Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In re-reading my first post the first sentence is highly presumptive. As another poster stated, I'm being dramatic but I actually have no idea what I am talking about. I was just surprised to read the wording of the presidential order.
    CBPO
    GEO - NY/JFK
    TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
    PE Forms - Completed
    Fitness - Completed
    VBT - 03/09 - Completed
    Drug Screen - Completed
    Qual - 05/09 - Completed
    B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
    Medical - 05/09 - Completed
    TSU

EOD: ???
    FLETC: ???

Comment

• Reading the last 10 posts was like a bad episode of Jerry Springer. Take a deep breath. Everything will be fine. Your worst fears are not going to come true. Vote Republican next elec... I mean... Just take a step back and look at it from a broader more logical point of view. Tossing out thousands of qualified applicants (essentially wasting millions of dollars) because you’re changing the title or starting a new hiring system is ridiculous. Just because Customs changed their name to CBP and changed the color of their uniforms does not mean they fired everyone and started new. (Terrible analogy... but it's also 3:00am and I ran out of coffee).
      I have to say I am a little disappointed in some of the veteran TSU members that are letting this get under their skin. I can remember when I first starting reading this thread everyone told me (including some of the people I am referring to) to “change nothing and go on with a normal life and maybe someday the phone might ring with some good news. In the mean time, take a seat and relax.” This May will be my 2 year anniversary in TSU and I still go on like nothing is going to happen. Take some of your own advice and just relax and let what is going to happen… happen. That’s all you can do.

Comment

• From what I know of the FCIP hiring process for CBP. Everyone takes a test then the vets get their preference points added. Then they go down the test results in score order to select those applicants to place on the certificate to move on to the next part of processing. Once all of the processing is done, all the selectees who passed go into TSU and wait to be called. Selectees are called by certificate date (earliest first). There could be more that we (non-HR types) don't see. The way the competitive service (if there is a test) is supposed to work is: Everyone takes a test then the vets get their preference points added. Then they go down the test results in score order to select those applicants to place on the certificate to move on to the next part of processing. Once all of the processing is done, all the selectees who passed go into TSU and wait to be called. This is where competitive service is different. There are two methods that can be used to hire, rank order (rule of three) or groups. If it is done by rank order the those with the highest scores go first with a non vet not being able to be hired if there is a vet ranked higher without adequate justification. If they use groupings then the pool is divided into best qualified and qualified. The groups can be further broke down into those with vet points and those without. The vets go first, then the non-vets.

The only way I see this E.O. effecting hiring is there might be another reordering of the applicants based on score rather than certificate date. That doesn't seem fair, since a person who has only been in the process a year could conceivably be hired before someone who has been waiting for two or three years. Then again the person who scored higher, presumably is better qualified than someone who scored lower. The reordering might take the appearance of certificate date, then score, or if they use groupings certificate date then vets then all others. I don't think they will use the grouping method of hiring. Then again they might just throw everyone who hasn't been hired out and start over. The point is nobody knows what is going to happen until OPM comes out with guidance and that is going to take a a minute or two.

In David Dean's case it was clear there was a violation of his vet preference rights since they were using various hiring authorities to fill one job. With CBP, since it is was the only hiring authority they used for CBPO's, the violations of vet preference was more in the hiring order than anything else and that can be taken care of with a simple change of policy.

No matter what happens, I think the best advice is to sit back and relax. You can't do anything about the changes coming so there is no sense in getting all worked up over it. It is frustrating and irritating, but that is government.
        But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• I just spoke to someone in TSU who said that CBP doesn't use FCIP, that they use something else. She then said that nothing will happen. Who knows.
          CBPO
          GEO - NY/JFK

TO - 01/09
          PE Forms - Completed
          Fitness - Completed
          VBT - 03/09 - Completed
          Drug Screen - Completed
          Qual - 05/09 - Completed
          B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
          TSU

Comment

• Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
            I just spoke to someone in TSU who said that CBP doesn't use FCIP, that they use something else. She then said that nothing will happen. Who knows.
            She is misinformed. ALL CBPO hiring for the last few years has been under FCIP.
            But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• I know that, you know that, but apparently MHC didn't get the memo. Thats why I tend to go by the rumors on the board. From my over 25 calls to MHC and TSU, the staff has been friendly and professional, but they seem to have less information than we do until there is an official talking point, which doesn't seem to exist at the moment. They will all have the same sheet of paper to work off of soon and once it exists, MHC is the authority. Until then, I have no idea what is going on along with 99% of the planet.

The info posted on these boards tends to be reliable from what I have read over the past 3 years. Real time, multi-sourced, and peer reviewed information is almost always more reliable, up-to-date, and informative than official wires.
              Last edited by TuffStuffCBP; 12-30-2010, 10:54 AM.
              CBPO
              GEO - NY/JFK

TO - 01/09
              PE Forms - Completed
              Fitness - Completed
              VBT - 03/09 - Completed
              Drug Screen - Completed
              Qual - 05/09 - Completed
              B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
              TSU

Comment

• All hiring of CBPO's and BPA's since the hiring surge began a few years ago has been under FCIP.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoJoGRaNde View Post
                  All applicants for FCIP appointments in any federal agency have until February 28, 2011 in order to be hired. Do not give up hope yet.
                  This just means that the FCIP appointments is no longer used. It has nothing to do with the current lists, they will mearly appoint under whatever the replacement program is. Everyone should get a notification that the program will no longer be used for appointments, but not that you need to retest or reapply. The new type of appointment will look very similar but be more veteren friendly.
                  Life is what happens while you are waiting for something better to come along.

Comment

• Hey Everyone,

It's been awhile.... I actually went back to work so my time spent on here was limited. I hope all is well. It still seems the same on here. Not much to talk about until some movement has been made. I just wanted to let you guys know that I didn't run off to FLETC without telling you. I'm still waiting just like the rest of you.

Question>>> I recently broke my ankle!!! Yes, I know, SUCKS, ( I did it wearing heels which is even worse) !! I had to get surgery and am now a proud owner of a plate and 7 screws in my leg. I'm in a cast and after, will need physical therapy. I'm just wondering if any of you ever had an injury like this. I broke my fibula in half. I'm scared that my running ability will be hindered from this particular injury. Any input would be greatly appreciated to eliminate my worries.
                    Last edited by cajunchik; 01-02-2011, 05:32 PM.

Comment

• Cajunchick,

Time is on your side with one. I'm really sorry to hear about your ankle. Your physical therapy / rehab / therapist will be pivotal. I'm not gonna sugar coat this your in for a long haul. You'll probably need a doctors release when all is said and done. Release stating you are now fit to perform duties as a L.E.O. My recent experience with physical rehab was with my son and a football injury. My insurance is very good but the copay for therapy was 20.00 - 25.00 per session twice a week for months. Make sure you are getting the best therapy possible not just the most convenient. Back to my comment about time, it does not look like a lot of EOD's will be going out anytime in the near to distant future. Don't push it, but you can do it!

Please Stop Dancing On Tables To That Zydeco With Those High Heels.
                      Le gra'sta De' a Theim.
                      Galic: By The Grace Of God Go I.

Comment

• Well.... thurs will be three weeks since i took the poly and still nothing? cass still says pending and no letter or phone call to say pass, fail or retest. Humm... I hate the waiting!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by HPPD#48 View Post
                          Well.... thurs will be three weeks since i took the poly and still nothing? cass still says pending and no letter or phone call to say pass, fail or retest. Humm... I hate the waiting!!!!!
                          There's no green check for the Poly. Basically if you're not contacted within 10 business days for a re-test, and you are not dropped from the process, you passed... Unless your examiner gave you a you probably didn't pass and will have to re-test hint! But, from all the people I've seen on here that took it and my experience included, they pretty much tell you right then and there.
                          I know that someone on here took it and was told he/she didn't pass on the spot and was asking how long would it take for them to take him/her off of CASS. If by Friday you don't see or hear anything you're good!
                          CBPO
                          Written: 08/29/2007
                          EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Quick question for those of you who have been in the process for a few years (I'm a December 2010 applicant): Can you change your port/location of interest to another location, and what penalties (if any) are there for doing so?
                            CBP Officer
                            Initial Application: 11/16/10
                            Test Exam: 12/13/10
                            Notice of Results: 1/25/11 (GS-07: 92)
                            New Geography (SWB): 9/14/11
                            Tentative Offer: 9/29/11
                            Medical/PFT1: 10/25/11

Comment

• Originally posted by AnonymousPerson View Post
                              Quick question for those of you who have been in the process for a few years (I'm a December 2010 applicant): Can you change your port/location of interest to another location, and what penalties (if any) are there for doing so?
                              You can change your preferred POE anytime before you receive your TO by contacting MHC. They will send you an updated Notice of Results confirming your new POE. If you decide to change your preference of POE while having been issued a TO, you will have to wait to be issued another TO (which isn't always guaranteed and could take months, if not years) and all your steps will carry over.

Comment

• December tests

Has anybody who tested on December/November 2010 for the CBPO openings received their NOR? It's been 3 weeks since I took the test, and nothing yet.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6778 users online. 383 members and 6395 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X