Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes. People who are polygraphed are supposed to get the call in the not too distant future.
    CBPO
    GEO - NY/JFK
    TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
    PE Forms - Completed
    Fitness - Completed
    VBT - 03/09 - Completed
    Drug Screen - Completed
    Qual - 05/09 - Completed
    B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
    Medical - 05/09 - Completed
    TSU

EOD: ???
    FLETC: ???

Comment

• Anyone else in TSU for the East Coast or JFK Medical and Drug Test went to pending?
      My Drug Test went pending about a month ago.. Never got a call to update?
      Anyone got a call to update or know when calls are going out?
      CBPO
      GEO - NY/JFK
      TO - 01/29/09
      TSU - 05/05/09

Background cleared on 6/10/09
      Expired 6/10/11
      Met with BI for second Bi 10/30/2011

Comment

• From my understanding, polygraphs isn't an indicator for a person moving towards employment with CBP. Currently, they're just taking a small percentage of applicants and putting them through the process. There have been people that have been polyed and currently still waiting for a year now to receive a call, and there have been people who have received an EOD date who have never been polyed before.

Until they push for 100% poly, only then, can be considered a move in the right direction to getting hired. For now, just think of it as being unlucky, or lucky, depending on your outlook.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2g2gn View Post
          My Geo Pref is WA. I just dont want to relocate.
          That's odd. Your location states WA, and your Geo Pref is WA. Why exactly would they offer you a SWB location? Did you change your geo pref after you took the test?

Comment

• DHS FY2012 budget calls for 1,000 border patrol and 300 CBP officers.

Comment

• Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
              Yes. People who are polygraphed are supposed to get the call in the not too distant future.
              I'm sorry to say that Poly's are not a good indication of hiring in the near future...
              I took my Poly August of 2010, and my next call was for a 2nd BI in December... I have heard absolutely nothing since.
              The only ones that showed some type of movement towards hiring were those who had been in TSU for a very long time that had drug test expired (with a SWB pref), they were called for the drug test and a couple of days after it got the call... At least from what was posted here a few weeks ago, if I remember correctly.
              CBPO
              Written: 08/29/2007
              EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Thanks for the info, Yoda. I had a feeling that it didn't mean much. Besides, I really don't think I'm supposed to be considered for the job now anyway because I never did a medical follow up after my lasik and i've been taken out of CASS.

Good luck to all those still being considered. I hope it works out.
                "He made the night a little brighter where ever he would go. The old lamplighter of long, long ago."

Comment

• anybody getting calls for Arizona? although this process is painfully slow (tested 05/09), TO (12/10), the last 2-3 months things have happened fast, ive taken the VBT, MED, Fit/test, and pre-employment forms.. no word on my background or drug test.... i have SWB-AZ. am i anywhere close? thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by psygenix View Post
                    That's odd. Your location states WA, and your Geo Pref is WA. Why exactly would they offer you a SWB location? Did you change your geo pref after you took the test?
                    I think they offer SWB openings to any applicant who's currrently in TSU and with vet points regardless of geo preference and no I did not change my geo pref at all.

Comment

• Could be a new process resulting from the end of FCIP? Offer veterans SWB positions even if it is outside their geographical preference when their name comes up. If they refuse, place them back into TSU without any repercussions.

Comment

• Originally posted by miami1987 View Post
                        anybody getting calls for Arizona? although this process is painfully slow (tested 05/09), TO (12/10), the last 2-3 months things have happened fast, ive taken the VBT, MED, Fit/test, and pre-employment forms.. no word on my background or drug test.... i have SWB-AZ. am i anywhere close? thanks
                        The most recent calls for Arizona on this forum occurred in January for an applicant who had a TO date of April 2009.

Comment

• Originally posted by miami1987 View Post
                          anybody getting calls for Arizona? although this process is painfully slow (tested 05/09), TO (12/10), the last 2-3 months things have happened fast, ive taken the VBT, MED, Fit/test, and pre-employment forms.. no word on my background or drug test.... i have SWB-AZ. am i anywhere close? thanks
                          Once you get your TO and packet of materials things move very fast. The majority of what needs to be done, VBT, packet, medical, drug and fitness will probably be finished within a 3-4 month time frame. Once you get into your background investigation; depending on how extensive your background is and the investigator doing your paperwork- it could take between 3-6 months at the earliest, or even 1-2 years to complete. But on average it usually takes 6 months.

Once you've completed all the requirements- expect to re-do more paperwork as it expires, while you wait 1-3 years for your call.

The economy is recovering which should increase CBP hires in the near future, as compared to 08-10', but it's still going to be a long waiting game. Do the requirements and forget about the job. That's my best advice for you.

Comment

• It's been awhile since I've checked on this board!! I have a dilemma. I applied for CBPO waaaay back in 08/07. I have been in TSU for at least 2 1/2-3 years. My GEO is for MSP airport because I live in Minneapolis and wouldn’t have to relocate. Now I have realized that I should have just applied to a location with a large workforce and higher turnover!! I have had multiple agencies tell me it is extremely hard to get into FED LEO jobs in MN. I really want this job and don’t think that Minneapolis will come available anytime soon. Would you say it's worth losing all that seniority to try to relocate somewhere like LAX? Or should I just stick it out near the top of the MSP list? Is anywhere hiring?

On a side note- I have family in Hawaii and was wondering how big their workforce is and what kind of turnover do they have? Do people transfer out there intending to retire or do they work a few years and come back to the mainland? I wonder if I would have a chance of getting hired out there? I am considering taking a transfer to HNL with TSA. If I choose to move there for TSA it would be nice to have the possibility to move into CBP there.

Thanks guys!!
                            TSU- 07/14/09
                            location- Minneapolis

Comment

• Originally posted by tsawille View Post
                              It's been awhile since I've checked on this board!! I have a dilemma. I applied for CBPO waaaay back in 08/07. I have been in TSU for at least 2 1/2-3 years. My GEO is for MSP airport because I live in Minneapolis and wouldn’t have to relocate. Now I have realized that I should have just applied to a location with a large workforce and higher turnover!! I have had multiple agencies tell me it is extremely hard to get into FED LEO jobs in MN. I really want this job and don’t think that Minneapolis will come available anytime soon. Would you say it's worth losing all that seniority to try to relocate somewhere like LAX? Or should I just stick it out near the top of the MSP list? Is anywhere hiring?

On a side note- I have family in Hawaii and was wondering how big their workforce is and what kind of turnover do they have? Do people transfer out there intending to retire or do they work a few years and come back to the mainland? I wonder if I would have a chance of getting hired out there? I am considering taking a transfer to HNL with TSA. If I choose to move there for TSA it would be nice to have the possibility to move into CBP there.

Thanks guys!!
                              Out of curiosity, were you employed by TSA when you applied with CBP?
                              CBP Officer
                              Initial Application: 11/16/10
                              Test Exam: 12/13/10
                              Notice of Results: 1/25/11 (GS-07: 92)
                              New Geography (SWB): 9/14/11
                              Tentative Offer: 9/29/11
                              Medical/PFT1: 10/25/11

Comment

• Got "THE CALL" last night....for Border Patrol! I've been in the CBPO process since 08/2008 and have been in TSU since 06/2009. Everything but the written, oral, and PT carried over to BP which expedited the process, and I gladly accepted the offer for Ajo, AZ with an EOD of 03/30.

Keep the faith.

Brendan
                                CBPO
                                Written 08/08
                                TO 02/09
                                TSU 06/09
                                BI Expired 04/10
                                Polygraph 06/10--Passed
                                Met with 2nd BI--07/10
                                TSU 08/10

CBP BPA
                                Written 08/10
                                TO 09/10
                                TSU 11/10
                                THE CALL: 03/02/2011
                                FLETC: 04/04/2011--06/20/2011

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7701 users online. 417 members and 7284 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X