Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• all you guys that just took the test, just to let you know this is a LONG LONG deal. i took my test in july of 08, did my fitness test, drug test, interview and background in the first half of 09 was put into TSU Aug 7 2009 that was 16 months ago and I am sitting around waiting for the call to go to FLETC just like everyone else. FLETC has been a CBP dead zone for about 2 years now. how ever with all of you testing, and with a FY 11 budget pending I can only hope that they will start to higher again. I know they are short handed not just at the south border but all over the USA. with people leaving, getting canned or retire they have spots all over the place! but sit back and relax its going to take some time!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Daking0fqueens View Post
      Maybe I should apply to border patrol.
      Why not apply for both or many of the other career annoucements that are available? Take whichever calls first and by the time CBP calls (or whatever is your first choice), you'll already have had a year or two under your belt and be able to jump ship. No one can predict when the economy is going to improve, so don't put all of your eggs in one basket. Apply for everything - even the ones you think you are not qualified for. All it takes is an hour or so out of your time to send in an application. All they can say is, "No." But at least you tried.

Comment

Maybe I should apply to border patrol.
        BP has slowed down some too, not to the extent of the CBPO process. I took the Border Patrol test recently and I called a couple of weeks ago inquiring about the state of hiring and get an idea of when I can expect a tentative offer . The human resources lady told me they aren't sending out TOs until January at the earliest. Testers as far back as mid October still haven't received, and will not get a TO until then. I've also read some other posts where med/fitness tests have been temporarily suspended too due to the budget. From what I've read polys are still being administered though, so they are still processing applicants depending on where they are in the hiring process.
        Last edited by rbakous1; 12-10-2010, 11:29 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thoughtless View Post
          Why not apply for both or many of the other career annoucements that are available? Take whichever calls first and by the time CBP calls (or whatever is your first choice), you'll already have had a year or two under your belt and be able to jump ship. No one can predict when the economy is going to improve, so don't put all of your eggs in one basket. Apply for everything - even the ones you think you are not qualified for. All it takes is an hour or so out of your time to send in an application. All they can say is, "No." But at least you tried.
          Best advice thus far.

Comment

• They are hiring 200+ additional southern border Officers. That's on top of whatever they decide to hire to cover for those leave because they quit, get fired, retire, die, etc. What the total number of new hires will be...who knows?
            Expect limited hiring pretty much everywhere. Expect the main focus to be the southern border, since that's the current hotspot.

Comment

• Why not apply for both or many of the other career annoucements that are available? Take whichever calls first and by the time CBP calls (or whatever is your first choice), you'll already have had a year or two under your belt and be able to jump ship. No one can predict when the economy is going to improve, so don't put all of your eggs in one basket. Apply for everything - even the ones you think you are not qualified for. All it takes is an hour or so out of your time to send in an application. All they can say is, "No." But at least you tried.

Originally posted by Daking0fqueens View Post
              Best advice thus far.
              I agree 100 percent.
              Last edited by rbakous1; 12-10-2010, 01:09 PM.

Comment

• What's the death rate of CBP personnel down south?

Comment

What's the death rate of CBP personnel down south?
                  You mean LOD deaths? Not high.

Comment

• Is it true, Mexican drug cartel are trying to kill as many border patrol agents as possible?

Comment

• Just got done with the test, i have to say it was one of the most unpleasant experiences of my life, but im really glad its over with, at least i did my part now its outta my hands.

Comment

• I just can't believe it took 5 hours...I pretty much wanted to shoot myself, but I'm glad it's over. Only 40 people tested in Norfolk today.

Comment

• I don't care about how long it was. But I didn't have enough time for the 1st (reading logical) and 2 (math) part. Maybe just 10- 15 more mins on each. The questions on the written test are much harder than the ones in the study book they sent me. I guessed about 10 of all. I know I passed though. =/

Comment

• I tested in Norfolk on monday. Around 40 people tested. The math section was no joke.

Comment

• Damn right.

Comment

• Long time lurker, first time to post here.

I passed the written test back in 2009 and had to re-test. I was under the impression that the written test was revised, making my previous score invalid. I drove from the bay area to San Diego for the 12-10-2010 test date. The first time I took the written in San Francisco there were 30 of us. Today there were 165 candidates. I was worried about what to expect in the new test. Turns out I got the same exact exam as last time; word for word, number for number.

Anyway, best wishes to everyone currently testing.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7761 users online. 353 members and 7408 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X