300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
    Is the test that is used a generic test that is used for other positions or is it specifically for the CBP officer position? Just reading the description it seems like the same exam I just took for the Immigration Services Officer position. If it was the same then I assume it would transfer.
    You would need to retest even though the test are similar. The CBPO has a math portion, that is not on the ISO exam.

Comment

• Originally posted by homer View Post
      If someone chose one of the critical need locations as a geographic preference how long would they have to remain there before having a chance at a transfer? Also what is approximate pay for GS-7?
      You signed a two year agreement. You can't leave until after your two years.

Its hard to guestimate how much a GS-7 would make. There are alot of variables. Locality, OT available, and how much night differential. Base salary for Newark is 41000ish. That includes locality but not OT or any differential.

Comment

• I was just wondering if anyone can answer this:

I took the written test 3/15 with a NOR of 94. My geo pref was Buffalo. I have not received a T.O at this point. The cut off this time around appears to have been 95, oh well. I received an email telling me to re-register under the new announcement open today 6/30. I did that, and changed my location to Maine (on the new announcement listed as an urgent need location). However, when I was in the registration process it was not listed there as an urgent need area.

Does anybody know as to whether or not Maine is an urgent need location?

Comment

• Everywhere I saw Maine was listed as an urgent location with many vacancies.

Comment

• Thanks audioxplode I registered for Maine. By any chance, do you (or anyone) know if the re-registering will take care of changing my geo location from Buffalo to Maine or if I will need to contact the hiring center and do so myself.

Thanks in advance!

Comment

• From the announcement:

"If you have already been tentatively selected for a CBP Officer position and you reapply under this announcement and subsequently are referred for a position under a different geographic location, your new referral and selection will supercede your previous selection's geographic location."

Comment

If someone chose one of the critical need locations as a geographic preference how long would they have to remain there before having a chance at a transfer? Also what is approximate pay for GS-7?
                There are virtually no straight transfers within CBP. They happen...but are extremely rare and undependable for the average officer. Almost everyone who moves does so by arranging a swap with another officer or by acceptiing 'a lateral to pre-clearance/cargo/elsewhere.
                Assuming that you have nowhere in particular to go and are willing to move just about anywhere, you might get moving within 4 years. You probably will get out within 7.

Comment

• Originally posted by shawal16 View Post
                  You signed a two year agreement. You can't leave until after your two years.

Its hard to guestimate how much a GS-7 would make. There are alot of variables. Locality, OT available, and how much night differential. Base salary for Newark is 41000ish. That includes locality but not OT or any differential.
                  What's this 2 year agreement? If true that's the first I've heard of one.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                    What's this 2 year agreement? If true that's the first I've heard of one.
                    It was in my TO packet. It said you will not be able to move for your first two years.

Comment

That depends on the port. There is a guy at my port who transferred after being at another port for only a couple months. He swapped with another officer, both were only out of the academy a couple months, less than a year for each.
                      But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• I got my tent. Selec. PKG and have about 10 days left to turn in all forms back. The thing is, I am also applying for a BPA and that is going very good.

Should I just withdraw from it and focus on BPA?

I have read several posts on this long tread and many compared the job as a CBPO not as exciting as a BPA. Is that true?

BPA
                        test: 04/08
                        Results: Passed - 04/08
                        COE Received - 05/08
                        Medical/PFT: Passed 06/08
                        Panel: 07/08: Passed
                        BI: ?..
                        CBPO
                        test: 03/08
                        Results: Passed - 04/08
                        COE Received: 06/08
                        Medical/PFT: Passed 07/08
                        VBT: Passed 07/08
                        BI: ???
                        FBI
                        Phase I: 05/08
                        Results: Passed 05/08
                        Language test (w/l): Passed 06/08
                        Language test (o): Passed 07/08
                        Panel: 10/08: ???
                        PFT: 11/08: ???
                        USSS
                        TEA test: 08/07
                        Panel: 02/08

Comment

• Exciting

Originally posted by jumbojack View Post
                          I got my tent. Selec. PKG and have about 10 days left to turn in all forms back. The thing is, I am also applying for a BPA and that is going very good.

I have read several posts on this long tread and many compared the job as a CBPO not as exciting as a BPA. Is that true?
                          Depends on your perspective.....

I consider having running water and a grocery store down the street to be 'exciting.'

Comment

• How are the conditions at the Vermont port of entry? I figure the winters must be tough but otherwise? Is it affordable living compared to south jersey? Is there much action? I selected Vermont as a chance to get the ball moving and was wondering if anyone had any info.

Comment

• Originally posted by jumbojack View Post
                              I got my tent. Selec. PKG and have about 10 days left to turn in all forms back. The thing is, I am also applying for a BPA and that is going very good.

I wouldn't withdraw if you are still undecided on either position. Nothing is final yet. If you're looking for a lot of action then BPA is probably the route for you.

Comment

• where do you go to check your CBPO test results again?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9863 users online. 478 members and 9385 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X