Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for the info! I'll definitely be applying.

Comment

• i cleared cass on 05/20 for Massachusetts geo...any idea on when a phone call my come or anything?

Comment

• This letter was just sent out:

Dear Customs and Border Protection Officer Applicant:

Our records indicate that you have an active record on the Customs and Border Protection Officer (CBPO) applicant inventory for the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP).

Why are we sending you this letter? Changes have been made to the CBP Officer position. In accordance with Public Law 110-161, the CBP Officer position will be covered under law enforcement retirement provisions. Candidates must be referred for selection for this position before reaching their 37th birthday. This age restriction may not apply if you are serving or have served in a federal civilian (not military) law enforcement position covered by Title 5 U.S.C. 8336(c) or Title 5 U.S.C. 8412(d). Consequently, the current GS-5/7 inventory will be terminated effective June 30th, 2008. Therefore, if you are interested in being considered for future positions as a CBP Officer, you will be required to re-register during the upcoming open period.

Please note, we have added new geographic codes, redefined duty locations that are included in those codes, and deleted some codes. The following locations are now listed as individual codes: Presidio, Texas; Columbus, New Mexico; Key West, Florida; St. Croix, Virgin Islands; and St. Thomas, Virgin Islands.

Additionally, with this new announcement, if your test score is more than one year old, you will be asked during registration if you would like to retake the written test or if you would like to use your previous test score. If you choose to retest, the most recent test score will be used. (If you choose to retest and fail the written test, you will be ineligible to be considered for a CBP Officer position. If you choose to retest and receive a lower score, the lower score will be used. Conversely, if you decide to retest and receive a higher score, that score will be used.)

What do I need to do to establish eligibility on the new register? If you wish to be considered for CBP Officer positions at grades GS-5 and GS-7, you will need to re-register on-line June 30th through July 21st, 2008 at https://cbpmhc.hr-services.org/cbpo. The CBP Officer announcement may be found on the internet at www.usajobs.opm.gov beginning June 30, 2008.

What happens if I do not re-register during the open period of June 30, 2008 through July 21st, 2008? Your eligibility will expire on June 30, 2008. Only those candidates who re-register will be considered for future CBP Officer positions. Thank you for your continued interest in a position with U.S. Customs and Border Protection.

Comment

• Originally posted by kc12 View Post
          I received two NOPAs and still was able to get the job.
          How long did it take to get it cleared up? I guess I'm concerned that my response is going to sit at the bottom of the stack for another two or three months.
          ICE IEA

May 08 Written Test
          Feb 09 TO-Los Angeles
          March 09 Medical/PT/Drug Test
          July 09 Oral Board
          Background Started 11/16/09

EOD 11/23/09 San Bernardino
          Academy class 006 12/03/09-04/13/10

Comment

• Originally posted by prod View Post
            I stationed in Yuma AZ with the marines and I'm suppose to be getting out in a year, this is after serving 7, and I'm curious as to how difficult would it be for me to join the CBP? how the job application goes and I've heard something about veterans points for the entree test? can anyone break it down for me please? it would be greatly appreciated.
            Just FYI, there is a test you'll have to take as part of the application process. You might want to go back and review some spelling and basic sentence construction. CBP is not like the military - we do not accept everyone!!!!! Good luck!

Comment

• audi0xpl0de:

Does this mean that anyone who is still in the process has to register again?
              All I have left is for my BI to clear, it's now been 6 months since I met with the investigator, and it hasn't cleared yet.
              It makes no sense to have everyone in the process go through the whole thing again, potentially delaying many more applicants going through or just starting, wouldn't you think...
              CBPO
              Written: 08/29/2007
              EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                audi0xpl0de:

All I have left is for my BI to clear, it's now been 6 months since I met with the investigator, and it hasn't cleared yet.
                It makes no sense to have everyone in the process go through the whole thing again, potentially delaying many more applicants going through or just starting, wouldn't you think...
                I'm pretty sure that it means if you have not received a TO, or taken the test, you will have to re-register. I'm almost certain that if you already have a TO, then you don't have to worry. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
                ICE IEA

May 08 Written Test
                Feb 09 TO-Los Angeles
                March 09 Medical/PT/Drug Test
                July 09 Oral Board
                Background Started 11/16/09

EOD 11/23/09 San Bernardino
                Academy class 006 12/03/09-04/13/10

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                  audi0xpl0de:

I'm with you. I haven't (yet) recieved that e-mail, but all I have left is my BI. I've already talked to 3 investigators. Anyone have a clearer picture on this?
                  USSCP
                  Faxed App 7/28/10
                  Received notice of testing 8/28/2010
                  Test Scheduled 9/9/2010

Comment

• Yeah, I think Will is right. If you're that far along you shouldn't have to reapply.

Comment

• Question

I took the exam in 11/07. I received my TO on 6/26/08. Who knows when I will finish the hiring process. So, will I have to re-apply under the new announcment to be eligible for coverage?

Patriot72

Comment

• To those with Tentative Offers....

..I have asked this question to the Minneapolis Hiring Center already.

They said: "Since you have been tentatively selected and have already begun the pre-employment process, the July 6, 2008 date will not be an issue."

Those with TOs, put your mind at ease. Good luck to those still waiting for a TO.

Comment

• Hey I was referred to scheduling on 6/4 geo Louisiana. I was also wondering how long it takes for a call?
                          "Do you have an appointment?"

-Gupta Rajan

Comment

• Originally posted by Orleanian84 View Post
                            Hey I was referred to scheduling on 6/4 geo Louisiana. I was also wondering how long it takes for a call?
                            FYI, buddy of mine got the call for Lake Charles last week. MHC said nothing else in the state had openings.

Comment

• Originally posted by shawal16 View Post
                              I swear, the person who reviews my tape is going to have a first class laugh. I actually practiced during the practice scenarios. Which I think I am the only one that did that, and the tape was running.

My TO is for PA. I agree we have very similar timelines. Does your CASS show your Background info as received. Mine still has it that they didn't receive it. I am starting to worry.
                              under background investigation it says "We have not received the background investigation documentation which is required to begin your investigation".

i thought this was because they couldnt start your BI intill you pass the medical, i have no clue though i hope everything is ok

Comment

• Originally posted by will0861 View Post
                                How long did it take to get it cleared up? I guess I'm concerned that my response is going to sit at the bottom of the stack for another two or three months.
                                It took about a week for the medical NOPA to be cleared. I also had one for security. I received the security one The beginning of January and had a job offer at the beginning of March.
                                But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11324 users online. 388 members and 10936 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X