Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yoda, it might not take people very long to be hired from the most recent application. If the decision is made to throw out all applicants selected under FCIP, the recent testees would be at the front of the line, assuming the "unfair" practices had been remedied by the time the recent announcement was made. I'm not even confident in telling the new testees that it will take a long time. I am confident about nothing regarding this process, other than that it is a good deal and I want the job.
    CBPO
    GEO - NY/JFK
    TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
    PE Forms - Completed
    Fitness - Completed
    VBT - 03/09 - Completed
    Drug Screen - Completed
    Qual - 05/09 - Completed
    B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
    Medical - 05/09 - Completed
    TSU

EOD: ???
    FLETC: ???

Comment

• Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
      Yoda, it might not take people very long to be hired from the most recent application. If the decision is made to throw out all applicants selected under FCIP, the recent testees would be at the front of the line, assuming the "unfair" practices had been remedied by the time the recent announcement was made. I'm not even confident in telling the new testees that it will take a long time. I am confident about nothing regarding this process, other than that it is a good deal and I want the job.
      I think that if they were to throw all that are in the process out, who by the way went through the same testing and steps the new testers will go through, then it leaves the new testers being thrown out as well... Since we all went in on the same FCIP premise. In other words the new test takers "should" be thrown out with the applicants that have been waiting for years. This of course is assuming that they will take the most aggressive action, which is to throw everyone out and start over from scratch. The way they have it now, where they have a ready pool of applicants that have gone through all steps, they can still apply "preference" hiring for those calls going out without having to dump the ready pool. I understand more than anyone here how frustrating this process is and how unpredictable it is as well...it just is what it is.
      CBPO
      Written: 08/29/2007
      EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Maverick7 View Post
        I see, the only reason I ask is because typically your test score is a good indicator of how much time one would spend waiting around correct?(e.g. a candidate who gets a 95 is more likely to be called for the medical, physical, and VBT before a candidate who scored an 85, even if that call is months or years away). It would be nice to know where I stand and how much emphasis I should place on this. I just graduated college this December and becoming a CBPO has been my primary career choice for the last 2 years, I'd hate to have to put it on the back burner because of a sub-par test score.
        By no means hold your breath with your application, apply and move on as if you never did, and even if you get a TO and go through all the steps and find yourself in TSU... simply keep going on as if you never did. Because it will drive you nuts!... The hiring system is being revamped, because of FCIP being canned, now VETS will get priority over any much more qualified applicant, and another program coming will give recent grads a better chance at hiring with the Feds. How or when all this will take place is up in the air, although FCIP is effectively ended in March 1st... so eventually we'll find out what is to come for all of us that have been in the process for years.

Do not make the same mistake I did by placing all your eggs in the CBP basket... I let many opportunities go by waiting for this job. I have since begun to move along with my life, but still with a bit of hope that I'll get called in the next 6 months, if not then that's the end of the line for me in this process.

There are way too many IF's AND's or BUT's hanging in the air with the Feds with the termination of FCIP, we'll se what happens...
        CBPO

Comment

• Thanks much for your insight Yoda, I'm sorry to hear the process has eaten so much of your time with little in the way of progress or rewards. I wish you the best of luck as well. If you don't mind could you send me a PM elaborating on a few things? I'm still a bit new to this stuff, not sure what FCIP, TSU, and these "new processes" replacing FCIP are that are giving veterans and/or recent graduates a better chance at getting picked up. Thanks much in advance.
          CBPO
          Test: 12/6/10

NOR: 1/25/11
          T.O. 5/25/11
          Geo: Laredo, TX
          NYPD
          Test: 2/2011
          NOR: 5/4/11
          List #: 1XX

Comment

• Maverick PM sent...
            Go to "The End of FCIP" thread to learn more about this... Nothing is set in stone yet, but that FCIP is to end effectively March 1st.
            CBPO

Comment

• Originally posted by koalica View Post
              Got the call this morning, EOD 02/07
              Congrats!

Just out of curiosity, by looking at your timeline, have you ever been retested for your med/fit/drug/fit2 and Poly'd?

thanks,
              TSU - 8/28/09
              TO - 3/2009
              On the job

Comment

• CASS says: MHC will contact to schedule Medical / Drug. This makes it the THIRD time for me. I originally tested in March 2008. On a bright note, why would they put me through this again if the POTUS E.O. for F.C.I.P. was a death sentence for us old-timers in the pipeline.
                Le gra'sta De' a Theim.
                Galic: By The Grace Of God Go I.

Comment

• Originally posted by sr20 View Post
                  Congrats!

Just out of curiosity, by looking at your timeline, have you ever been retested for your med/fit/drug/fit2 and Poly'd?

thanks,
                  Thanks. I took everything once, updated my credit back in June, redid my medical about three months ago and was contacted for a second drug test earlier this week. That was about it, no poly or 2nd fitness. I'm scheduled for my PFT2 next week.

From what I was told, a recent availability of funds enabled them to start pushing a good chunk of people through before March.

It seems like we both entered TSU at around the same time so you might be surprised with a call soon too. Here's hoping!

Good luck and hang in there
                  "Veni, vidi, vici."

CBPO
                  TEST - 03/02/09
                  NOR - 03/05/09 (95%)
                  TO - 04/06/09
                  FORMS - 04/21/09
                  MED/FIT - 04/29/09
                  DRUG TEST - 05/05/09
                  QUALS - 05/12/09 (GS-5)
                  VBT - 05/21/09 passed 06/12/09
                  BI - Met 06/24/09 cleared 08/14/09
                  TSU - 08/14/09
                  The "Call" - 01/14/11
                  EOD - 02/07/11
                  FLETC - 02/23/11 - 06/28/11

BPA
                  TEST - 12/13/10
                  NOR - 12/20/10 (93%)

"Find something you would be willing to die for and live for that."

Comment

• Are ya'll going to the southern border?
                    But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Getting anxious here. It seems the southwestern border applicants for Arizona and Texas whom have received their call recently this year all have TO dates of April 6, 2009. Hoping San Diego, CA is just as far up the list.
                      Last edited by Thoughtless; 01-14-2011, 06:56 PM.

Comment

• I think most of us can take the med/fit test with our eyes closed at this point. Up up, down down, up up down down lol
                        Geo: Illinois
                        Test Score: 94
                        Quals: GS-7
                        T.O.: 8/7/2007
                        Referred to Schedule EOD

"Theirs not to make reply, Theirs not to reason why, Theirs but to do and die"

Comment

• Can anyone tell me why my CASS went back to showing all the steps with green check marks next to them? I tested in Aug 08, got put into CASS in May 09, got booted out when a bunch of us had to redo our credit checks, and was put back into CASS with a new date, found out the call is now based on TO date, not the date you cleared everything.

I more or less tried to forget about this gig and moved on to other things, still waiting for this call like crazy. I've still been reading this forum weekly as I thought I had problems with my username/password.

LAX/LB since 09. Ugh.

Comment

• Originally posted by davidB. View Post
                            Can anyone tell me why my CASS went back to showing all the steps with green check marks next to them? I tested in Aug 08, got put into CASS in May 09, got booted out when a bunch of us had to redo our credit checks, and was put back into CASS with a new date, found out the call is now based on TO date, not the date you cleared everything.

I more or less tried to forget about this gig and moved on to other things, still waiting for this call like crazy. I've still been reading this forum weekly as I thought I had problems with my username/password.

LAX/LB since 09. Ugh.
                            Same thing here. I have been in TSU 2.0 since September 2010 and my CASS online/hotline went from awaiting EOD to everything is completed/all green checkmarks. The last time I was removed from TSU, at least one item was pending. Anyone have an educated guess what this means?

Comment

• Originally posted by Thoughtless View Post
                              Same thing here. I have been in TSU 2.0 since September 2010 and my CASS online/hotline went from awaiting EOD to everything is completed/all green checkmarks. The last time I was removed from TSU, at least one item was pending. Anyone have an educated guess what this means?
                              Could be good news...I was removed from TSU back in Feb.'10 and have had my drug test pending a check mark since then. Even now, the check mark is still missing. Needless to say, I got the call unexpectedly as I wasn't even back in TSU yet.
                              "Veni, vidi, vici."

CBPO
                              TEST - 03/02/09
                              NOR - 03/05/09 (95%)
                              TO - 04/06/09
                              FORMS - 04/21/09
                              MED/FIT - 04/29/09
                              DRUG TEST - 05/05/09
                              QUALS - 05/12/09 (GS-5)
                              VBT - 05/21/09 passed 06/12/09
                              BI - Met 06/24/09 cleared 08/14/09
                              TSU - 08/14/09
                              The "Call" - 01/14/11
                              EOD - 02/07/11
                              FLETC - 02/23/11 - 06/28/11

BPA
                              TEST - 12/13/10
                              NOR - 12/20/10 (93%)

"Find something you would be willing to die for and live for that."

Comment

• I just thought I'd stop in one last time. I have decided to stop visiting this forum. There is a distinct lack of moderation, and there is no valid way to determine who is and who isn't a LEO on this site. For those of you who will check my profile, I do have myself listed as a security guard, but I assure you I have more time sitting in the driver seat of a patrol car than many on this forum. I also have spent more hours than I care to admit working primary and many hours I have loved working cargo. For those of you in the pipeline good luck, hang in there. It is definitely worth it. Try to have fun at 109 at FLETC, it is what you will be doing for a long time.

I will not come back to check any posts or threads on this site. If you have any questions I can easily be reached with a simple PM.
                                But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8046 users online. 263 members and 7783 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X