300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T.O. arrived

My wife called and told me I had a big packet from MHC. She opened it and told me that I received a TO for CBPO. I took the exam in November 2007 in Detroit! Needless to say I am excited.

Patriot72

Comment

• So I sent off my NOPA response. I just had a few questions. I think I have a pretty good case, and I'm pretty confident in the response that I wrote. How long does it normally take to get a yes or no? Also, if I do get a no, can I appeal to any higher level? Has anyone successfully received a job offer after receiving one of these letters?

Do the letters always say notice of proposed action? My letter didn't say that, but the consequences were the same.

If anyone out there has any more info on this, I would appreciate it, and wouldn't mind a PM.

Thanks
      Last edited by will0861; 06-26-2008, 07:40 PM.
      ICE IEA

May 08 Written Test
      Feb 09 TO-Los Angeles
      March 09 Medical/PT/Drug Test
      July 09 Oral Board
      Background Started 11/16/09

EOD 11/23/09 San Bernardino
      Academy class 006 12/03/09-04/13/10

Comment

Last edited by tigers2007; 04-17-2017, 07:13 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by will0861 View Post
          So I sent off my NOPA response. I just had a few questions. I think I have a pretty good case, and I'm pretty confident in the response that I wrote. How long does it normally take to get a yes or no? Also, if I do get a no, can I appeal to any higher level? Has anyone successfully received a job offer after receiving one of these letters?

Do the letters always say notice of proposed action? My letter didn't say that, but the consequences were the same.

If anyone out there has any more info on this, I would appreciate it, and wouldn't mind a PM.

Thanks

I received two NOPAs and still was able to get the job.
          But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Does anyone know if CBPO's are entitled to tuition reimbursement?

Comment

• [QUOTE=vsgonzo;1305188]
              Originally posted by merlin436 View Post

Im 25

OK. Here's how I understand your situation to be.

You'll be eligible to retire at 50 with 25 years in,(39%-34% CBPO and 5% FERS retirement)

This is a bit dramatic...but bear with it.

Since you will be brought on before 07/06 you have no retirement age as a CBPO. You could, if you choose, work the next 60 years as as a CBPO. Your should have 20 years at "enhanced CBPO retirement" = 34% and 40 years at the standard FERS rate = 40% for a retirement at 74% of the average of your top 3 years in service.

If you jump from CBPO coverage and into another covered position, you lose your option of no mandatory retirement age and you force yourself into the mandatory retirement age of 57. You'll be eligible to retire at 50 with 25 years in,(39%-34% CBPO and 5 years FERS retirement) or you can stay up to age 57.(46%-34% CBPO and 12% FERS)

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                How old are you? If you're over 40 you're going to be out of luck.
                Are you looking to get into a Border Patrol Agent or Customs and Border Protection Officer position?

Go here:
                http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/careers/

Border Patrol is hiring 1000's today.

CBPO positions will probably open for hiring on 06/30.
                Na I'm 24 and i still have about year an half left in the marine corps. "VT04" wrote me and said that it would be a good idea to start applying while in the corps. something i need clarification on because i don't know if CBP would need my DD-214 or what. i really don't want to do Border Patrol because i did the whole chasing people around the desert in Iraq and i sure as hell don't want to do it here.

Comment

• VBT yesterday

Took the VBT yesterday and afterwards i dont think i did to hot, i hope im just under selling myself but i didnt get that "i nailed it" feeling afterwards.........

Has anyone else felt the same way afterwards and ended up passing?

Comment

• Originally posted by Goosell View Post
                    Took the VBT yesterday and afterwards i dont think i did to hot, i hope im just under selling myself but i didnt get that "i nailed it" feeling afterwards.........

Most everyone second guess themselves. Don't sweat it like I did. It will be a pass.

jrq16

Comment

I feel you. I took it on Monday. I was soo nervous, I kept stuttering. I hope they understood me.

Comment

• Originally posted by shawal16 View Post
                        I feel you. I took it on Monday. I was soo nervous, I kept stuttering. I hope they understood me.
                        same lol i felt really really awkward too during and after. i hope i pass, guess ill just have to wait two weeks lol..........**crosses fingers**

on another note looks like our timeline is very similar, where is your TO for??

Comment

same lol i felt really really awkward too during and after. i hope i pass, guess ill just have to wait two weeks lol..........**crosses fingers**

on another note looks like our timeline is very similar, where is your TO for??
                          I swear, the person who reviews my tape is going to have a first class laugh. I actually practiced during the practice scenarios. Which I think I am the only one that did that, and the tape was running.

My TO is for PA. I agree we have very similar timelines. Does your CASS show your Background info as received. Mine still has it that they didn't receive it. I am starting to worry.

Comment

• Originally posted by will0861 View Post
                            So I sent off my NOPA response. I just had a few questions. I think I have a pretty good case, and I'm pretty confident in the response that I wrote. How long does it normally take to get a yes or no? Also, if I do get a no, can I appeal to any higher level? Has anyone successfully received a job offer after receiving one of these letters?

Thanks
                            I'll give you a heads up. People will probably tell you, or you'll find out investigating it for yourself that you can appeal to the Merit Systems Protection Board or file a complaint through the Office of Special Cousel. THe problem with these things is that even though they represent applicants for jobs, they wont help you. They'll claim "lack of jurisdiction" because its an "excepted service position". Just hope they'll settle your NOPA. What was it for anyway?
                            Good Luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by shawal16 View Post
                              I swear, the person who reviews my tape is going to have a first class laugh. I actually practiced during the practice scenarios. Which I think I am the only one that did that, and the tape was running.

My TO is for PA. I agree we have very similar timelines. Does your CASS show your Background info as received. Mine still has it that they didn't receive it. I am starting to worry.

Shawal16- We have almost an identical timeline in the process.

TESTED: 3/13 Columbus, OH
                              NOR: 4/9 - 90 (N/V)
                              GEO PREFERENCE: Pennsylvania
                              TO: 5/19
                              PRE-EMPLOYMENT FORMS: 5/29
                              MEDICAL: (JUNE 24) Pending
                              FITNESS: PASSED
                              VBT: (JUNE 19- Dulles, VA) Pending
                              DRUG TEST: Pending
                              BI: Pending

Comment

• Its official the new annoucement comes out June 30, and the old one will expire.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7778 users online. 397 members and 7381 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X