300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Chainsaw_chew View Post
    where do you go to check your CBPO test results again?
    Is it in the application manager?

https://applicationmanager.org/

Comment

• Originally posted by kc12 View Post
      That depends on the port. There is a guy at my port who transferred after being at another port for only a couple months. He swapped with another officer, both were only out of the academy a couple months, less than a year for each.
      What you have here is the CBP equivalent of winning the Powerball.
      Sure...it happens for a few lucky ones.

Most folks wait many years before securing a move.

Comment

• Hypothetical,

I have a TO for "Florida - Other" if i switch GEO preferences to "VA-Virginia" which is still listed as "few-vacancies" what do you think the chances of me getting another TO are?

Comment

• Originally posted by jumbojack View Post
          I got my tent. Selec. PKG and have about 10 days left to turn in all forms back. The thing is, I am also applying for a BPA and that is going very good.

Should I just withdraw from it and focus on BPA?

I have read several posts on this long tread and many compared the job as a CBPO not as exciting as a BPA. Is that true?
          If excitement is important to you, then work as a PA will probably be more to your liking.

As far as withdrawing...don't. Continue with both processes until offered a job. Take the first academy offered and defer the other until after you graduate. Then make your decision.

Comment

• Originally posted by shawal16 View Post
            You would need to retest even though the test are similar. The CBPO has a math portion, that is not on the ISO exam.
            When i tested in 2006 there was a math section on the exam. Although, according to the test description on USAJOBS, there is no math portion on this test. Seems odd, but then again Border Patrol's test doesnt have math on it either

Comment

• FYI- They are accepting applications for CBPO as of yesterday.

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/careers/c...reers/officer/

Comment

• Originally posted by dmgritte View Post
                Hypothetical,

I have a TO for "Florida - Other" if i switch GEO preferences to "VA-Virginia" which is still listed as "few-vacancies" what do you think the chances of me getting another TO are?
                Crystal ball questions are kind of hard to predict. What was your score before? Are you over 37 years old?

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                  If excitement is important to you, then work as a PA will probably be more to your liking.

As far as withdrawing...don't. Continue with both processes until offered a job. Take the first academy offered and defer the other until after you graduate. Then make your decision.
                  You mean that I could take a job offer as a cbpo, go to 3-4 mo. trainning comeback and drop it for a job offer as a bpa and go back to 3-4 mo. trainning again?

BPA
                  test: 04/08
                  Results: Passed - 04/08
                  COE Received - 05/08
                  Medical/PFT: Passed 06/08
                  Panel: 07/08: Passed
                  BI: ?..
                  CBPO
                  test: 03/08
                  COE Received: 06/08
                  Medical/PFT: Passed 07/08
                  VBT: Passed 07/08
                  BI: ???
                  FBI
                  Phase I: 05/08
                  Results: Passed 05/08
                  Language test (w/l): Passed 06/08
                  Language test (o): Passed 07/08
                  Panel: 10/08: ???
                  PFT: 11/08: ???
                  USSS
                  TEA test: 08/07
                  Panel: 02/08

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                    When i tested in 2006 there was a math section on the exam. Although, according to the test description on USAJOBS, there is no math portion on this test. Seems odd, but then again Border Patrol's test doesnt have math on it either
                    Interesting, that they do not list math on the test description. If that is accurate and there is not a math portion they would have retest everyone. I took the test March 2008 and there was a math portion. Which IMO was hard. That would give an unfair advantage to remove the math portion, without retesting everyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
                      I wouldn't withdraw if you are still undecided on either position. Nothing is final yet. If you're looking for a lot of action then BPA is probably the route for you.
                      yeah, I guess I am undecided. It is not that I want a lot of action, I just do not want to spend my days sitting most of the day - no offense, but that is the impression I get. I hope I am mistaken...

I consider a perk the chance to stay in shape while working. I spend most of my days in an office and at least 1 hr after work at the gym so I can keep the blood flowing.

How isolated is one as a bpa in the SW?...

BPA
                      test: 04/08
                      COE Received - 05/08
                      Medical/PFT: Passed 06/08
                      Panel: 07/08: Passed
                      BI: ?..
                      CBPO
                      test: 03/08
                      COE Received: 06/08
                      Medical/PFT: Passed 07/08
                      VBT: Passed 07/08
                      BI: ???
                      FBI
                      Phase I: 05/08
                      Results: Passed 05/08
                      Language test (w/l): Passed 06/08
                      Language test (o): Passed 07/08
                      Panel: 10/08: ???
                      PFT: 11/08: ???
                      USSS
                      TEA test: 08/07
                      Panel: 02/08

Comment

You mean that I could take a job offer as a cbpo, go to 3-4 mo. trainning comeback and drop it for a job offer as a bpa and go back to 3-4 mo. trainning again?
                        Yes, all that training is not desirable, but it gives you more options. If you find out that BPA or CBPO isn't what you want you will have another option.

Comment

• Written Test: A written test will be administered to all individuals who successfully complete the Internet registration process. The test is comprised of three sections (a) Logical and Quantitative Reasoning Skills, (b) Writing Skills, and (c) an Assessment of Experience and Achievement. Applicants must obtain a combined minimum rating of at least 70 on sections (a), (b) and (c). Test scores are good for one year. Applicants who take and fail the written test will not be able to retake the examination for 1 year, in addition, a CBP Officer announcement must be open to registration.

This is from the latest announcement. I believe the math portion is still included.

Comment

Yes....and you'd be that much more desirable with future hires having attended both academies.

Comment

• Originally posted by shawal16 View Post
                              Crystal ball questions are kind of hard to predict. What was your score before? Are you over 37 years old?
                              I got a 90, no vet pref. I am only 24.

Comment

Last edited by tigers2007; 04-17-2017, 08:13 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7736 users online. 171 members and 7565 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X