300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by soto2635 View Post
    hello everyone, i got a quick question has anyone done a port swap body for body, im currently in el paso tx and am looking to get back to the east coast as im from ny. i currently talking to one officer in az who wants to come to el paso and he knows a officer in maryland who wants his spot in az. so i would go to maryland. but my question is how do i go about this and more or less how long does something like this take?? thanks in advance
    You'd prob have better luck on delphiforums. With that said the easy answer is or at least was: Both DFO's have to sign off on the move, and generally, both OFC"s need to be journeyman level to do the swap. Good luck, my past requests were ALWAYS denied. PM me if you have specific qs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thoughtless View Post
      Anyone here in TSU 2.0 + who had their drug test expire recently get scheduled to re-test? The last person to receive "the call" here for the southwest border had her drug test done the prior week. If applicants with non-border POEs are receiving their calls to re-test, that theory goes out the window.
      My drug test and medical expired on 1/14....no rescheduling going on though....yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by soto2635 View Post
        hello everyone, i got a quick question has anyone done a port swap body for body, im currently in el paso tx and am looking to get back to the east coast as im from ny. i currently talking to one officer in az who wants to come to el paso and he knows a officer in maryland who wants his spot in az. so i would go to maryland. but my question is how do i go about this and more or less how long does something like this take?? thanks in advance
        NTEU just barganed for new transfer rights, and they were granted. Check with your Steward about the requirements. I am pretty sure one is not being a probationary officer, so the end of the FCIP will help you out on that.
        Life is what happens while you are waiting for something better to come along.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beecy View Post
          My drug test and medical expired on 1/14....no rescheduling going on though....yet.
          Same here. '08 tester.

Comment

It appears a lot of long-time TSUers have recently had their drug test and/or medical expire. The only instances I have seen where they have been called to schedule a retest is where the applicant is also in the process for the Border Patrol or called the following week to EOD.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thoughtless View Post
              It appears a lot of long-time TSUers have recently had their drug test and/or medical expire. The only instances I have seen where they have been called to schedule a retest is where the applicant is also in the process for the Border Patrol or called the following week to EOD.
              Yep, think of it as a gallon of milk. Its gonna expire eventually based on the day you bought it. And there is no sense going out and buying anymore unless you plan on eating cereal pretty soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by imlikeaninja View Post
                Same here. '08 tester.
                Welcome back!
                Le gra'sta De' a Theim.
                Galic: By The Grace Of God Go I.

Comment

Same here. '08 tester.
                  Welcome back is right! How is TSA? After going through the entire process and being accepted, I was dropped due to an anti-inflammatory medication that I take which CBP cleared me for! They should have a disclaimer on federal applications "be prepared to experience nearly a decade of personal and professional failure as a result of applying with us"
                  CBPO
                  GEO - NY/JFK
                  TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
                  PE Forms - Completed
                  Fitness - Completed
                  VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                  Drug Screen - Completed
                  Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                  B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                  Medical - 05/09 - Completed
                  TSU

EOD: ???
                  FLETC: ???

Comment

Same here. '08 tester.
                    Yeah me too...timeline below

Written Exam: 4/5/2008
                    TO: 6/24/2008 for MI
                    Medical/Fitness Tests: 7/22/2008
                    VBT: 8/15/2008
                    DT: 8/24/2008
                    Met with BI: 11/4/2008
                    NOPA received: 11/2008
                    Quals cleared for GS-7 – 07/2009
                    Background cleared and TSU 7/24/2010
                    Medical and DT expired 1/14/2011

Comment

• I know this forum is 95% people in the process, but if anyone is currently stationed in Nogales and would be interested in answering some questions, drop me a pm.

Comment

Yeah me too...timeline below

Written Exam: 4/5/2008
                        TO: 6/24/2008 for MI
                        Medical/Fitness Tests: 7/22/2008
                        VBT: 8/15/2008
                        DT: 8/24/2008
                        Met with BI: 11/4/2008
                        NOPA received: 11/2008
                        Quals cleared for GS-7 – 07/2009
                        Background cleared and TSU 7/24/2010
                        Medical and DT expired 1/14/2011
                        Wow, almost 3 years!! I wish you luck and get hired soon.
                        So no polygraphy? I thought it was mandatory for CBPO

Comment

• Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
                          Welcome back is right! How is TSA? After going through the entire process and being accepted, I was dropped due to an anti-inflammatory medication that I take which CBP cleared me for! They should have a disclaimer on federal applications "be prepared to experience nearly a decade of personal and professional failure as a result of applying with us"
                          Please clarify for me, does TSA stop the clock? I am considering taking a position while waiting on Cbp and ICe with them but not sure if they do stop the clock.

Comment

• Originally posted by Collapse7 View Post
                            Please clarify for me, does TSA stop the clock? I am considering taking a position while waiting on Cbp and ICe with them but not sure if they do stop the clock.
                            TSA does not stop the clock, as it is not a(n) FLE position.
                            CBP Officer
                            Initial Application: 11/16/10
                            Test Exam: 12/13/10
                            Notice of Results: 1/25/11 (GS-07: 92)
                            New Geography (SWB): 9/14/11
                            Tentative Offer: 9/29/11
                            Medical/PFT1: 10/25/11

Comment

• Originally posted by Collapse7 View Post
                              Wow, almost 3 years!! I wish you luck and get hired soon.
                              So no polygraphy? I thought it was mandatory for CBPO
                              Thanks and yeah...no poly yet..

Comment

• Originally posted by AnonymousPerson View Post
                                TSA does not stop the clock, as it is not a(n) FLE position.
                                Good to know, I would dread taking a job with the TSA just to stop the clock.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7475 users online. 417 members and 7058 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X