                        Expired 6/10/11
                        Met with BI for second Bi 10/30/2011

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Rshen11 View Post
                          My Background Expired today for the Second time on Cass
                          I did my Credit check few months ago.. what could this be?

                          I called the Hotline and it said the BI is Cleared...
                          It could be that CASS is behind in updating your status, and it's suppose to show a green check. It could also mean that you'll be scheduled a poly in the near future- or your background is being looked at a 2nd time- which happened to me, when I redid my pre-employment forms a 2nd time in 2010.

                          Comment


                          • What does the second background consist of? Is it just the same as the 1st only a second time..
                            CBPO
                            GEO - NY/JFK
                            TO - 01/29/09
                            TSU - 05/05/09

                            Background cleared on 6/10/09
                            Expired 6/10/11
                            Met with BI for second Bi 10/30/2011

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Rshen11 View Post
                              What does the second background consist of? Is it just the same as the 1st only a second time..
                              They will either:
                              A- Do a refresh on your 1st BI with a new credit check and release forms
                              B- Do a Poly
                              C- Have you do a Complete BI once more (meeting an investigator and having it adjudicated by IA just like the first time)

                              You won't know until they contact you...
                              CBPO
                              Written: 08/29/2007
                              EOD: July 11, 2011

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Rshen11 View Post
                                My Background Expired today for the Second time on Cass
                                I did my Credit check few months ago.. what could this be?

                                I called the Hotline and it said the BI is Cleared...
                                I had the same situation but on Tuesday. Today, the hotline finally caught up with CASS and now states my background is pending in the security office. I just hope by the time calls start going out for San Diego, CA everything will be cleared again. With my luck, I am going to have to fill out the pre-employment forms since I only had to do the FCRA last year.

                                For those who had to do their pre-employment forms for a second time: did your pre-employement forms change to incompleted in CASS? Right now, only my background is still pending.
                                Last edited by Thoughtless; 03-10-2011, 09:33 PM.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 7645 users online. 448 members and 7197 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X