300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internal Affairs

Has anyone ever tried to contact Internal Affairs directly to follow up on background paperwork of any sort? If so, did you have any luck?

MHC told me that my yearly FCRA update papers are with IA... but after 5 months I'm becoming more and more concerned that something got lost. When/if the new budget passes, I'd be really disappointed (to put it mildly) if I get passed over for an EOD because my form got shoved under a desk somewhere months ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by ZODIAC76 View Post
      Well I applied AGAIN to take the written test. I was just curious to see what they would say after my "failed" polygraph test in June. Gave them the info about the test date and it let me sign up again. I'm scheduled to take the written exam on Dec. 6 if they don't come back and tell me I'm not eligible to take it again. I want this job bad enough that I'm willing to go through the whole hiring process again. This time I applied for SW border(previously in L.A./Long Beach) in Texas. I already live down here so I figured why not? Let's see what happens this time. :-/
      Well im pretty sure that as long as you didnt get "debarred" for a determined amount of time (ie, you get a letter saying you arent eligible to apply for a federal position for 2 years), then you can re-apply for any job you wish.

Comment

• Does this mean You are still in the pool waiting for an eod?? I applied and passed everything and have been in tsu since 08 aswell. Ive kept everything up to date and sent any updated info or requested forms. cass system still shows me as awaiting eod. I hope this means were still in pool and ahead of all these new applicants.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gbeck422 View Post
          After reading the list of open locations, I'm increasingly frustrated. I tested back in 2008 and received my TO back in May of 2009. I selected the Saint Thomas, VI location... which is also listed in this 2010 announcement as having open positions. So, what the hell?? How can they say there are open positions and need to test more people for that location when I have been waiting for nearly 2 years for this location?????
          Does this mean You are still in the pool waiting for an eod?? I applied and passed everything and have been in tsu since 08 aswell. Ive kept everything up to date and sent any updated info or requested forms. cass system still shows me as awaiting eod. I hope this means were still in pool and ahead of all these new applicants.

Comment

• what is the starting salary for gl-5??

Comment

• Originally posted by scope215 View Post
              what is the starting salary for gl-5??
              CBP is on the GS scale, not the GL scale and is also covered by COPRA for overtime.

Comment

• Originally posted by tigers2007 View Post
                Anyone know what happened to the current hiring campaign? The announcement does state that it goes from Nov. 16 to 23 yet if you click on the test registration website link it states that it was only from Nov. 16 to 19. I saw the special note stating that it would close after 25,000 registrations for the exam. My only concern is that it does NOT state this at the CBP Officer test registration web site -- it only states that it was open for registration from Nov. 16 to 19. I've been telling friends and family "Well I told you to apply as soon as possible" constantly for the past day.
                25,000 applicants for 250 positions!
                ICE 1811

Written Test: July/2009
                SI/WS: Mar/2010
                TSL: May 10/2010
                T&S: Sept 24/2010
                The Call: Oct 29/2010
                EOD: Dec 5/2010
                FLETC: Dec 13/2010

Comment

• Nov 19 basically means they've reached there 25,000

Comment

• Originally posted by prsungod View Post
                    25,000 applicants for 250 positions!
                    Where did you get your info from about 250 position? Is this solid

Comment

• Im going to be number 1-8-7 out of those 250 lol..

Comment

• Originally posted by dubb18 View Post
                        Where did you get your info from about 250 position? Is this solid
                        Congress approved around 220 new hires for FY 2011 for the SW border, any other hiring would be due to attrition/retiring (of course if they are approved on replacing those bodies).
                        This is information that has been discussed here many times before.
                        CBPO
                        Written: 08/29/2007
                        EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• As said previously, this recent announcement is most likely to fill the inventory for hiring in 2012 and there after. There are already hundreds, if not, a thousand plus already in the pool waiting for the call (myself included) who have applied back in 2008. Of those thousand plus, I am guesstimating that there are hundreds waiting in TSU for the southwest border final call for the 250 slots that was passes by Congress. I applied in January 2009 for the SWB (see: last time TO's went out) and only recently has anyone from my TO timetable (April 09) have received the call.

Comment

• I tested in April of 2009 and just last Friday got the TO. I know that it will at least another year if I actually do get put into a class.

Comment

• Yea but I'm sure that a few people that applied form this last announcement will slip through the cracks. Anything is possible.

Comment

• Originally posted by dubb18 View Post
                                Yea but I'm sure that a few people that applied form this last announcement will slip through the cracks. Anything is possible.
                                It is highly unlikely that would happen... They are hiring according to TO dates. That would then mean that from the NEW applicants, one would have to get a TO, then pass MED, FIT, DRUG, BI, and POLY, be placed into TSU and picked out by their "system" as the next hire. All this has to happen before all those prior candidates that had TO's completing their steps and entering TSU, never mind those already in TSU waiting for the "call". This would've been a likely situation back when they were hiring like crazy, with NO POLY policy and giving out "interim" clearances left and right, and with a TSU date (instead of TO date) used to determine hiring.
                                CBPO
                                Written: 08/29/2007
                                EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9360 users online. 299 members and 9061 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X