Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody taking the test down in the philly area on Dec 15th 9AM?

Comment

• Is the exam graded as a total score,meaning percentages from all parts are counted together ? Or do you have to have a passing score on each section to pass? I took the test yesterday and while I know I passed 5 of the 6 sections, the math section was tough and I know I got more wrong then right

Comment

• Originally posted by OchoTres View Post
        Is the exam graded as a total score,meaning percentages from all parts are counted together ? Or do you have to have a passing score on each section to pass? I took the test yesterday and while I know I passed 5 of the 6 sections, the math section was tough and I know I got more wrong then right
        You will be graded as a total score of 100.
        This has been repeatedly discussed and if I remember correctly there was some information on scoring on the announcement itself.
        Minimum passing score is 70, Maximum is 100, but those that score 100 and have Vet Pref will be scored at 110 with the added points. TO's will go out according to projected available slots and in order of scores (higher first) for each geo location.
        CBPO
        Written: 08/29/2007
        EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
          You will be graded as a total score of 100.
          This has been repeatedly discussed and if I remember correctly there was some information on scoring on the announcement itself.
          Minimum passing score is 70, Maximum is 100, but those that score 100 and have Vet Pref will be scored at 110 with the added points. TO's will go out according to projected available slots and in order of scores (higher first) for each geo location.
          thanks. I remember that the CBP agent exam was graded in a way that you had to pass each section with a certain percentage,or so I was told.

Comment

• Question about the poly, i've hear something like 30% of truthful people fail. If for some reason one does, will you loose the offer? i've seen a few guys on here say they failed but know if they got kicked out of the process. Got mine coming up and nothing to hide but what if??? thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by HPPD#48 View Post
              Question about the poly, i've hear something like 30% of truthful people fail. If for some reason one does, will you loose the offer? i've seen a few guys on here say they failed but know if they got kicked out of the process. Got mine coming up and nothing to hide but what if??? thanks
              In theory... if you fail the poly you should be eliminated from the process. I'm not totally sure that there's a way to fight it if you know the results are wrong. The poly is not as bad as it may sound, or I just had a great experience with the agent that administered mine, but you shouldn't stress out about it. Go in well rested, well fed and some snacks. It will take some time to go through the whole thing.
              CBPO
              Written: 08/29/2007
              EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by HPPD#48 View Post
                Question about the poly, i've hear something like 30% of truthful people fail. If for some reason one does, will you loose the offer? i've seen a few guys on here say they failed but know if they got kicked out of the process. Got mine coming up and nothing to hide but what if??? thanks
                I agree with what Yoda said because most people that fail are eliminated from the process right away. However, I would have to say that from everything I have read and heard I would suggest that there are varying degrees of failure. Now I am no expert with polygraphs but there are false positives and inconclusive tests. Some people that might 'barley' fail the polygraph have been offered the chance to take it again or take it with another examiner. That is not always the case. If you completely blow the polygraph i.e. you show signs of deception a lot or you begin to ramble about your background and it differs from your signed/sworn written background... then most likely you will be dismissed like most of the polygraph failures.

A lot of people don't agree with the polygraph and I would not read into the polygraph like some people do. Go there. Be honest. Get a good night of sleep and be comfortable. If you are uncomfortable then something is wrong. I hope this makes sense. I have taken more then 5 polygraphs and I have never had a problem. Then again I have friends that never did anything wrong and failed or had 'inconclusive' tests and had to re-do them (not with DHS). I think they would agree that being comfortable (in your conscience and physically {i.e. you slept well, had a decent breakfast}) is probably the most important part to passing the polygraph. If your uncomfortable.... fix it.

I hope that helps.

Comment

• My test starts at 10am. Should I bring a snack with me? Is it really going to take all of the 4 hours and 50 minutes they say it will?

Comment

• Hi all, been lurking around the forums a bit but otherwise pretty new.
                    I re took the exam in PA yesterday 12/6. I'd like to say that I did well on it but don't wanna jinx myself.
                    Good luck to all !

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                      In theory... if you fail the poly you should be eliminated from the process. I'm not totally sure that there's a way to fight it if you know the results are wrong. The poly is not as bad as it may sound, or I just had a great experience with the agent that administered mine, but you shouldn't stress out about it. Go in well rested, well fed and some snacks. It will take some time to go through the whole thing.
                      I think they are looking for discrepencies against what you put on your security forms, etc and signed claiming it was truthful. If they asked you have you ever served in the military and you said "yes" and it came back as deceptive BUT they have your dd-214 on file saying you did, they arent going to kick you out of the process. The poly i believe is "part" of the total BI not its own hiring step. That is why it isnt on CASS.

Comment

• Originally posted by OchoTres View Post
                        Is the exam graded as a total score,meaning percentages from all parts are counted together ? Or do you have to have a passing score on each section to pass? I took the test yesterday and while I know I passed 5 of the 6 sections, the math section was tough and I know I got more wrong then right
                        Im not positive, but i think it is cumulative points. Like they say, you dont get penalized for wrong answers. If the total number of correct weighted answers for the whole test is over 70, you should pass. Unfortunately, i dont think 70 is gonna cut it for getting a t.o. anymore. There were like 400-500 people at the detroit testing center alone on monday, so hope for at least like an 85-90ish score.

Comment

• ^^ You took the test monday at cobo, im taking mine this friday

Comment

• Took mine yesterday. Now just a waiting game

Comment

• ^^ Did it take the whole 4.5 hours to complete ?

Comment

• Originally posted by 2Eagles View Post
                                ^^ Did it take the whole 4.5 hours to complete ?
                                It does. Each section is given a specific amount of time. So even if you finish a section before the time is up you have to wait.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8465 users online. 432 members and 8033 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X