Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone looked over the study guide they gave? Is it beneficial at all?

Comment

• Originally posted by P_K View Post
      Has anyone looked over the study guide they gave? Is it beneficial at all?
      Yes it does help. The questions are based on the study guide they give.

Comment

• hey guys, I'm going for BP also. Passed the test (94), got all forms filled out, and passed the oral last week. Next step is BI and medical, hopefully that can get done soon. Question, are polygraphs mandatory now or are they administered on a case to case basis?? thanks and good luck to everyone

U.S. Border Patrol
        EOD - 10/2011 SW, TX

Comment

• Originally posted by Allistar View Post
          hey guys, I'm going for BP also. Passed the test (94), got all forms filled out, and passed the oral last week. Next step is BI and medical, hopefully that can get done soon. Question, are polygraphs mandatory now or are they administered on a case to case basis?? thanks and good luck to everyone
          I was told BP is 100% going for polygraphs on ALL applicants. However, I don't know if that's on paper. I was told this by a CBP Special Agent. Secondly, I believe all CBPO applicants are in the same boat, however, there are people making TSU without having to take a polygraph. Others are being called at random times after they have been placed in TSU (like myself) to take the polygraph. There is really no rhyme or reason with the CBPO polygraph but it would not shock me if they too are going to polygraph 100% of their applicants. If the rumors are true that approximately 60% of the applicants are failing the polygraph... I would say that's more of a reason to keep it unless they can prove there is something wrong with the testing (i.e. it's unfair for whatever reason...).

I hope that helped.

Comment

• Originally posted by seeOH View Post
            I was told this by a CBP Special Agent.
            That's a new one.

Comment

• Originally posted by ronimus View Post
              Hi all, been lurking around the forums a bit but otherwise pretty new.
              I re took the exam in PA yesterday 12/6. I'd like to say that I did well on it but don't wanna jinx myself.
              Good luck to all !
              I knew there had to be atleast one other person there from the forum.

Comment

• Originally posted by CBPO I View Post
                That's a new one.

He's a BP Special Agent (Internal Affairs). I said CBP Special Agent because he also works a lot with customs and he identified himself as a "Special Agent with Customs and Border Protection" when I originally met him.

I am not making up titles.

Comment

• Originally posted by ronimus View Post
                  Hi all, been lurking around the forums a bit but otherwise pretty new.
                  I re took the exam in PA yesterday 12/6. I'd like to say that I did well on it but don't wanna jinx myself.
                  Good luck to all !
                  I hope you did good on the math because I know my brain exploded after that section.
                  BPA:
                  Test: 08/2010; BI Interview: 05/2011; TSU: 07/28/2011; EOD: 8/29

Comment

• Originally posted by seeOH View Post
                    I was told BP is 100% going for polygraphs on ALL applicants. However, I don't know if that's on paper. I was told this by a CBP Special Agent. Secondly, I believe all CBPO applicants are in the same boat, however, there are people making TSU without having to take a polygraph. Others are being called at random times after they have been placed in TSU (like myself) to take the polygraph. There is really no rhyme or reason with the CBPO polygraph but it would not shock me if they too are going to polygraph 100% of their applicants. If the rumors are true that approximately 60% of the applicants are failing the polygraph... I would say that's more of a reason to keep it unless they can prove there is something wrong with the testing (i.e. it's unfair for whatever reason...).

I hope that helped.
                    Thanks Seeoh, clarified things a bit. 60% wow, kind of makes you wonder how accurate these polygraphs are.

U.S. Border Patrol
                    EOD - 10/2011 SW, TX

Comment

• Anyone going down to Springfield, IL on Tuesday for the test?

Comment

• Took the test on 12/6 in Detroit and it wasn't that much different from the BP exam for those of you that took it. The math can be a little tricky if you haven't had in a while, but it's no more than a High School level. It does take the full amount of time because you cannot leave until time expires for each section. There were about 300-400 people there, and I'm sure there are more testing sessions. The guy next to me is trying to get into LE as well. You can look around and see the people that legit want to get into this field and those that want a job because they are unemployed. Sucks when you think about it "Michigan - few vacancies". Don't plan on going forward in the process for quite some time.
                        Serving since 2013

Comment

• I know a few people from another forum who had their EOD date rescinded due to the federal government spending bill not being passed. With the catch all federal spending bill passing in the House last night, how long before calls start resuming again? Besides me, anyone else in TSU for the southwest border licking at their chops?

Comment

• Originally posted by Thoughtless View Post
                            I know a few people from another forum who had their EOD date rescinded due to the federal government spending bill not being passed. With the catch all federal spending bill passing in the House last night, how long before calls start resuming again? Besides me, anyone else in TSU for the southwest border licking at their chops?
                            Yes! But I also spent last Christmas thinking my call was right around the corner...

Comment

• Ha! I've spent 3 thanksgivings looking like a fool at the dinner table. The current economic situation has helped some people understand as of this past thanksgiving.
                              CBPO
                              GEO - NY/JFK
                              TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
                              PE Forms - Completed
                              Fitness - Completed
                              VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                              Drug Screen - Completed
                              Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                              B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                              Medical - 05/09 - Completed
                              TSU

EOD: ???
                              FLETC: ???

Comment

• Hey everyone! anyone else in Buffalo tonight taking the test tomorrow???
                                Last edited by FLEOHopeful; 12-09-2010, 01:20 PM. Reason: wrong choice of words

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9351 users online. 425 members and 8926 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X