300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello all!

Anyone taking test in Atlanta this wednesday? Staying on target and positive.
    CBP
    WrittenTest: 12/2010
    NOR: 1/25/11
    T.O. 6/21/11
    Med & PFT1 7/25/11
    VBT/Interview: 8/10/11[/B][/B]

ISO
    Written Test 8/22/11

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
      Anyone who tested on the 6th get an NOR yet?
      I took it friday, didnt the lady say it takes anywhere from 2-4 weeks ?

Comment

• Lady said 3-5 weeks lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by OchoTres View Post
          That's good news for us. Out of the 40 or so people taking the exam there was a great deal of people that seemed to not take it serious.
          I agree. There were people there that showed up seemingly not prepared or serious about the test. At least I know I did my best and gave myself the best shot possible. I traveled about 2 1/2-3 hours each way to take the test so I should have taken it seriously.

Comment

• Im scheduled to take my exam this Friday (17th) 8am in San Diego... wish me luck. Anybody else?
            CBPO
            CA SWB Location
            Application Date: 11/17/10
            Exam Date: 12/17/10
            NOR: 02/01/11- Passed
            TSLP1: 06/14/11
            TSLP2: 06/15/11
            Medical & Fitness: Passed
            B.I.: 06/15/11: Pending
            VBT/SI: 9/1/11: Pending

Comment

• Originally posted by Geologik1 View Post
              Im scheduled to take my exam this Friday (17th) 8am in San Diego... wish me luck. Anybody else?
              Good luck with the test. I'm sure you will do fine. Just be prepared to endure the wait...

Comment

• Anyone else take the test in Bensalem PA yesterday the 15th? I couldn't believe how many people were their. I would say atleast 150+, and a line at the door about an hour before the test atleast 50 people long. I agree though that this test was more "disfunctional" than that of the BPA test. How long does it usually take to get the NOR via email? I know the mailed version takes several weeks, but I received my results in my email in about a week or so.

Comment

• Originally posted by Daking0fqueens View Post
                  What's a better career? CBPO or BPA? Salary difference?
                  CBPO's are on the GS scale and are covered for overtime under COPRA. I believe that BPA's are on the GL scale.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1806 View Post
                    CBPO's are on the GS scale and are covered for overtime under COPRA. I believe that BPA's are on the GL scale.
                    Even those differences are mute when a person is above GS-10. The GL scale only goes that high. CBPO's have COPRA which is double time O/T and a couple other goodies, while BPA's are on AUO which is essentially 25% of base pay for at 25% more work, although they can work more than 10 hours O/T in a week. BPA also receive 1.5 O/T for things like scheduled training, travel etc.
                    But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• I just took my exam last Monday in Aliso Viejo and I have some questions about the process. Are the results of the test based only on the Logical Reasoning, Math and Writing questions? If that is the case how come some people get more than 105. Veteran points are only 5 points. Someone told me that this time they will only call people with a test result above 90, does anyone know if this is true?

Comment

• They are 10 point veterans; That's how some people score above 105.

As far as test results go...they'll draw down until they reach the point at which the list stalls out. Where that point is...nobody knows.
                        Being that there's likely limited hiring in the near future and probably fewer options available out there to coax applicants away, that might well mean that a higher score like 90+ will be needed. Or not,...it all depends on how it all plays out.

Comment

• FYI for those that have been in the process for a while or are just starting...

I just got off the phone today with a person from IA, and she informed me that around half of the staff there had been laid off, and that the BI process will take longer for anyone going through it right now and those that come in... She also mentioned that OPM was playing a greater role now with this particular step.

I don't have a hook up in IA, she was just calling to clarify some of the information on my references from the SF-86.
                          CBPO
                          Written: 08/29/2007
                          EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                            FYI for those that have been in the process for a while or are just starting...

I just got off the phone today with a person from IA, and she informed me that around half of the staff there had been laid off, and that the BI process will take longer for anyone going through it right now and those that come in... She also mentioned that OPM was playing a greater role now with this particular step.

I don't have a hook up in IA, she was just calling to clarify some of the information on my references from the SF-86.
                            Sounds like more double talk, excuses and baloney to me. The majority of the "work" is done by the actual investigators out beating the streets. The investigators are retired agents and cops who work when and where they choose. Those people cant get laid off. So Yoda, was waiting for you to say you had some good news, but instead more beating around the bush?

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                              At least they haven't placed your folder on that same BI's desk again.. hopefully you will get a call SOON Yoda...

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                                The investigators are retired agents and cops who work when and where they choose. Those people cant get laid off.
                                Actually there are two types of investigators out there, the retired cops who are paid by the interview and the actual IA background investigators. Some of these guys were retired Agents but they were CBP employees and they did final ajudication of the contract workers job, and more complex investigations. They cut back on the number of them after the hiring frenzy was over for the Border Patrol. Now the ones left are spread thinner than peanut butter on a bum's sandwich.
                                Life is what happens while you are waiting for something better to come along.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6426 users online. 323 members and 6103 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X