• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just saw the email too...
    TSU - 8/28/09
    TO - 3/2009
    On the job

Comment

• I have a question if someone could answer. Why did CBP have this new vacancy announcement and there is a hiring freeze and there is such a long line of people waiting in TSU?

Comment

• Originally posted by shortybop View Post
        I have a question if someone could answer. Why did CBP have this new vacancy announcement and there is a hiring freeze and there is such a long line of people waiting in TSU?
        It's called the "numbers" game... Simple as that.
        CBPO
        Written: 08/29/2007
        EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
          It's called the "numbers" game... Simple as that.
          Got ya!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I have a question if someone could answer. Why did CBP have this new vacancy announcement and there is a hiring freeze and there is such a long line of people waiting in TSU?
            It may sound strange but, There is not a hiring freeze.
            Le gra'sta De' a Theim.
            Galic: By The Grace Of God Go I.

Comment

• Got the e-mail as well. A welcome surprise. Well done MHC. Put this rumor to bed for good.
              Geo: Illinois
              Test Score: 94
              Quals: GS-7
              T.O.: 8/7/2007
              Referred to Schedule EOD

"Theirs not to make reply, Theirs not to reason why, Theirs but to do and die"

Comment

• Hey guys, I've been cleared for employment for ICE and have a quick question. Where are you guys at in the process? Is it just the test that has been done for most of you guys so far? I see a variety of signatures and I was just curious what was being carried over past the alleged dooms day for us of 3/1. The way I see it is if you guys are having test scores and interviews carried over, we may as well. I'm hoping since it's all DHS we may be in the safe as well, although I am slightly doubtful. This is all assuming you guys applied to an FCIP process... I guess that should have been question number 1
                Thanks for the info

Comment

• Originally posted by Thek9 View Post
                  It may sound strange but, There is not a hiring freeze.
                  Sorry I guess I used the wrong term, should I say slow down? I just found it odd that they have all these people in TSU and open another vacancy and have nowhere to put anyone. Why do this massive testing system wide and have no intentions on hiring anytime soon? I'm hoping for a miracle because I turn 37 in April, but it doesn't look promising.

Comment

The most recent calls to EOD for the southwest border in Texas and Arizona have come from applicants with TO dates of April 2009. Since 2009, there have only been two vacancy announcements and only this past October have TOs been issued for either announcement (and only those with southwest border preferences). Like Yoda said, it's a numbers game and I am quite sure the TSU line for Texas and Arizona is getting depleted.

Comment

• Got the email. Things looks promising again! Even though it may be sometime before hearing anything else.
                      Test: November 2008
                      TO: 12/26/08
                      Qualifications: 1/09/09-completed
                      VBT 1/21/09-completed
                      Medical - 1/22/09 - cleared 3/09
                      Fitness - 1/22/09 - completed
                      Drug test - 7/1/2009 completed
                      BI - 6/22/2009 Met with Investigator
                      TSU- Referred to Schedule 12/1/2009

Geographic Location- San Francisco/Oakland Airport

Comment

• I had my VBT today in Long Beach. I was the only one scheduled too. And the guy who administered me said it is super slow and the only reason I was scheduled was because I applied for the San Diego sector who is the only one processing but at a snail slow process.

Comment

• my medical and background expired and I was just contacted by a gentleman from CBP Internal Affairs...My best guess is he is contacting me for a poly...am I correct on my assumption?Any help would be much appreciated thanks!
                          -B

Comment

• at least you've been contacted, my Drug went back to pending a month ago, and my Medical did the same about a week ago. I've been in TSU for almost 2 years now. Never contacted about anything renewing or even that mythical polygraph.

Comment

• Announcement

Anyone know what was up with that limited poe announcement that ended yesterday? It was for 5/7's at limited locales like Idaho, Minnesota, Wyoming, etc. Tried to click the link but didnt get the USAJOBS job alert til this morning, but it ended yesterday so couldnt see it.

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                                Anyone know what was up with that limited poe announcement that ended yesterday? It was for 5/7's at limited locales like Idaho, Minnesota, Wyoming, etc. Tried to click the link but didnt get the USAJOBS job alert til this morning, but it ended yesterday so couldnt see it.
                                It was a CBPO announcement that was restricted to Veterans and CTAP persons only. It looks like CBP is attempting to comply with the Veterans Prefrance ruling by allowing veterans to apply to an announcement that gives them prefrance over other applicants pending.
                                HSI Agent Timeline-

Applied online - March and June 2011 (VRA/Public)
                                Test (New Orleans) - June 11, 2011
                                Oral Board - Oct 4, 2011
                                TO arrived Oct 26, 2011
                                e-QIP sent - Oct 28, 2011
                                Credit Check pulled Nov 4, 2011
                                Medical - Nov 8, 2011
                                PPD read and Med packet sent to CHS Nov 10, 2011
                                (2/6/2012 BI - EOD clearance granted)
                                (Med Cleared on 02/22/2012)
                                Redid entire Med Exam- early 2015
                                Received FLETC EOD date- Expected EOD on 6/14/2015

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9961 users online. 515 members and 9446 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X