Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by skoonz View Post
    Whats up good people!

    Just wanted to let you guys/gals to know I received a T.O. today from when I tested back in 2009! I know have a long road ahead but it's good to see some movement.

    skoonz
    Dude I just got a TO after testing 4/2009. I recently reapplied since people received emails that the old test was no longer good. I never received the email but I went ahead last Tuesday morning and reapplied. I'm scheduled to take the exam on 12//10. I'm not sure if they gave me the TO from my old application or this new one and decided to use my old score. Anyway I did apply to the Southwestern Border. I'm also in the process with Border Patrol and have been in the process with DEA since 3/2009.

    What ever it is, I'm glad things are starting to move.

    Comment


    • What speciality jobs does CBP have?

      Comment


      • any CBPO applicants also apply for BPA?

        My situation: I recently re-submitted required docs, later applied to BPA and anticipating TO. Will they know this prior to sending tenetive selection letter? Will any forms be omitted, or will I have to re-submit everything again?
        Last edited by rbakous1; 11-19-2010, 11:35 AM.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by rbakous1 View Post
          any CBPO applicants also apply for BPA?

          My situation: I recently re-submitted required docs, later applied to BPA and anticipating TO. Will they know this prior to sending tenetive selection letter? Will any forms be omitted, or will I have to re-submit everything again?
          I am in the bp process too. I already
          did
          everything minus bi and drug test.can my med and pt be transfered over?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by sr20 View Post
            For which location?
            It was for California SW Border Locations

            Comment


            • Originally posted by ee78 View Post
              Dude I just got a TO after testing 4/2009. I recently reapplied since people received emails that the old test was no longer good. I never received the email but I went ahead last Tuesday morning and reapplied. I'm scheduled to take the exam on 12//10. I'm not sure if they gave me the TO from my old application or this new one and decided to use my old score. Anyway I did apply to the Southwestern Border. I'm also in the process with Border Patrol and have been in the process with DEA since 3/2009.

              What ever it is, I'm glad things are starting to move.
              I spoke to the hiring center today and was informed that I did not have to retest but could if I choose to do so. You are good as long as you received a T.O. so the T.O. you received today is not for the test you recently registered for. After speaking to the hiring center I canceled my test on test manager so my spot can go to someone who needs to test. I'm also in the process for ICE SA and hoping for that job but will go with the first to give a final offer.

              skoonz

              Comment


              • very true & funny..........
                Originally posted by imlikeaninja View Post
                I applied in July 2008 for NY Other and have been in TSU (clear for hire and awaiting a start date) since May 2009. I also re-applied in april 2009 for NY JFK and after waiting a year and a half for an offer on that application I was told last week that all those applications were being scrapped and i would have to start the process all over again.

                So, I'll tell you what I was told 3 years ago when I started this process. I didn't believe it then and you probably wont believe it now.
                It can take anywhere from 6 months to 5 years from test to hire. The truth is no one knows. No one on this message board knows, no one in CBP knows, the officer that you chit chatted with on your way back from vacation doesn't know, even the people in HR don't know.
                The best advice you will get is apply and then forget you applied and move on with your life. I used to hate hearing that from people on here but if I had listened to them it would have saved me a lot of unnecessary aggravation.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by skoonz View Post
                  I spoke to the hiring center today and was informed that I did not have to retest but could if I choose to do so. You are good as long as you received a T.O. so the T.O. you received today is not for the test you recently registered for. After speaking to the hiring center I canceled my test on test manager so my spot can go to someone who needs to test. I'm also in the process for ICE SA and hoping for that job but will go with the first to give a final offer.

                  skoonz

                  Thanks brother. How do I go to test manager to cancel the exam I'm scheduled for on December 10th?

                  Comment


                  • Only a portion of your medical will transfer over from CBPO to BPA or vice versa. Yet, I do know another guy that had to take the WHOLE medical portion over again when he processed for BPA even though he cleared it with CBPO. Secondly, your PT may or MAY NOT transfer over. It depends on what PT test you took. Did you take the old squat with a box test? Or did you take the sit ups and push ups test?

                    A lot of your processing will transfer over with the exception of the old PFT1 (which I did), the oral board, and your TSL1 packet (which comes with or after your T.O.) which you have to do to prove you are qualified for each specific job and at what specific grade.

                    Lastly, a lot of your processing comes down to TIME. Your BI might not transfer over if you're over your 1 year mark from your original BI (because you'll need a refresher) or close to your 2 year mark where they have to re-do your whole background from scratch. Same goes with the medical. They are not going to transfer your medical qualifications if they expire shortly simply because you're going to have to do it again regardless.

                    I hope this helps you. Anymore questions, PM me.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by seeOH View Post
                      Only a portion of your medical will transfer over from CBPO to BPA or vice versa. Yet, I do know another guy that had to take the WHOLE medical portion over again when he processed for BPA even though he cleared it with CBPO. Secondly, your PT may or MAY NOT transfer over. It depends on what PT test you took. Did you take the old squat with a box test? Or did you take the sit ups and push ups test?

                      A lot of your processing will transfer over with the exception of the old PFT1 (which I did), the oral board, and your TSL1 packet (which comes with or after your T.O.) which you have to do to prove you are qualified for each specific job and at what specific grade.

                      Lastly, a lot of your processing comes down to TIME. Your BI might not transfer over if you're over your 1 year mark from your original BI (because you'll need a refresher) or close to your 2 year mark where they have to re-do your whole background from scratch. Same goes with the medical. They are not going to transfer your medical qualifications if they expire shortly simply because you're going to have to do it again regardless.

                      I hope this helps you. Anymore questions, PM .)me.
                      t
                      Thanks, I appreciate the detailed answser. I too took the old PT test (lifting the box) so I'll have to re-do that.

                      Comment


                      • sorry wrong thead...
                        Last edited by pepe; 11-20-2010, 08:12 AM. Reason: sorry wrong thead...
                        "All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

                        BP Agent GEO: CA, SW Border.
                        Written Test: 10/04/10
                        NOR: 11/17/10 Passed(84%).
                        TSL 1: 11/17/10
                        OB: 03/01/11 Passed.
                        Med/PTF1: 04/19/11 Passed
                        TSL 2: 04/29/11.
                        e-QIP: 05/08/11
                        BI Interview: 07/26/11
                        Drug test: 08/05/11
                        Polygraph: 02/08/2012
                        CBP Officer GEO: TX, SW Border.
                        Written Test: 12/09/10
                        NOR: 02/01/11 Passed(84%).
                        TSL 1: 06/14/11
                        PTF 1: 07/20/11Passed.
                        VBT: 09/07/11 Passed

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by pepe View Post
                          Wow!! I might not have a tentative offer after all. For some reason I put the wrong e-mail address at the time I applied. Well I got a voice mail 2 days ago (11/17/10). It was some guy from the Minneapolis hiring center and he stated that they tried to send me a "tentative selection letter" via e-mail but my address was nonexistent. They instructed me to call back if I was still interested in the position, so that I could correct my electronic address. So I did, but yet have not received the so call "tentative selection letter". My point is that with all this technicalities I might have jump to conclusions assuming that that letter was my TO. With all my drama being said I'll let you guys be the judge of my naive assumption.
                          You are an idiot pepe (I'll be the first one to quote myself damn it...I deserve it)
                          "All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

                          BP Agent GEO: CA, SW Border.
                          Written Test: 10/04/10
                          NOR: 11/17/10 Passed(84%).
                          TSL 1: 11/17/10
                          OB: 03/01/11 Passed.
                          Med/PTF1: 04/19/11 Passed
                          TSL 2: 04/29/11.
                          e-QIP: 05/08/11
                          BI Interview: 07/26/11
                          Drug test: 08/05/11
                          Polygraph: 02/08/2012
                          CBP Officer GEO: TX, SW Border.
                          Written Test: 12/09/10
                          NOR: 02/01/11 Passed(84%).
                          TSL 1: 06/14/11
                          PTF 1: 07/20/11Passed.
                          VBT: 09/07/11 Passed

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by pepe View Post
                            Wow!! I might not have a tentative offer after all. For some reason I put the wrong e-mail address at the time I applied. Well I got a voice mail 2 days ago (11/17/10). It was some guy from the Minneapolis hiring center and he stated that they tried to send me a "tentative selection letter" via e-mail but my address was nonexistent. They instructed me to call back if I was still interested in the position, so that I could correct my electronic address. So I did, but yet have not received the so call "tentative selection letter". My point is that with all this technicalities I might have jump to conclusions assuming that that letter was my TO. With all my drama being said I'll let you guys be the judge of my naive assumption.
                            LOL. dude your kinda funny

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by ee78 View Post
                              Thanks brother. How do I go to test manager to cancel the exam I'm scheduled for on December 10th?
                              here ya go-

                              https://usatestmanager.gov/

                              skoonz

                              Comment


                              • Does anyone know if CBP offers a student loan repayment program?

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 5312 users online. 320 members and 4992 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X