300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by drcapp View Post
    I finally got the call- I report to my port two weeks after new years.
    congrats!! whats your timeline and location?
    TSU - 8/28/09
    TO - 3/2009
    On the job

Comment

Congrats! Buffalo?

Comment

• Originally posted by sr20 View Post
        congrats!! whats your timeline and location?
        By his previous post I would assume he's going to Buffalo.
        "All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

BP Agent GEO: CA, SW Border.
        Written Test: 10/04/10
        NOR: 11/17/10 Passed(84%).
        TSL 1: 11/17/10
        OB: 03/01/11 Passed.
        Med/PTF1: 04/19/11 Passed
        TSL 2: 04/29/11.
        e-QIP: 05/08/11
        BI Interview: 07/26/11
        Drug test: 08/05/11
        Polygraph: 02/08/2012
        CBP Officer GEO: TX, SW Border.
        Written Test: 12/09/10
        NOR: 02/01/11 Passed(84%).
        TSL 1: 06/14/11
        PTF 1: 07/20/11Passed.
        VBT: 09/07/11 Passed

Comment

Congratulations! Could you please provide some more details, like: POE and or FLETC date and class. What happens when they call?
          Le gra'sta De' a Theim.
          Galic: By The Grace Of God Go I.

Comment

• Hello all,

This is my first time posting, but I visit this forum many times each day to read about the status of other applicants and those of us waiting for an EOD. I received my TO Jan 09 and recently recieved a call to EOD in January for a position in Arizona. Unfortunately, because the budget has not been passed I was told all classes in January were cancelled and no scheduled EOD dates will be set until the budget is finalized.

I would like to thank everyone on this site for helping me get through this long process and I will continue to visit this forum for the valuable information and guidance that is spoken. I hope sometime in the near future I can help others and assist the best I can with questions when I do finally achieve that "Holy Grail" that we all are waiting for.

Comment

Hey congrats! What was your TO date?
              CBPO
              Test: July 2008
              TO: 12/26/08
              VBT 1/21/09-passed
              Medical - 1/21/09 - cleared 4/28
              Fitness - 1/21/09 - passed
              Drug test - 2/5/09- passed
              BI - Cleared
              TSU -4/29/09 (Buffalo)
              BI2 - cleared 8/11

ICE Special Agent
              Test 7/22/09 passed

Comment

• Originally posted by sr20 View Post
                Any CBPO in WA, Northern Borders here? Are you guys overstaffed there?
                The recent announcement has openings for the Northern Border. It's safe to assume that they're not.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1806 View Post
                  The recent announcement has openings for the Northern Border. It's safe to assume that they're not.
                  It really depends on the port. It's hard to say though. Some guys at some ports will tell you they feel that they are over staffed whereas others will say they are under staffed. It's more of an administrative thing in the long run. The announcement might say there are a few vacancies but it doesn't mean that they will hire there anytime soon. On the flip side... they may. Just like the rest of us... I wouldn't hold your breath. They'll most likely hire for the SW border before they hire for the north. Drcapp's EOD is an exception. That's the first EOD for up north I've heard of in over a year... if I remember correctly.

Speaking of EOD's.... how ridiculous is it that MHC is calling people with PFT2's and EOD's but it's contingent upon the budget being passed. Talk about messing up your two week notice for your current employer! I would be scared to lose a good paying job and a job period (if you have one or the other) and then not actually have a firm offer or position available with CBP!!!

Drcapp... give me some details! EOD date? Port? What's up?

Comment

• The average CBPO isn't likely in the loop as far as target staffing numbers go, unless he works in a small port. Even then...it's just a soft number; mid/upper level management can and will play with staffing levels to suit whatever purpose(s).

Comment

• Regarding hiring and polygraphs... the Anti Border Corruption Act provided funding for all the polygraphs taking place. In order to determine the necessary funds required to perform the polygraphs, CBP had to estimate (emphasis on "estimate") the number of new hires over the next few years. Here's an excerpt from the Act:

"...in 2011, the agency expects to administer polygraphs to about 40 percent of the individuals hired for those positions. CBP plans to hire about 2,000 law enforcement officers in each of fiscal years 2013 through 2015. Thus, CBO expects that about 800 polygraphs will be administered in each of those years under current practice. S. 3243 would require CBP to administer polygraph examinations to all applicants for law enforcement positions before those individuals are hired."

It's hard to say what this means for hiring in 2011/2012, but I do believe the bill was passed as its presented above, leading to polygraphs being initiated on new hires. The full document is available on the web here: http://www.cbo.gov/ftpdocs/119xx/doc11914/s3243.pdf.

Comment

• Well, I would not suspect much happening until Congress can come up with a budget to keep the government going beyond next month. S3243 will probably die in committee this go around, time is not on it's side. You won't see many classes start at FLETC without new funding. As you may have noticed the calls are for AFTER the first of the year with classes in Feb.

Very few Ports are "overstaffed" as they were staffed for last years work load. The world may have changed and left them with less work, but that is also subject to change. When the Canadian Dollar gains strength, more Canadians travel making for more work at the Canadian border. Canadian dollar levels off, and less work. Most CBPO's say they are overstaffed if they don't cap on OT, which only means that there was not enough work to provide that level of work to be done that year. Those locations on the last test that said "few vacancies" mean that they will only have vacancies not based on an increase in the number of officers. Many Vacancies means they will be adding officers, and expect to add within the life of that list.

Hope this helps in your speculations.
                        Life is what happens while you are waiting for something better to come along.

Comment

• Just got a call today to take a poly. Any one here take it yet? And has any one that has taken it rec a call for eod?
                          Thanks Hppd

Comment

• Well it turns out "the call" i got was some sick joke someone was playing on me. I called the hiring center and they informed me that i was still waiting for my poly to clear. I thought it was a little fishy-because the officer conducting my poly said they were not going to be hiring in buffalo for sometime. He said only SW is going to be hiring. Bummer

Comment

Well it turns out "the call" i got was some sick joke someone was playing on me. I called the hiring center and they informed me that i was still waiting for my poly to clear. I thought it was a little fishy-because the officer conducting my poly said they were not going to be hiring in buffalo for sometime. He said only SW is going to be hiring. Bummer
                              I don't know whether to laugh or cry for you. I started to laugh but then the wind went out of my sail after I realized that's going to affect the rest of us. Bummer big time.

Comment

Well it turns out "the call" i got was some sick joke someone was playing on me. I called the hiring center and they informed me that i was still waiting for my poly to clear. I thought it was a little fishy-because the officer conducting my poly said they were not going to be hiring in buffalo for sometime. He said only SW is going to be hiring. Bummer
                                You got some mean buddies.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9930 users online. 378 members and 9552 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X