Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I am to interpret what has been going on, the political push is for the border. So those who have applied or are applying there will have better odds. The other folks may not ( I don't want to say won't) be so lucky.

Comment

• Question to everyone. Can one expire from the hiring process once you've received a TO?

Comment

• Originally posted by ee78 View Post
        Question to everyone. Can one expire from the hiring process once you've received a TO?
        Yes. As a practical matter, don't expect to see it often. It would take an odd set of occurrences lining up for such a thing to happen.

Comment

Question to everyone. Can one expire from the hiring process once you've received a TO?
          Well...
          In a case similar to mine and others on my same boat, you will have to redo all the steps over every year, unless they changed to only doing Med/Fit/Drug/BI/Poly to only those that are about to be hired. I have done Med, Fit, Drug 3 times already and submitted BI (SF-86, print cards, etc.) 4 times, of course the Poly and BI interview only happens once. Then you have those that have been waiting in TSU, and they have to simply update their FCRA forms for a new check.
          If you miss sending any of these in you will be taken out of the process
          CBPO
          Written: 08/29/2007
          EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• It seems like there is conflicting info on here. Is there a Polygraph and what type of clearance is issued?

Comment

• Originally posted by SF7.62 View Post
              It seems like there is conflicting info on here. Is there a Polygraph and what type of clearance is issued?
              There can be a poly, and the goal is to get 100%, if I recall correctly. No clearance is given, as none is required for what we do. Just about the only information we have contact with is for official use only and is not classified, so a clearance is not required.
              But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Originally posted by kc12 View Post
                There can be a poly, and the goal is to get 100%, if I recall correctly. No clearance is given, as none is required for what we do. Just about the only information we have contact with is for official use only and is not classified, so a clearance is not required.
                The background for a CBPO is a SSBI. This is the same background done for positions that have a clearance. Their are some CBPO positions and job sites that require a clearance. Prior to the merge all Immigration Inspectors had a clearance that changed with the merge with Customs.

FB

Comment

• There are 3 different clearance levels that CBPO's are able to achieve during the course of their careers. Classified, Secret, and Top Secret. When you are hired and during the course of your career, you will have classified. Secret would be NTC or Top Secret would be for JTTF for examples. I hope this helps.

Comment

• Is the CBPO exam run by people that work for a testing agency or is the exam conducted by people that work for customs? I ask so that I know whether I should wear a suit or a business alternative outfit.

Comment

• To the question of "clearance" level... The BI conducted by CBP is equal to that of a TS, now why do we have to go through this high level of scrutiny if 10% of CBPO's will ever get to use that is beyond me... I have a current secret clearance with the Army and didn't even meet with an investigator, I simply submitted my paperwork and that was that.

The Exam is given by contractors, but there might be a few CBPO's on site to answer questions. You can wear whatever you want, if you have pride in yourself dress like it, don't show up looking like a "bum". When I tested in 2007 I saw quite a few testers that looked like they just woke up and came over to test... some even in flip-flops! Then again a suit might be "overkill" in this scenario, this is not an interview after all.

Best of Luck to all new testers, and keep in mind that the wait will be a bit long, you just have to keep your hopes up and move on as if you never applied.
                      CBPO
                      Written: 08/29/2007
                      EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Firebug View Post
                        The background for a CBPO is a SSBI. This is the same background done for positions that have a clearance. Their are some CBPO positions and job sites that require a clearance. Prior to the merge all Immigration Inspectors had a clearance that changed with the merge with Customs.

FB
                        Actually the SSBI is used for people requiring a TS or a TS/SCI. The SSBI completed for us also includes the LEO add-ons, so it is actually more in depth than the typical SSBI used for a TS or TS/SCI. The BI for secret and classified is much different and not nearly as in depth. This investigation is sufficient for a TS or TS/SCI to be issued, but no actual clearance at any level is issued for the typical new recruit. All that would be required is a bit of paperwork and we would have any clearance the G wanted to give us.
                        But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• I wonder if this could or would ever happen...People that just got their TO for SWB gets EOD before any other locations that are waiting since 2008/09 after the current pipeline for SWB is done.
                          TSU - 8/28/09
                          TO - 3/2009
                          On the job

Comment

• Originally posted by OchoTres View Post
                            Is the CBPO exam run by people that work for a testing agency or is the exam conducted by people that work for customs? I ask so that I know whether I should wear a suit or a business alternative outfit.
                            No it's conducted by test personnel. I've worn shorts and flip-flops to all my exams.

Comment

No it's conducted by test personnel. I've worn shorts and flip-flops to all my exams.
                              thanks. I have always worn a dress shirt/Chinos/Shoes. Not that it mattered bc I still haven't been hired for ANYTHING. I think I'll wear a tuxedo t-shirt to this exam.

Comment

• Upcoming Exam Question

This question is for you guys that previously took the exam...Do you know if you can write on the exam? Is it a scantron type exam?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9267 users online. 288 members and 8979 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X