Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by ee78 View Post
    Yoda, I like you took the test for the LA, Long Beach sector in April of 2009. Just last May I was asked via email if
    I wanted to change my location. So I changed it to the Southwestern sector. I should have applied there from the
    get go but I had no idea how the process worked. I recently reapplied for the new opening and got the TO three
    days later. So I canceled to take the news exam. So I guess my old exam still worked for this one. Go figure. Does
    anyone know how many positions CBPO is looking to fill? And if the new positions are to cover attrition or to expand?
    The few times I've heard of them calling to offer a Geo change it was prior to them getting a TO. I took the test at the Long Beach Convention Center in Aug 2007 and was handed my TO the same day...
    I'm sure your TO came from when you changed locations and not from reapplying, and they did something that finally made some sense in this process, a rarity with the G. The budget that was passed had 220 or so slots for new CBPO's in the SWB, and as to how many more could e hired because of retirements and attrition... who knows. I'd say you're in a good spot right now.
    CBPO
    Written: 08/29/2007
    EOD: July 11, 2011

    Comment


    • Originally posted by ee78 View Post
      Yoda, I like you took the test for the LA, Long Beach sector in April of 2009. Just last May I was asked via email if
      I wanted to change my location. So I changed it to the Southwestern sector. I should have applied there from the
      get go but I had no idea how the process worked. I recently reapplied for the new opening and got the TO three
      days later. So I canceled to take the news exam. So I guess my old exam still worked for this one. Go figure. Does
      anyone know how many positions CBPO is looking to fill? And if the new positions are to cover attrition or to expand?
      It might take a while, but you'll eventually get a job. They are expanding the San Ysidro Port of Entry, potenitally building a second POE at Otay Mesa, and potentially building a terminal for the Tijuana Airport on the US side of the Border, which will presumably require CBPO's. All of this will take time, but as these projects are completed and the economy improves there will be some vacancies.

      SYS (in progress) - http://www.gsa.gov/portal/content/104872

      East Otay (proposed) - http://www.10news.com/news/25832722/detail.html

      Airport (proposed) - http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2...inal-advances/

      It might take a while, but they should need us down here one day.

      Comment


      • I'll be retesting later this month... Originally put NJ down as geographic preference. Who would I contact to change preference to SWB? MHC?

        Comment


        • yes, contact them.

          Comment


          • Boy i need to start reviewing this material test is in 9 days for me, actually 8 days now its 2 am lol

            Does anybody have a link to the newest study guide?
            Last edited by 2Eagles; 12-01-2010, 08:38 PM.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by 2Eagles View Post
              Boy i need to start reviewing this material test is in 9 days for me, actually 8 days now its 2 am lol

              Does anybody have a link to the newest study guide?
              Normally if you got a test admission notice, they would send a copy of that with the latest and greatest study guide. If you havent had one mailed to you, just go off the one on the CBP website. Same basic info, i mean fractions and decimals haven't changed even if the test has. Of course if i know the process, your study guide will be in your mailbox when you've just gotten home from your exam.

              Comment


              • study from the lsat book or tea book

                Comment


                • Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                  Normally if you got a test admission notice, they would send a copy of that with the latest and greatest study guide. If you havent had one mailed to you, just go off the one on the CBP website. Same basic info, i mean fractions and decimals haven't changed even if the test has. Of course if i know the process, your study guide will be in your mailbox when you've just gotten home from your exam.
                  LOLLL, i printed the admissions notice but for the BPA position they actually sent me the admission notice at home along with a beautiful packet to study Time to hit the books, so damn busy this week i get my bachelors and i have tests galore....

                  Comment


                  • Polygraphs

                    Link
                    December 2, 2010


                    Rep. Heath Shuler introduces bill to combat Border Patrol corruption
                    STAFF REPORTS

                    Congressman Heath Shuler (D-Waynesville) yesterday introduced a bill to the U.S. House of Representatives which will crack down on and eliminate corruption in U.S. Customs and Border Patrol (CBP) agents along the American southwest border.

                    As Mexican drug cartels continue to target and bribe federal employees and attempt to plant informants in the CBP along the border, the numbers of officials being arrested on corruption charges is rising with 129 arrests made in 2009.

                    The bill introduced by Rep. Shuler authorizes a portion of emergency funds already allocated by Congress to be spent on polygraph tests for all applicants for CBP law enforcement positions and to retest current employees every five years. Polygraphs investigate the behavior and ethics of applicants and employees. Already, these tests have proven extremely successful in weeding out applicants who later fail more detailed and costly background checks.

                    While the Department of Homeland Security has already been directed by Congress to give polygraph examinations to all applicants for CBP law enforcement positions and to periodically retest law enforcement employees, insufficient funds and a drastic increase of new hires over the past 18 months, has resulted in fewer than 15 percent of applicants actually undergoing polygraph exams. The backlog for periodic reexamination of employees is estimated at 19,000.

                    “Mexican drug cartels are the driving force behind the explosion of violence in both Mexico and the southwest United States,” said Rep. Shuler. “If we are going to ensure border security and safety, we absolutely must have a strong and reliable Border Patrol force. It’s unacceptable that corrupt border patrol officials are undermining our efforts and allowing cartels to violently smuggle drugs, weapons, and people across the border into the United States.”

                    Shuler’s bill is the sister bill to S. 3243 which was introduced into the Senate by Senator Mark Pryor (D-Arkansas). S. 3243 passed through the Senate Committee on Homeland Security with unanimous bipartisan support, and later passed the Senate under Unanimous Consent.

                    Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano wrote recently, “rigorous initial investigations and regular, periodic reinvestigations are essential tools to combat corruption.”
                    Last edited by TuffStuffCBP; 12-04-2010, 07:04 AM.
                    CBPO
                    GEO - NY/JFK
                    TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

                    TO - 01/09
                    PE Forms - Completed
                    Fitness - Completed
                    VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                    Drug Screen - Completed
                    Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                    B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                    Medical - 05/09 - Completed
                    TSU


                    EOD: ???
                    FLETC: ???

                    Comment


                    • i dont know whats the big deal about Polygraph test if u have done right u dont have nothing to worry about for those of u that do don't take the written test...

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by LEO2010 View Post
                        i dont know whats the big deal about Polygraph test if u have done right u dont have nothing to worry about for those of u that do don't take the written test...
                        Are you for real?
                        Le gra'sta De' a Theim.
                        Galic: By The Grace Of God Go I.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by LEO2010 View Post
                          i dont know whats the big deal about Polygraph test if u have done right u dont have nothing to worry about for those of u that do don't take the written test...
                          Dude, have you ever seen Monty Python's Holy Grail? The scene where they come up with a logical test to try and determine whether or not the lady is a witch ..... The logic and science behind the poly is about just as reliable. There's a reason it is INADMISSIBLE in a court of law.

                          Comment


                          • I am a Veteran who recently applied to the Chicago announcement. Could you guys shed some light for me? I am scheduled to take the 6 hour test this Wednesday, and I am driving quite a distance to take it. I at some point I am offered a position, will it be in Chicago, or will they just offer me what is open?
                            Thank you in advance guys!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Robbcat View Post
                              I am a Veteran who recently applied to the Chicago announcement. Could you guys shed some light for me? I am scheduled to take the 6 hour test this Wednesday, and I am driving quite a distance to take it. I at some point I am offered a position, will it be in Chicago, or will they just offer me what is open?
                              Thank you in advance guys!
                              When you registered for the test you selected a geographic region to be considered for. If and when you complete the entire process they will offer an available position there, i.e "Illinois". I know it's usually statewide, but I can't say that's for sure throughout the entire country.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Robbcat View Post
                                I am a Veteran who recently applied to the Chicago announcement. Could you guys shed some light for me? I am scheduled to take the 6 hour test this Wednesday, and I am driving quite a distance to take it. I at some point I am offered a position, will it be in Chicago, or will they just offer me what is open?
                                Thank you in advance guys!
                                Yeah, whichever locale you selected on your application is where you would work if hired. So if you selected Michigan for example they would offer you a choice of Detroit, Detroit Metro Airport, Port Huron, Sault Saint Marie. That is of course if they are all available. They might just say Detroit land border and its that or nothing.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 7148 users online. 349 members and 6799 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X