300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by annv06 View Post
    Wow I know 3 people besides myself that took the test all dating from 12/6 - 12/15 and have yet to received our NOR's...Good luck to you!

Waiting patiently!
    Thanks! Good luck to you and I hope you hear something soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by CBPRegAuditor View Post
      I'm looking for someone that's been to FLETC Charleston recently for training. An associate of mine and I (we are Regulatory Auditors with CBP) are due to go down there for several weeks of training this month and next. How are the living conditions down there now? I've seen some horror stories from old posts on other forums, but wondered about recent experiences. I'm driving my POV and my associate is flying. We aren't going through any physical training- just the classroom stuff, so don't worry about the CBPO training stuff - Thanks.
      I use to teach a few classes out there each year. Charleston is a GREAT city. Hopefully, and I'm almost sure that you should be off base since most of the dorm rooms are being knocked down. The area around the base and towards the historic district is pretty crappy. Looks extremely ghetto the closer you get to FLETC. You're going to think that it's some kind of joke the first time you see it.

Since you're a student they'll give you the typical FLETC pass for food, and sadly enough the food at Charleston is no better than the food from Brunswick. A lot of the students have recently been put up in hotels near the airport and they have shuttle busses that take you back and forth. Not sure if students are allowed a POV, but I don't think it would be an issue. Check with the class coordinator because sometimes it takes the shuttle a good amount of time to get you back to the hotel.

The downtown historic district is by far my favorite city I've been to in the last few years. There's a ton of things to do and places to walk to. You don't need a car when you're down there. Just find some cheap parking and you can walk from place to place.

There are great restaurants all up and down King Street, Market, and East Bay. Take a look at a map before you go or while you're there to familiarize yourself because it's easy to start down one and walk to the other. Great bars, food, people, and a lot of interesting buildings. Shame on you if you go out to eat at any place that is a chain restaurant while downtown, because the food at some of those smaller places is outstanding, especially the pulled pork dishes.

There are many other good areas to go to but I'm sure some other students will tell you where to go. Look up a place called Poe's, if you get the chance on one of the weekends. I always suggest it to the students in my class and they always love it when they go there.

Comment

• Originally posted by annv06 View Post
        Wow I know 3 people besides myself that took the test all dating from 12/6 - 12/15 and have yet to received our NOR's...Good luck to you!

Waiting patiently!
        I tested 12/06/10 and nothing in my spam. I check everyday

Comment

• Originally posted by CBPRegAuditor View Post
          I'm looking for someone that's been to FLETC Charleston recently for training. An associate of mine and I (we are Regulatory Auditors with CBP) are due to go down there for several weeks of training this month and next. How are the living conditions down there now? I've seen some horror stories from old posts on other forums, but wondered about recent experiences. I'm driving my POV and my associate is flying. We aren't going through any physical training- just the classroom stuff, so don't worry about the CBPO training stuff - Thanks.
          Charleston is a great city. When I was there we stayed off site at a local hotel. They shuttle you to and from FLETC. It's good to have a pov so you can experience the great food downtown.
          Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

• I emailed MHC yesterday and received this response: Notice of Results (NOR) will be emailed to all applicants at the end of Jan 2011.
            Last edited by brownkiddo; 01-07-2011, 02:42 AM.

Comment

• Thanks folks - Good to know- a local hotel would be a good fit, in case the "missus" wants to come see me. Plus, I'm used to travel and the typical amenities of a hotel- internet, cable, etc. I'm looking forward to seeing a little of Charleston and taking a drive up the coast on the weekends. The mention of good food and especially pulled pork makes this Tennessee boy feel right at home!
              Last edited by CBPRegAuditor; 01-07-2011, 09:30 AM.
              I carry a badge...and a sharp pencil.

Comment

• Originally posted by kspwannabe View Post
                My "rating" was an (89) if thats what you are asking for.
                congrats and good luck with rest of your precess! wish you all the best...

Comment

• Fletc charleston

I was there Sep 2010. With you having a POV, a motel if you get off-base lodging isn't an issue (except the extra travel time to get to and from class). On-base housing is sub-standard. No wireless for rooms, you have to go to a student center or other designated places they have. Not bad but not great (Just have to pretend your back in the military)...you do however have your own room. The food on FLETC is as expected. Great gym, swimming pool. Lot's of Coasties train there. Have fun.

Originally posted by CBPRegAuditor View Post
                  I'm looking for someone that's been to FLETC Charleston recently for training. How are the living conditions down there now? I've seen some horror stories from old posts on other forums, but wondered about recent experiences.

Comment

• FCIP

A small excerpt from a statement/memo from OPM:

"To be clear, no further appointments can be made under FCIP after February 28, 2011, as Executive Order 13562 revokes the FCIP authority on the following day and does not grant OPM the discretion to make exceptions."

I'm not going to interpret this as it applies (or doesn't) to those of us waiting... but by no means do I feel like we're "in the clear" and have nothing to worry about. The entire memo was posted on FedSoup (you'll have to scroll down a bit):
                    http://www.federalsoup.com/forum_pos...le=end-of-fcip

Comment

• Any News???

Hey Guys,
                      I took the test for CBPO in 2007, have gone thru 4 phyicals, 2 background invests, even passed the polygraph in oct 2010. I have callled OPM almost once a week for any openings in NJ and they keep telling me the same thing that there are no vacancies, but I am currently employed at EWR and I speak with Customs officers regularly and they all tell me that they have over 50 positions open. I am just wondering if I am ever going to get this job. Should I just give up?

Comment

• Originally posted by artisan57 View Post
                        Hey Guys,
                        I took the test for CBPO in 2007, have gone thru 4 phyicals, 2 background invests, even passed the polygraph in oct 2010. I have callled OPM almost once a week for any openings in NJ and they keep telling me the same thing that there are no vacancies, but I am currently employed at EWR and I speak with Customs officers regularly and they all tell me that they have over 50 positions open. I am just wondering if I am ever going to get this job. Should I just give up?
                        What is your current occupation at EWR airport?
                        CBP Officer
                        Initial Application: 11/16/10
                        Test Exam: 12/13/10
                        Notice of Results: 1/25/11 (GS-07: 92)
                        New Geography (SWB): 9/14/11
                        Tentative Offer: 9/29/11
                        Medical/PFT1: 10/25/11

Comment

• Originally posted by AnonymousPerson View Post
                          What is your current occupation at EWR airport?
                          Work for an airline.

Comment

• Originally posted by artisan57 View Post
                            ...I speak with Customs officers regularly and they all tell me that they have over 50 positions open.
                            I just wanted to point out often it depends on who you are talking to. At my port, if you talk with the CBPO's we are down x number of people. If you talk with the port director we are a bit over staffed. The CBPO's are typically coming from the standpoint of where we were at max, while the port director is coming from how much it costs. The truth lies somewhere in the middle. For our expected day to day mission, I think we are almost at full staffing, where we get a little O/T. For what we are tasked to do in addition to our day to day mission, we are under staffed. Although this is coming from a person who believes we should never stop training and vacations should rarely be denied.

I think once travel starts to pick up again, we will see a lot of hiring (t wouldn't be the first time I was wrong on the hiring issue). Not at the level of 2006-2009 but there will be a large uptick in new hires. Many ports are not getting replacements simply because management believes it can do the mission with the remaining employees. When passenger travel picks up again they will find out they can no longer do the job with the remaining personnel and will start making their requests again.
                            But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Well ??? is no news.. good news???? it's been 15 working days since i've taken my poly or just over three weeks. Still no responce as to, pass, fail or retest. I've be told by others on here, that if i havent heard any thing in 10 days i'm in the clear. I just hate waiting and wondering on the "IF"

Will i ever get this job!!! tested in 06, 'TO' in 08 TSU in 09, retested all qual's and two back grounds with everyone saying i should have no problem! really?? then why the LONG wait??? lol oh well kick back and keep on.. keep'in on.

Comment

• Thanks, you as well.

Originally posted by d2ep View Post
                                congrats and good luck with rest of your precess! wish you all the best...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5266 users online. 199 members and 5067 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X