Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone taking the test in Norfolk? Also, my co-worker in the CG told me that Dulles is another location that needs people aside from the southern border, any truth to this?

Comment

• The test was tough. Also not enough time!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Arewethereyet View Post
        Anyone taking the test in Norfolk? Also, my co-worker in the CG told me that Dulles is another location that needs people aside from the southern border, any truth to this?
        There are many POE's that need people, others are overstaffed... The reality is that the only funding alloted for CBPO's is for the SWB and that's for about 220-250 new officers. If anyone, that's not for that section of the country, is called with an offer in the next year He/She is a lucky SOB!... The current pipeline of applicants in TSU and/or waiting for their BI's to be cleared is healthy, all of those applicants with TO's from 07'-08'-09' will take precedence, before any new test takers come into play. Take the test and forget about it, is the best advice I can give any new applicant.
        CBPO
        Written: 08/29/2007
        EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• How do you know 250 cbpo in the sw they need?

Comment

• Originally posted by Daking0fqueens View Post
            How do you know 250 cbpo in the sw they need?
            Well in 2007 the attrition rate for officers was around 10% or about 70 officers per pay period. Not sure what it is now, but these numbers of hires needed all revolve around the every day goings on at certain poe's. If 200 people quit at one poe tommorrow, they have to replace these people, not just on the sw border. There is no set number, so dont get too discouraged. Your real focus should be on the poe that you selected to possibly work at.

Comment

How do you know 250 cbpo in the sw they need?
              In August, an emergency bill was passed to fund 2000 or so officers to man the southwest border. Of those 2000, CBPOs were alloted 250 and the rest going to the Border Patrol. According to the "recent" calls from this board and on delphi, the TSU line for the southwest border dates back to TOs from late 2008 (for San Diego) to April 2009 (for Arizona). In other words, if you're just recently testing, stand by to stand by.

Comment

The test was tough. Also not enough time!!
                I was down to the wire on both the first and third sections. The math and other two sections were a breeze. I am still wondering how this test differed from the prior version, I have the old study guide and it was the same material. If a Vet (of the CBPO tests) wants to shed light on this for me, please pm me.

I am hoping we all got good grades.

Comment

• On another note,

Was anyone at the Philly test yesterday morning?

One of the Proctors opened the side door to the test room I was in and the line was still down the hallway. Then I heard her say to the Proctor at the entrance door "We are full, all seats are full, we have to start the test now (9:35ish)......tell the rest of them on line to call and reschedule" I could not believe what I heard. Did anyone on here get turned away yesterday? Just wondering.

Comment

• If chances are so slim, why did they list for 25,000 applicants?
                    I live in NYC and work for TSA at LGA. I applied for West Texas, hoping it would increase my chances of being selected. All this info I'm reading make me want to choose a different career route...

Comment

If chances are so slim, why did they list for 25,000 applicants?
                      I live in NYC and work for TSA at LGA. I applied for West Texas, hoping it would increase my chances of being selected. All this info I'm reading make me want to choose a different career route...
                      Answer is simple... To have a ready pool of applicants for the next 3-4 years.
                      Simply working for TSA or applying to W. Texas... if not for a Border POE, will not increase your chances. Ride TSA and keep applying to different Agencies, one will eventually bite... By all means don't put your eggs in one basket.
                      This is not an expedited process, before 2007, it took 3-4 years to hire someone with Customs... Then came 2008 and beginning of 09' where they were in a hiring frenzy... and then a sudden halt. I was unlucky enough to get a hang up on my BI that lead to me missing the frenzy and here I am since 2007 still waiting. I have submitted paperwork 4 times already, and done every other test 3 times as well...
                      Be ready to wait buddy you've only completed the first step, taking the test, now you just have to move along as if nothing ever happened. If you do ever get a TO then you'll know that you're progressing.
                      CBPO
                      Written: 08/29/2007
                      EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• How long till I get my test results if I tested yesterday?

Comment

If chances are so slim, why did they list for 25,000 applicants?
                          The reason they keep putting out announcements and giving tests is simple. The hiring department has to justify their existence and budget. Even though they have enough people in TSU to fulfill all the agencies needs for the next few years they have to keep putting applicants through the wringer otherwise they would lose their jobs and have their budget cut for the next FY.

Comment

• Originally posted by ringo3727
                            My NOR took a week or so.

Scored 89.6.

I scored higher on the TEA, but lower on the ICE; go figure.
                            Thats a good score. Too bad you couldnt have squeezed out an extra half a point somewhere as 90 is a step above say 80-89 as far as t.o.'s going out. Did you get your NOR in the mail or email?

Comment

• Originally posted by imlikeaninja View Post
                              The reason they keep putting out announcements and giving tests is simple. The hiring department has to justify their existence and budget. Even though they have enough people in TSU to fulfill all the agencies needs for the next few years they have to keep putting applicants through the wringer otherwise they would lose their jobs and have their budget cut for the next FY.
                              Hard to say for sure. Maybe they have alot of old timers up for retirement in the next 1-2 yrs or certain POE's are requesting additional manpower, etc. Im not buying this whole "they are only hiring 200 people for SWB, so if you didnt apply there forget it" talk. If anyone knew exactly how hiring practices worked with any degree of accuracy within CBP, this forum would be about 800 pages less than it is.

Comment

• Maybe I should apply to border patrol.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4060 users online. 200 members and 3860 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X