Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Thek9 View Post
    BPA2Be,

This is the Customs and Border Protection Officer thread, you are welcome to post here but might not get the exact answer. Congratulations on you test score and Bueno Suerte con Puerto Rico!
    Yeah. My first option was BP, but since the announcement for CBPO came up and it had PR as a specific location I figured I had nothing to lose by applying and I took the test. The NOR was for CBPO's test.

Also, Gracias.

Originally posted by tigers2007 View Post
    It could be three months to three years. Don't hold your breath! Keep your options open and keep applying to anything you feel interested in.
    All right. Thanks. That's how it's been with BP so I'm kind of used to it by now.
    BPA:
    Written Test: Passed (97%)
    Reactivated Feb 09
    Pre-Employment Forms: Completed
    Qualifications: Qualified GL-7
    Medical Exam: Completed
    Drug Test: Completed
    Fitness: Completed
    Oral Board: Completedhttp://img339.imageshack.us/img339/6315/dancing.gif
    Background Investigation: Completed

IEA ICE
    Written Test: Passed (80% )
    Oral Interview: Passed 07/14/09
    Paperwork Sent In And No Idea When I'll Get An Answer

Comment

• Originally posted by tigers2007 View Post
      It could be three months to three years. Don't hold your breath! Keep your options open and keep applying to anything you feel interested in.
      Brother, when you say keep applying - who else would you recommend?
      I in the BP,ICE process. Not interested in USSS, looking to take the courses to get my NPS SLEPT. Municipalities are not hiring and I want to move west, but not a native.
      Anything else you recommend?

Comment

• Got my NOR from exam taken in San Diego on Dec 17... Not too satisfied with the score, nevertheless I passed. I'd say there was close to 300 people testing that day... Lets hope I get picked up @ the SW border.
        CBPO
        CA SWB Location
        Application Date: 11/17/10
        Exam Date: 12/17/10
        NOR: 02/01/11- Passed
        TSLP1: 06/14/11
        TSLP2: 06/15/11
        Medical & Fitness: Passed
        B.I.: 06/15/11: Pending
        VBT/SI: 9/1/11: Pending

Comment

• Originally posted by geormar View Post
          Well I've been through both with the Marshals and CBP, and they have been very different. With the Marshals we didn't take a test, and it was pretty much a lottery to be picked to attend their informational sessions. The same was similar on how they handed out conditional offers. Atleast with the CBP and BP you had to test and compete with other applicants based on your scores.
          The reason that CBP does not need to purge their list is the way the list was compiled. You did not need to get the secret handshack from a recruiter, you were not precluded from applying if you did not attend a hiring event held at a collage. We used the old tried and true method of review the applications of all applicants, and give the test first.
          Life is what happens while you are waiting for something better to come along.

Comment

• Hey guys and gals, i have a quick question. Currently i have absolutely no loans and i have never had any delinquent bills. However im looking to purchase an automobile and wanted to take out a loan for about 10 grand. Would this be a bad idea to have on my credit report if i ever get to that stage with CBP?

Comment

• Originally posted by 2Eagles View Post
              Hey guys and gals, i have a quick question. Currently i have absolutely no loans and i have never had any delinquent bills. However im looking to purchase an automobile and wanted to take out a loan for about 10 grand. Would this be a bad idea to have on my credit report if i ever get to that stage with CBP?
              I had owed $30k on my car loan and around $40k on school loans when CBP ran my credit. As long as you're up to date with all your payments and aren't delinquent on your federal loans, you will be just fine. Been sitting in TSU for 18 months since (with the annual credit, background reupdates, of course).

Comment

• Well it's time to bite the bullet and change my geo preference to SWB AZ... hopefully my test score will give me a fighting chance

Comment

• Hey guys and gals in order to get into CASS what do i need to wait for, its asking for my SSN and Applicaton id, will they send me this in an email?

Comment

• Originally posted by 2Eagles View Post
                    Hey guys and gals in order to get into CASS what do i need to wait for, its asking for my SSN and Applicaton id, will they send me this in an email?
                    You need to wait for a TO that you will receive in an email. In this email will be all the info you need in order to access CASS.
                    BPA
                    Test 8/31/10 score: 92
                    TO 9/15/10 CA pref.
                    OB 11/09/10
                    Med/PFT1 3/10/11
                    LASIK 05/19/11
                    Security Office 06/28/11
                    BI Meeting: 07/27/11
                    Med cleared 08/30/11
                    Drug Test-09/08/11
                    Tentatively met requirements-12/07/11
                    TSU---12/12/11

Cert. Date--09/03/2010

Call-06/15/2012- Calexico, CA
                    Class 1006

Comment

• Is the only way to change your geo preference through CASS?

Comment

• No, you will need to contact MHC to change it. You may have to wait until you receive a TO

Comment

• Originally posted by northbound View Post
                          No, you will need to contact MHC to change it. You may have to wait until you receive a TO
                          You cannot change once you get a TO for your current location. Once you receive a TO, you are locked in to that geo preference. You must make the change prior to receiving a TO.

Comment

• Originally posted by Walla183 View Post
                            Well it's time to bite the bullet and change my geo preference to SWB AZ... hopefully my test score will give me a fighting chance
                            What is your score? Mine was 88, I just changed to SWB AZ with the same thinking.

Comment

• Originally posted by WarV2A View Post
                              You need to wait for a TO that you will receive in an email. In this email will be all the info you need in order to access CASS.
                              TO's are not sent through email, you'll receive a letter with a packet of forms you have to fill out and send in...
                              CBPO
                              Written: 08/29/2007
                              EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by northbound View Post
                                No, you will need to contact MHC to change it. You may have to wait until you receive a TO
                                GEO pref change has to be done prior to receiving your TO, once you receive a TO for one location you can only change it when another opening period comes along. The change is done by calling MHC and probably a form stating the change will have to be filled out and sent in, but a simple call might suffice.
                                CBPO
                                Written: 08/29/2007
                                EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7551 users online. 407 members and 7144 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X