300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• “Out of curiosity, were you employed by TSA when you applied with CBP?”

Yes. I have been with TSA since 08/06 (far too long!) 4 ½ years later I have been promoted to Behavior Detection Officer and serve as an On the Job Trainer- and yet I would still walk into CBP making 15k more a year! I won’t diss TSA though- before I got this job I worked part time at Menards Home Improvement for $8.50 an hour! Still it was meant to be a foot in the door so I’m ready to move on.

“Got "THE CALL" last night....for Border Patrol! I've been in the CBPO process since 08/2008 and have been in TSU since 06/2009. Everything but the written, oral, and PT carried over to BP which expedited the process, and I gladly accepted the offer for Ajo, AZ with an EOD of 03/30.”

Congrats man! I also have in for both CBPO and BPA and used all my CBPO info to speed through the BPA app. I have been in TSU for Officer since '08 and for Agent since 11/01/10. Hopefully one of them work out! I saw your post on honorfirst too. Hope all goes well for you. Maybe I will see you down there!
    TSU- 07/14/09
    location- Minneapolis

Comment

• Brendan a.k.a. mackabo,

Congratulations! I'm Green with envy. CBPO lost out on another. Best of luck on your new endeavors.
      Last edited by Thek9; 03-05-2011, 11:46 AM.
      Le gra'sta De' a Theim.
      Galic: By The Grace Of God Go I.

Comment

• Originally posted by mackabo View Post
        Got "THE CALL" last night....for Border Patrol! I've been in the CBPO process since 08/2008 and have been in TSU since 06/2009. Everything but the written, oral, and PT carried over to BP which expedited the process, and I gladly accepted the offer for Ajo, AZ with an EOD of 03/30.

Keep the faith.

Brendan
        Congrats,

Good luck with Ajo though.

Comment

• Originally posted by rocknroll View Post
          is it really 100k? thats a shock! it said 30 something starting....not trying to sound stupid because I did take the last test for this job.
          SWB CBPO's at journeyman level at least at my port can break 100K quite easily.

Comment

• The CBPO FLETC class starting on March 18th has thirty six people in it. About thirty are for the SWB and Miami. Keep the faith, the calls will come.

Comment

• Anyone hear any rumblings to the necessity for a new CPBO announcement that is career conditional? The most recent announcement was FCIP...

Comment

• I got an email for Medical Self-Certification on Sunday. I just sent the form back this morning. Lets hope this is a good sign...
                TO: 4/09/09
                Background: Met with BI on 6/18/09
                TSU: 6/11/09

Comment

• Originally posted by Khue View Post
                  I got an email for Medical Self-Certification on Sunday. I just sent the form back this morning. Lets hope this is a good sign...
                  Sups Khue,

What's the Medical Self-Certification for? I haven't got any email or phone call for medical/drug/fitness. My 2nd Bi is still pending and recently got called for poly.
                  TSU - 8/28/09
                  TO - 3/2009
                  On the job

Comment

• Hey Sr20,

My medical expired. They sent me a self-certification to complete and return to them. It's a form to let them know if there is any changes since my last medical exam. It's self certified. That's about it. My drug test expired. Its strange, my CASS shows my medical with a green check... I did my poly last year. When is your poly?

Comment

• Originally posted by Khue View Post
                      Hey Sr20,

My medical expired. They sent me a self-certification to complete and return to them. It's a form to let them know if there is any changes since my last medical exam. It's self certified. That's about it. My drug test expired. Its strange, my CASS shows my medical with a green check... I did my poly last year. When is your poly?
                      Nice...this could be a very good sign. I did medical/drug/fitness once in 2009. Haven't got a call or email of retaking it. My Cass still shows all green except for background. Still pending since my 2nd BI. Going in for Poly this Friday.
                      TSU - 8/28/09
                      TO - 3/2009
                      On the job

Comment

• Good luck with the poly. I am sure you will do great. I only did the background once so far.

Comment

• Knue,

Did you get that via snail mail or e-mail?
                          Le gra'sta De' a Theim.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thek9 View Post
                            Knue,

Did you get that via snail mail or e-mail?
                            By email.

Comment

• Khue,

Thanks for the info. I hope things just keep on rolling for you.
                              Le gra'sta De' a Theim.

Comment

• Originally posted by ringo3727
                                The guy is bitter in more than one forum. FAMS didn't want him either and he took a dump in there more than once. If you want it bad enough keep fighting for it.
                                I have a STAMP, and guess what. I have a new house, benefits for my family, and money in my pocket! How you like them apples. I think he missed the big picture.....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9075 users online. 428 members and 8647 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X