Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes because many people do not want to go/relocate to the SW US.

Comment

• Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
      I'm sure there were a lot more applicants/testers for the CBPO test.
      The customs position that was open for 3 days recevied 400,000 applications. I would assume that is why its taking a while to process. Of those 400K 80% of the applicants are usually not qualified. Just a tid bit I've learned from a cbpo recruiter out of RI.

Comment

• My medical just expired. Weird, because the last time I went in for a medical was 2 years ago. I have a TO date of Aug 07. Hope it's good news

Comment

• I think that only people who are going to be hired in the next month or two will have to re-do their stuff. After that, we are all most likely out of the process. I have a feeling that we are being dropped because they realize that they can

A. Spend a b***illion dollars to re-test us all even though most of us will never be hired due to the endless economic downturn
          or
          B. Cut their losses and drop us all and officially do a hiring freeze like the rest of the country. (like they've had for the past 1.8 years anyway)

As infuriating as this reality is, it isn't going to stop me from re-applying when they have a new announcement in a few years and it won't stop me from applying to every LE job on the planet. It is most likely NOT a co-incidence that the hiring surge 2 years ago is about to do a mass re-cert of its applicant glut at the exact time as the administration is deciding to cut its losses and NOT pay for those re-certs.

Good luck everybody, whatever agency eventually hires us!
          CBPO
          GEO - NY/JFK
          TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
          PE Forms - Completed
          Fitness - Completed
          VBT - 03/09 - Completed
          Drug Screen - Completed
          Qual - 05/09 - Completed
          B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
          Medical - 05/09 - Completed
          TSU

EOD: ???
          FLETC: ???

Comment

• Originally posted by pecachac View Post
            My medical just expired. Weird, because the last time I went in for a medical was 2 years ago. I have a TO date of Aug 07. Hope it's good news
            Just out of curiosity, what location in Washington state did you applied for? Wow you are in the process way before me. When did you get into TSU? You should have been hired by last year since you were way before me. I was cleared a month after they slowed down.
            TO: 4/09/09
            Background: Met with BI on 6/18/09
            TSU: 6/11/09

Comment

• Originally posted by Khue View Post
              Just out of curiosity, what location in Washington state did you applied for? Wow you are in the process way before me. When did you get into TSU? You should have been hired by last year since you were way before me. I was cleared a month after they slowed down.

Comment

• I entered in TSU on Feb 2009. My background investigation took over a year. I had lots of explaining in my background investigation... Iraq, Afghanistan and numerous expeditions tours all over the world. I wish I was 21 and nothing on my record, I would of cleared in 2 months.

Comment

I entered in TSU on Feb 2009. My background investigation took over a year. I had lots of explaining in my background investigation... Iraq, Afghanistan and numerous expeditions tours all over the world. I wish I was 21 and nothing on my record, I would of cleared in 2 months.
                  Where did you apply for? WA Northern Border? If you did, you should have been hired by before June 2009. As an American, I thank you for your service. I tried to enlist back in 2002, but got denied because of medical. I want to get in so bad, but I guess the military is not for everyone.
                  TO: 4/09/09
                  Background: Met with BI on 6/18/09
                  TSU: 6/11/09

Comment

• I applied for Seattle. They haven't hired since Dec 2008. There must be a long list of applicants and I hope new applicants are ready for a long wait. My TO is Aug 2007. I'm sure I'm somewhere way up on the list, but still waiting for that "call". I project somewhere around 2013 for me.

Comment

• Doesnt the the New FCIP provision apply to those recently took the test.. If they dropp us wouldnt they have to drop everyone?
                      Why have a test at all only to drop them few months later..?
                      CBPO
                      GEO - NY/JFK
                      TO - 01/29/09
                      TSU - 05/05/09

Background cleared on 6/10/09
                      Expired 6/10/11
                      Met with BI for second Bi 10/30/2011

Comment

My medical just expired. Weird, because the last time I went in for a medical was 2 years ago. I have a TO date of Aug 07. Hope it's good news
                        My medical and drug test just expired too......

Comment

• Originally posted by Rshen11 View Post
                          Doesnt the the New FCIP provision apply to those recently took the test.. If they dropp us wouldnt they have to drop everyone?
                          I think so. The larger, arguably more prestigious agencies (ATF, HSI) are being e-mailed more definitive answers regarding the termination of all those in the pipeline. The letters appear to be in the same tone as we have suspected. "no exceptions" seems like a common theme. If they can drop all of us, why couldn't they drop those who have barely started?

The reality is that they might keep them in the pipeline because they haven't been selected for anything yet. Score has not been determined and T.O.'s (which seem to be the crux of the issue) haven't started going out yet. Anyone with a heartbeat who minimally qualifies is given a test date, so the issue of discrimination couldn't come up in selection at that point. If I was a betting man, based on my past 5 year experience; my money would be on current TSU and TO's being purged - 100%, Recent test takers kept in the pipeline and expedited to the front of the new line based on a revised scoring system (benefiting recent college graduates and veterans). A new announcement will be made in a few months and all those who had been in the process would have to start everything over again. Just guessing.

However frustrating this is, I think we can all admit that it makes sense to purge the entire applicant pool if they don't believe that any of us will be hired this decade for most ports. Imagine the expense of keeping us all in the pipeline for another 5 years only to realize that none of us will be hired. It might hurt to admit it, but I believe that this is a legitimate decision. Add to this that when soldiers come home the government is essentially obligated to cram them into government jobs and it's a recipe for disaster for us "3-10 years from graduation" civilians. Maybe they should start calling us "Generation Hex" if this goes on any longer...
                          Last edited by TuffStuffCBP; 01-20-2011, 10:09 PM.
                          CBPO
                          GEO - NY/JFK
                          TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
                          PE Forms - Completed
                          Fitness - Completed
                          VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                          Drug Screen - Completed
                          Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                          B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                          Medical - 05/09 - Completed
                          TSU

EOD: ???
                          FLETC: ???

Comment

• @TuffstuffCpb That would be kinda of unfair when they specifically told US not to retake the test or you will lose your Spot in TSU.
                            If there is another annoucment in the future we would be months behind. Im a disabled vet now so the new FCIP will benefit me but but then ive been in TSU for over 2 years now..

The recent test takers applied under the same annoucntment as we did regard the FCIP thing...They would have to put out a new annoucntment with the new FCIP provision.
                            CBPO
                            GEO - NY/JFK
                            TO - 01/29/09
                            TSU - 05/05/09

Background cleared on 6/10/09
                            Expired 6/10/11
                            Met with BI for second Bi 10/30/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by tippmann87 View Post
                              My medical and drug test just expired too......
                              Mine did too....on Friday 1/14

Comment

• Originally posted by Rshen11 View Post
                                Doesnt the the New FCIP provision apply to those recently took the test.. If they dropp us wouldnt they have to drop everyone?
                                Actually, dont be in a rush to get an NOR or TO off the new announcement. If you get a t.o. before the March date which FCIP gets the boot, your app will no longer be able to be processed and youre out and gotta start over. If they dont process your app til after, then you should be good (the way i understand it). This is happening with ATF applicants right now. If you dont have an EOD by the March date, your app can no longer be processed. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news for all who've been waiting in TSU, etc for 2-3 yrs. I might be wrong, so dont take it as gospel. Applied for an ATF job yrs ago and go an email yesterday: "With the going away of FCIP on March, xx, 2011, blah blah blah, all entry level 5/7 applicants without an official EOD by this date will not be able to have their application processed any further". Im sure its the same for all federal FCIP jobs. Youre probably better being one of the 25,000 in the life raft who tested for the last announcement than being one of the lucky people on the sinking TSU Titanic.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12268 users online. 490 members and 11778 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X