Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by ee78 View Post
    Yes it is in downtown Long Beach. Did you get the same letter?
    no, i'm currently a Officer based LA/LB seaport.. good luck, the VBT is fun

    Comment


    • Everyone in TSU or holding a T.O. will be purged either next month or in February from what I understand. The FCIP program has been revoked by presidential order. Does anyone know if this includes us? I believe it does.
      CBPO
      GEO - NY/JFK
      TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

      TO - 01/09
      PE Forms - Completed
      Fitness - Completed
      VBT - 03/09 - Completed
      Drug Screen - Completed
      Qual - 05/09 - Completed
      B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
      Medical - 05/09 - Completed
      TSU


      EOD: ???
      FLETC: ???

      Comment


      • Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
        Everyone in TSU or holding a T.O. will be purged either next month or in February from what I understand. The FCIP program has been revoked by presidential order. Does anyone know if this includes us? I believe it does.
        Where do you get this from?
        If that were the case then why send out new TO's last month, or even bother to continue with BI processes for those waiting (They are currently doing a 2nd one on me, due this week). It would make no sense to do such thing, but you never know with the "G", and waste all of that time and money already invested on the current pool.
        CBPO
        Written: 08/29/2007
        EOD: July 11, 2011

        Comment


        • I've read that CBP has, up until now, used the FCIP as their SOLE source of applicants. I think that we were all selected under FCIP and the game is finally over. I wouldn't be suprised if everyone who just recently applied to the new announcement is purged as well. In one way, I can't wait to stop waiting for this job so this is coming as a bittersweet relief. We can now move on full steam ahead with our lives without this job and how close we came holding us back. I'm sure that most of you weren't held back, but I was excited by how close I was up until last december. This past year has been a major disappointment with regards to this job, so to know that next year I am staring fresh with no hope of Federal employment is kind of freeing. I just want to know something for sure at this point.
          Last edited by TuffStuffCBP; 12-29-2010, 11:42 PM.
          CBPO
          GEO - NY/JFK
          TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

          TO - 01/09
          PE Forms - Completed
          Fitness - Completed
          VBT - 03/09 - Completed
          Drug Screen - Completed
          Qual - 05/09 - Completed
          B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
          Medical - 05/09 - Completed
          TSU


          EOD: ???
          FLETC: ???

          Comment


          • http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-...cent-graduates
            here is the website. Go to secetion 8 which applies to FCIP

            Sec. 8. Prior Executive Orders. (a) Effective March 1, 2011, Executive Order 13162 (Federal Career Intern Program) is superseded and revoked. Any individuals serving in appointments under that order on March 1, 2011, shall be converted to the competitive service, effective on that date, with no loss of pay or benefits.

            Comment


            • Yoda is right in saying you never know with the G. Millions/billions of dollars wouldn't stand a chance against "justice" (or whatever the ruling is). I've been trying to get a feel for the FCIP situation... the thing is, we don't know what will happen to those of us waiting. I'm hoping for a hiring/EOD push prior to March 1... and that DHS knows it will cost a lot to refill TSU, even if the courts don't care about the expense.

              Comment


              • All applicants for FCIP appointments in any federal agency have until February 28, 2011 in order to be hired. Do not give up hope yet.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
                  I've read that CBP has, up until now, used the FCIP as their SOLE source of applicants. I think that we were all selected under FCIP and the game is finally over. I wouldn't be suprised if everyone who just recently applied to the new announcement is purged as well. In one way, I can't wait to stop waiting for this job so this is coming as a bittersweet relief. We can now move on full steam ahead with our lives without this job and how close we came holding us back. I'm sure that most of you weren't held back, but I was excited by how close I was up until last december. This past year has been a major dissapointment, so to know that next year I am staring fresh with no hope of Federal employment is kind of freeing. I just want to know something at this point.
                  This program is used in most government agencies while hiring applicants at entry level. Where's the official statement form the Government saying that all those already in the "hiring" process through this program will be dropped? I, more than anyone else in here, can understand your frustration. But I wouldn't go as far as making such a "bold" statement that everyone in the "pipeline", those that have been waiting for years and those that just tested, are being dropped without an official announcement. Remember that this doesn't just affect CBP, FCIP is used by too many agencies, to have all of the thousands of applicants simply dropped and all of those hours and money spent processing them be wasted in such a manner.

                  Even though I am being investigated for a second time, and some ray of hope is still there, I am moving along with my recent plans. Life moves on, and we can't just sit around waiting, we have to make things happen... If they call me before I begin Law School next year, I'll gladly take the job, if not I still have school and a new career to look forward to in the future. We'll see what happens if this was passed and how it will affect all of us in the pipeline, we can't just jump to conclusions, and on top of it all we have to maintain a bit of hope. Patience my friend is all we gotta have, and we can't keep all of our eggs in one basket... Don't lose hope my friend not just yet!...
                  CBPO
                  Written: 08/29/2007
                  EOD: July 11, 2011

                  Comment


                  • RoJoGRaNde,

                    What do you mean until February 28th? Where did you find that out?
                    CBPO
                    Exam: Retook exam: 11/2010
                    TO: 2/2011
                    Medical: 3/22/2011
                    PT Test: 3/22/2011
                    VBT: 3/2011
                    Background: 3/2011
                    Drug Test: 4/2011
                    Referred to TSU: 5/2011
                    PT Test 2: TBD
                    FLETC: Good Question lol
                    CBP Officer:

                    USMS- Region 8
                    Info Session 9/2009
                    Interview 3/2010
                    COE 5/2010
                    Medical 5/2010
                    Fit/Background 7/2010
                    All clear as of 11/2010
                    FCIP Over, all applicants scrapped. (GAME OVER) 3/2011 :'(

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by BiggyWannaBGman View Post
                      RoJoGRaNde,

                      What do you mean until February 28th? Where did you find that out?
                      The order goes into effect March 1st, 2011.

                      Comment


                      • Do FCIP prgram is simply gonna change to another name. Last month I received the TO. Yesterday I received a letter via mail with my oral board scheduled for the 11th, and better yet received a phone call this morning from comprehensive health services for my physical. My medical transferred over from Border Patrol on Monday.

                        People, relax nothing is happening.

                        Comment


                        • here's the quote from the order:

                          "Sec. 8. Prior Executive Orders. (a) Effective March 1, 2011, Executive Order 13162 (Federal Career Intern Program) is superseded and revoked. Any individuals serving in appointments under that order on March 1, 2011, shall be converted to the competitive service, effective on that date, with no loss of pay or benefits.

                          (b) On the effective date of final regulations promulgated by the Director of OPM to implement the Internship Program, Executive Order 12015 (pursuant to which the Student Career Experience Program was established), as amended, is superseded and revoked.

                          (c) On the effective date of final regulations promulgated by the Director of OPM to implement changes to the PMF Program required by this order, Executive Order 13318 (Presidential Management Fellows Program), as amended, is superseded and revoked."


                          I don't see where it says that all of those waiting for a job offer are to be purged from the system, it does say that FCIP is revoked and that those positions are to be converted to competitive ones...
                          CBPO
                          Written: 08/29/2007
                          EOD: July 11, 2011

                          Comment


                          • YODA, you said it brother. All these other posters are just being dramatic and drawing their own conclusions! Be patient no one is gonna get purged!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by yoda View Post
                              here's the quote from the order:

                              "Sec. 8. Prior Executive Orders. (a) Effective March 1, 2011, Executive Order 13162 (Federal Career Intern Program) is superseded and revoked. Any individuals serving in appointments under that order on March 1, 2011, shall be converted to the competitive service, effective on that date, with no loss of pay or benefits.

                              (b) On the effective date of final regulations promulgated by the Director of OPM to implement the Internship Program, Executive Order 12015 (pursuant to which the Student Career Experience Program was established), as amended, is superseded and revoked.

                              (c) On the effective date of final regulations promulgated by the Director of OPM to implement changes to the PMF Program required by this order, Executive Order 13318 (Presidential Management Fellows Program), as amended, is superseded and revoked."


                              I don't see where it says that all of those waiting for a job offer are to be purged from the system, it does say that FCIP is revoked and that those positions are to be converted to competitive ones...
                              Yeah, just more of the usual "ghost of Christmas future" stuff. It simply means, as i interpret it, that people serving FCIP will now be converted to Competitive with no change in pay or benefits. Dont make things worse than they already are. Anyone who ever applied for CBP knows things are bad enough! They didnt just dream this up last night and decide on March 1. This stuff comes down the pipe for a while and they would not have tested 25,000 people just to dump them before the NOR's even came out.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
                                Everyone in TSU or holding a T.O. will be purged either next month or in February from what I understand. The FCIP program has been revoked by presidential order. Does anyone know if this includes us? I believe it does.
                                I just don't get it any more with this job. I really wanted it but I think this might be the nail in the coffin for me. Its technically my 1 year ann. in TSU but I'm an 07/08 tester that deferred due to military service. They JUST HAD a retest for all the people with out TOs last month! Now all those people are out and even those that have completed backgrounds and done 3X Fitness tests are kicked out. And what now? I have to test again and go through the whole process again now with a bunch of people that haven't waited 1 day in TSU? WTF!
                                CBPO
                                TO - 05/08 JFK
                                EOD - 12/05/2011

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 4684 users online. 220 members and 4464 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X