Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like the west coast still hasn't received NOR's yet!

Comment

• Originally posted by 2Eagles View Post
      I dont know but i have plenty of friends who got in at CBP under a years time starting with taking the test until they stepped foot in FLETC. If they need you then youll get in fast, if they dont need you they will give you the runaround like everything else in life.
      Those friends you speak of most likely applied during the hiring frenzy in 07-08, I know of a couple from this forum that took less than 6 months from test to hire during that time, and that is simply not the way it used to be (prior to 2007)... and most definitely not the way it has been since late 2009 when it all stopped.
      CBPO
      Written: 08/29/2007
      EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• @dubb18

Do what I did...email MHC and tell them I took the test on so on date and when will I receive my NOR, and I am sure they will email back to you in few hours or so. I emailed today and got my result within two hours. hope this helps
        Last edited by d2ep; 01-27-2011, 10:14 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by d2ep View Post
          @dubb18

Do what I did...email MHC and tell them I took the test on so on date and when will I receive my NOR, and I am sure they will email back to you in few hours or so. I emailed today and got my result within two hours. hope this helps
          Thanks!

Comment

• exactly. Perfect example.
            CBPO
            GEO - NY/JFK
            TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
            PE Forms - Completed
            Fitness - Completed
            VBT - 03/09 - Completed
            Drug Screen - Completed
            Qual - 05/09 - Completed
            B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
            Medical - 05/09 - Completed
            TSU

EOD: ???
            FLETC: ???

Comment

• I was told that it is so cold in NY, that this thread froze for 2 days after TuffStuffCBP posted! Now, that is cold.
              Last edited by Thek9; 01-30-2011, 09:53 AM. Reason: kantspel
              Le gra'sta De' a Theim.
              Galic: By The Grace Of God Go I.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thek9 View Post
                I was told that it is so cold in NY, that this thread froze for 2 days after TuffStuffCBP posted! Now, that is cold.
                Lol I don't remember the last time I saw grass or no snow or the sidewalk. It snows every week here.

Comment

• Board Frozen

Since a lot of us haven't received our NORs it seems like everything is frozen. Hopefully, those NORs aren't frozen too.

Comment

• This was posted tonight on the USMS thread on this Site:

Attention FCIP Candidates:

On December 27, 2010, President Obama issued Executive Order (EO) 13562 suspending and revoking the Federal Career Intern Program (FCIP) effective March 1, 2011. The termination of the FCIP was in response to the November 2, 2010, Merit Systems Protection Board ruling that the FCIP was inconsistent with the Civil Service Rules governing placement of positions in the excepted service under 5, United States Code, 3302(1), and that the U.S. Office of Personnel Management’s (OPM) regulations implementing FCIP violated the same statute. With the issuance of the EO, the last date any agency can appoint applicants using the authority is February 28, 2011.

The U.S. Marshals Service is aggressively working to seat two additional Basic Deputy U.S. Marshal classes primarily using the FCIP authority before it expires, pending review of acceptable hiring permitted under the current agency hiring freeze. If permissable, we will be selecting the highest ranked FCIP candidates from those who have completed the required Background Investigation, Medical, Drug, and Fitness testing to fill these classes. Those selected will be the last appointed to the U.S. Marshals Service under the authority.

We are simultaneously developing a new Deputy U.S. Marshal examination with the assistance of OPM which will allow us to competitively recruit new Deputy Marshals. The exam is scheduled to be completed in 2011, and it is projected to become our primary Deputy recruiting tool beginning in Fiscal Year 2012.

FCIP candidates not hired prior to the February 28, 2011 cutoff date will receive a letter explaining that the register is closed, and their FCIP applications will be inactivated. The letter will provide guidance on reapplying when the new examination becomes available. Please monitor the U.S. Marshals Service website at www.usmarshals.gov for new recruitment information as it becomes available.

Thank you for your participation in the FCIP program and for your continued interest in employment with the U.S. Marshals Service.

This does not bode well.
                    Le gra'sta De' a Theim.
                    Galic: By The Grace Of God Go I.

Comment

• It doesn't bode well for those in the process with U.S. Marshals. However, until CBP releases something similiar, I wouldn't completely lose faith yet.

Comment

• It seems everyone on the east coast received their NORs, but nobody on the west side yet.

I am not happy in saying this, nevertheless, I only got an 85. This was my first Federal test and I am surprised by my score.
                        I usually test out at county level in the 95% and higher brackets. This was a totally different beast though.

With all you guys/gals that have been waiting for 4+ years with higher scores, I don't see an 85 getting me on board.
                        Or at least in this decade. Good Luck to all in their process.

Comment

• Did what d2ep did and emailed MHC. Got my NOR in less than an hour. I don't know how good of a score this is but I got a rating of 90. I am a 5 point veteran, college grad, and put in for the Northern Virginia area. I don't expect anything to happen right away, but it says my NOR expires on 01/2012. I am scheduled to deploy overseas at the end of this year for a year long deployment. Does anyone know or have had an experience with military issues and were still able to continue on in the process? Thanks.

Comment

• Game over for nearly all of us. Just re-do your resume, start keeping your math up-to-date and keep your eyes open for new announcements.
                            CBPO
                            GEO - NY/JFK
                            TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
                            PE Forms - Completed
                            Fitness - Completed
                            VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                            Drug Screen - Completed
                            Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                            B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                            Medical - 05/09 - Completed
                            TSU

EOD: ???
                            FLETC: ???

Comment

• I am scheduled to deploy overseas at the end of this year for a year long deployment. Does anyone know or have had an experience with military issues and were still able to continue on in the process? Thanks.
                              Just send them a copy of your orders before you deploy and they'll put your application on hold. Any processes that you may have already completed will likely expire. Remember, if you are NOT on orders you are NOT required to disclose your "alerted" status to CBP or background investigators, as it is unlawful for them to consider your deployment status for the purposes of hiring. A background investigator (if you get contacted by one before you deploy) should not be asking about deployment matters with you or your unit. If that happens then you can file a USERRA claim. Keep in mind that if you or anyone in you unit freely volunteer that information that's fair game. This happened to me during my BI in Feb 2009, I was set to deploy in Sept 2009. I suspected that held up my BI but I can't prove anything. I know when my BI came to my armory someone volunteered that information, he called me and let me know he knew. I was p***d off.
                              Last edited by rbakous1; 02-01-2011, 11:14 AM.

Comment

• Heard from a friend down in FLL that the whole South Miami area is a 2 year wait to get in. I would assume that easiest states to get into quickly is Texas and Arizona. Has anybody else heard anything about better geographic locations to consider?
                                CBP: CBPO
                                EOD: 10/11/11 (South Texas)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7802 users online. 194 members and 7608 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X