300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did you apply to the newest announcement? I was talked out of it by MHC

This purge has been written on the walls for over a year now. With Mr. Dean's suit, they finally have the legal cover that they need to clean out these interminable application pools that weigh down the budget so heavily. I also believe that unions have an interest in making hiring impossible for when they negotiate on the inevitable cutting of salaries and slashing of pensions that is coming. Its quite a bit easier to tell somebody that you can't be replaced when there is nobody in the pipeline to replace you for half the price. All of us, as a result of the economic situation have effectively become potential scab labor.

We are doomed on all sides and we don't have a defender in this fight. Barnaj's Titanic reference is right on target. Back to the drawing boards, lets cope with the reality and start fresh. We should consider ourselves fortunate that our biggest dissapointment has been the failure of governement. Years ago people just started out expecting that. Their big dissapointments were being shipped off to war agaisnt their wishes and having their loved ones die young due to disease. We go back to playing video games in our air conditioning/heating and eat whatever and whenever we want, even when we don't have a job. Life isn't supposed to be "fair", and it is greater than most people could have imagined throughout history.

Hopefully they decide to have a new announcement. This won't stop me from pursuing a career in Law Enforcement, don't let it stop you.
    Last edited by TuffStuffCBP; 01-21-2011, 11:10 AM.
    CBPO
    GEO - NY/JFK
    TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
    PE Forms - Completed
    Fitness - Completed
    VBT - 03/09 - Completed
    Drug Screen - Completed
    Qual - 05/09 - Completed
    B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
    Medical - 05/09 - Completed
    TSU

EOD: ???
    FLETC: ???

Comment

• I don't usually post on here or at the least not very often. However I wanted to share that I just received a call to get my poly done next week here in Buffalo, and that my drug test and backround are both back in the pending status. My only thought is if they plan on dumping everyone or whatever their plans may be why move forward and spend money on poly's?
      Exam - July 2008
      NOR - Aug 2008
      T.O. - Dec 2008
      Background Completed - March 2009
      TSU - April 22 2009
      FCRA - March 2010
      Drivers License Form - May 2010
      Back in TSU - June 15 2010
      Poly - January 2011
      2nd BI - May 2011 (Still waiting on the little green check)

Comment

• Originally posted by NIKKIinBUFFALO View Post
        I don't usually post on here or at the least not very often. However I wanted to share that I just received a call to get my poly done next week here in Buffalo, and that my drug test and backround are both back in the pending status. My only thought is if they plan on dumping everyone or whatever their plans may be why move forward and spend money on poly's?
        All i can say is that they do it because there is a "chance" that you wrap everything up and get an EOD before the march deadline. Unfortunately, alot of people get poly'd and dont even get the results for months. Its so hard to say with the govt and thats WITHOUT all they hearsay and "i know a guy who said" stuff. Its also strange that they would test 25,000 people if they planned on dropping them all in march. Thats why its been my opinion all along that the new testers wont even be getting t.o.'s til after the FCIP stuff is a thing of the past, thats why the NOR's are not coming out. I cringe at the look of this forum if come march they kick all of the TSU'ers to the curb. It'll probably incite an online riot. I know nobody wanted to believe it or risk it, but all you guys should have seen the writing on the wall and re-applied in November. On the other hand MAYBE, just maybe, they'll push a bunch of new hires thru before march, but who know with the gov't.
        Keep on guessing...

Comment

• Some of us might be hired prior to the deadline, if they know that they will be hiring at that specific location over the next 2 years. My point is that they are not expected to hire more than 1500 applicants over the next year, most of which will be hired for the southwest border. If you are fortunate enough to have applied to another port that was planning on hiring a few new officers this year; you may be one of the select few chosen before the rest of us are terminated from the rosters. Make no mistake - some people will benefit from the deadline; people who recently applied will have better chances of being hired sooner, people applied for high need ports might be hired earlier than they would have if the deadline had not shown up, college graduates who would like to be employed this decade, AND veterans returning home from war. We are just some of the ones who will likely be left behind.
          CBPO
          GEO - NY/JFK
          TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
          PE Forms - Completed
          Fitness - Completed
          VBT - 03/09 - Completed
          Drug Screen - Completed
          Qual - 05/09 - Completed
          B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
          Medical - 05/09 - Completed
          TSU

EOD: ???
          FLETC: ???

Comment

• I applied to the last announcement and I can deffently say when i applied (since I'm a vet, 30% or more disabled, and qualify for VRA appointment) they announcement asked if i wish to be considered under VRA appointment? I clicked the yes. So I'm assuming if your a vet and you qualify for VRA and you clicked yes than they still should be able to process you.
            Good luck to all in your journy

Comment

• Originally posted by dubb18 View Post
              I applied to the last announcement and I can deffently say when i applied (since I'm a vet, 30% or more disabled, and qualify for VRA appointment) they announcement asked if i wish to be considered under VRA appointment? I clicked the yes. So I'm assuming if your a vet and you qualify for VRA and you clicked yes than they still should be able to process you.
              Good luck to all in your journy
              I wish they would give some preference for being a VEOA candidate. Im an 8 yr military vet but never get credit for it because i never got a expeditionary medal. I am "a veteran" so as far as "veterans" preference goes all vets should get a point or 2 at least.

Comment

• Trying to find any amount of hope amongst the doom and gloom that has taken over this thread. Deputies over on the US Marshals thread are reporting April and May classes will be filled with applicants from the FCIP pool. They will be placed on unpaid leave beginning April 1 until classes start. Anyone not selected will have to start from scratch. Perhaps (this is just speculation on my part) CBP will follow suit because officers on Delphi are reporting POEs are being ordered to send people on TDY to FLETC from April to September.

Comment

• has anyone heard about all cbp employees under fcip are going to be off probation here in march??
                  "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." President Ronald Reagan.

Comment

• Only if they have completed 1 year in FCIP.

Comment

• So in theory.. The next time I get the call to re-drug test or re-fit.. The EOD will be around the corner. In theory...
                      Geo: Illinois
                      Test Score: 94
                      Quals: GS-7
                      T.O.: 8/7/2007
                      Referred to Schedule EOD

"Theirs not to make reply, Theirs not to reason why, Theirs but to do and die"

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyHoyle View Post
                        So in theory.. The next time I get the call to re-drug test or re-fit.. The EOD will be around the corner. In theory...
                        That's my opinion. Theoretically.

Comment

• http://www.chcoc.gov/Transmittals/Tr...smittalID=3418
                          Read this from OPM about the directive to eliminate the FCIP program. "The Executive Order issued last week directs OPM to consolidate student and recent graduate programs into the Pathways Programs framework with three clear program paths that are tailored to recruit, train and retain well-qualified candidates:" It does not read eliminate rosters, purge current hiring programs or anything else. The replacement programs will not be ready for at least a year, and CBP will have to hire some Officers during the time the final rule is being constructed. We are replacing one program with 3 pathway programs that will not be ready for a year or more.

Worst case your current TSU / TO dates become worthless as a means of judging your "place in line" because other programs must be used for hiring. You will be asked for more information to determine which current program you may be hired under (Vet preference will move up as will current Fed employees). The hiring steps are going to remain the same. You still have a test score; you still have completed the other hiring steps, none of which are effected by the order to end the FCIP. You are still in the pool, the only thing that changed is what pipeline gets you into the stream of Federal Employees.

I can tell you that the bigger issue is budgeting to hire any more people right now under any program.
                          Life is what happens while you are waiting for something better to come along.

Comment

• Biggdawgdaddy,

Thanks for the optimism. I really, really want to hold onto a positive attitude and not fall into negativity, (Which Abounds Lately On Line). I've read this directive, and in usual govt. fashion it's written with ambiguity. The part that concerns me is below the chart, as follows:

"To be clear, no further appointments can be made under FCIP after February 28, 2011, as Executive Order 13562 revokes the FCIP authority on the following day and does not grant OPM the discretion to make exceptions."

As you stated this OPM directive does not state wipe the rooster clean and start over, which did happen to me with the switch over from legacy USCS. So I remain in continual pursuit of physical fitness. Keeping my nose clean and not caught up in negativity and rumor.

Be Safe And Thanks Again, Thek9
                            Last edited by Thek9; 01-22-2011, 11:01 AM. Reason: ToFixIt
                            Le gra'sta De' a Theim.
                            Galic: By The Grace Of God Go I.

Comment

• SOTO2635 said "has anyone heard about all cbp employees under fcip are going to be off probation here in march??"

Your appointment will be changed and you will go to a one year probation type appointment. If you have a year as a CBPO, you are going to be off probation at that time.
                              Last edited by biggdawgdaddy; 01-22-2011, 09:39 AM. Reason: lacked quote
                              Life is what happens while you are waiting for something better to come along.

Comment

• Unless of course they fire you beforehand...

I wonder how many probationers will be getting the ax in Jan./Febuary? With it being the last easy chance to cull many probationers...including many 'on the bubble'.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13574 users online. 491 members and 13083 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X