300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Goosell View Post
    under background investigation it says "We have not received the background investigation documentation which is required to begin your investigation".

i thought this was because they couldnt start your BI intill you pass the medical, i have no clue though i hope everything is ok
    My BI updated before I had a date for my medical and VBT. It says "Your case is in the security office." I'm taking that with a grain of salt because the medical updated before I went to the doctor.

Quick question for all: the CBP officer who did my VBT stated that CBP could offer a waiver that pushes a candidate through prior to completion of the BI. Essentially he said that when a candidate signs the waiver they are stating that if anything negative comes up in the BI that Customs can fire you. He said they are doing this to get applicants through the process more quickly. Has anyone else heard of this or been offered this option??

Comment

• Originally posted by kc12 View Post
      It took about a week for the medical NOPA to be cleared. I also had one for security. I received the security one The beginning of January and had a job offer at the beginning of March.
      Did you have any updates between January and March? How long before you knew it was cleared up?

I'm asking because my company is eliminating my position at work. So, unless they can find a spot for me somewhere else in the company I'll be unemployed at the end of August. I was really hoping to get hired by CBP so I wouldn't have to find another job, and then quit if CBP calls.

Thanks
      ICE IEA

May 08 Written Test
      Feb 09 TO-Los Angeles
      March 09 Medical/PT/Drug Test
      July 09 Oral Board
      Background Started 11/16/09

EOD 11/23/09 San Bernardino
      Academy class 006 12/03/09-04/13/10

Comment

• I got the call!
        It took exactly 7 months from the day I took the test.
        I met with the B.I. 95 days ago.
        CASS still shows "pending" for my background and qualifications.
        I'm going to FLETC on August 19th.

Thanks to everyone on this forum who gave me advice, and helped set my mind at ease through the process.

Comment

• Originally posted by VT04 View Post
          My BI updated before I had a date for my medical and VBT. It says "Your case is in the security office." I'm taking that with a grain of salt because the medical updated before I went to the doctor.

Quick question for all: the CBP officer who did my VBT stated that CBP could offer a waiver that pushes a candidate through prior to completion of the BI. Essentially he said that when a candidate signs the waiver they are stating that if anything negative comes up in the BI that Customs can fire you. He said they are doing this to get applicants through the process more quickly. Has anyone else heard of this or been offered this option??
          yeah i hope everything is good with my BI, i dont kow why it wouldnt, nothing has updated, and ive taken the VBT, medical and fit test

Comment

• Originally posted by Miami Eric View Post
            I got the call!
            It took exactly 7 months from the day I took the test.
            I met with the B.I. 95 days ago.
            CASS still shows "pending" for my background and qualifications.
            I'm going to FLETC on August 19th.

Thanks to everyone on this forum who gave me advice, and helped set my mind at ease through the process.
            congrats 7 months isnt bad

Comment

• VT04:

If there was a waiver to sign, I would've done it, and wouldn't be waiting the time I have been waiting for my BI to clear. It's been 6 months since I met with the investigator, and 7 months since they began meeting with people I know. I have yet to be cleared... I have NO criminal history and I'm not in debt... Here I am still waiting, with no idea why it is taking so long
              CBPO
              Written: 08/29/2007
              EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

It took about a week for the medical NOPA to be cleared. I also had one for security. I received the security one The beginning of January and had a job offer at the beginning of March.
                Job offer in march? so you should be half way through FLETC by now, yes?

Comment

• There is a interim BI clearance process...

Who they look to offer it to and the why's and how's of the program...I have no idea of.

Comment

• Originally posted by will0861 View Post
                    Did you have any updates between January and March? How long before you knew it was cleared up?

I'm asking because my company is eliminating my position at work. So, unless they can find a spot for me somewhere else in the company I'll be unemployed at the end of August. I was really hoping to get hired by CBP so I wouldn't have to find another job, and then quit if CBP calls.

Thanks
                    I received a call from the BI toward the beginning of February. I assumed that since I was being called by the investigator the issue was cleared up. I called about once a week to find out what was going on. I initially called to verify the letter was received by the correct person, since I faxed it in. After two weeks I tried calling back to find out what was going on. I was able to contact one person who had been in a similar situation with her credit and her mom. She called the day after I had my interview to check if I had heard anything. She said the issue must have been cleared up since I had been interviewed.

Ry greve--I'm done with FLETC. Graduated June 20th.
                    But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Originally posted by prod View Post
                      Na I'm 24 and i still have about year an half left in the marine corps. "VT04" wrote me and said that it would be a good idea to start applying while in the corps. something i need clarification on because i don't know if CBP would need my DD-214 or what. i really don't want to do Border Patrol because i did the whole chasing people around the desert in Iraq and i sure as hell don't want to do it here.
                      You may want to look twice at the BPA job. OBP is far more militaristic in mindset than OFO.

Yes, you should be applying with CBP before you leave the Corps. CBP will need to see your 214 before you enter on duty, but as long as you're stateside you'll should be able to do the pre-employment requirements(BI, drug test, VBT, etc.) while serving your current obligations.

Comment

Ry greve--I'm done with FLETC. Graduated June 20th.
                        Outstanding! Congrats. How was the PT/DT, did you hear anything about the run time dropping?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ry greve View Post
                          Outstanding! Congrats. How was the PT/DT, did you hear anything about the run time dropping?
                          PT depends on your instructor. Our first session was brutal we had four people drop out to puke. The consensus of the class was the intent was to break us not train us. After the first day PT wasn't too bad we ran a lot and had several days in the gym where we did our own thing for the alloted time. The other side of our class didn't have a hard day in PT the entire time, but they did have a longer run than we did. I think they once ran 3 or 4 miles.

The DT was a blast. Make sure you pick someone you can work with for the DT test. It makes it a lot easier if you work with your partner. The only other advise I can give about DT is land on your fists, I sprained my wrist and almost had to go home because of it. It still hurts when I move it certain ways and I sprained it about a month and a half ago.

Our class coordinator said the time should drop, but she had not heard of anything official about it dropping.
                          But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Is the test that is used a generic test that is used for other positions or is it specifically for the CBP officer position? Just reading the description it seems like the same exam I just took for the Immigration Services Officer position. If it was the same then I assume it would transfer.

Comment

• If someone chose one of the critical need locations as a geographic preference how long would they have to remain there before having a chance at a transfer? Also what is approximate pay for GS-7?

Comment

• Originally posted by homer View Post
                                If someone chose one of the critical need locations as a geographic preference how long would they have to remain there before having a chance at a transfer? Also what is approximate pay for GS-7?

Look here: http://www.opm.gov/oca/08tables/indexGS.asp

Check for your locality.
                                That's what they do, it's a trailer park.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10210 users online. 351 members and 9859 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X